Notifications
Clear all

Subscision Plus Filler and RF Microneedling

MemberMember
(@royalewitcheesee)

Posted : 08/07/2018 6:46 am

Hey all,

So I went to go see my derm and we talked about getting subscision and fillers. She first recommended bellafill but I dont want to go that route as I've never had fillers before. She gave me either restalyne or sculptra as options. I stated that I wanted to do RF microneedling a few months after but she said this may melt the filler. Is this true? Everything I've read on here states that it is perfectly fine and recommended to do it. Also, what is the theory behind RF microneedling after filler? Does it stimulate the collagen while the scar is filled and then when the filler is gone, the permanent collagen is left over (after a few treatments)?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/07/2018 9:18 am

Your Dr is out of touch no offense. Dr Lim just did a white paper that states no filler is melted when RF needling is done. Secondly how do you think they sterilize filler, ... they heat it way past the point of CO2 or RF needling to kill bacteria during manufacturing & packaging 😉

The theory behind scultra (1 vial) which is great for widespread scars is you subcisise and get the sculpta injected. The RF needling stimulates collagen formation, ... you of course would spot fill -H.A. / Resty the areas after more subcision and rf needling, before your resurface with laser or a deep peel.

BA

Yes Collagen through subcision and filler is stimulated, ... some need top up's and some have permanent improvement. Regardless the amount of filler get's less and less and the body makes collagen. Think about Bellafill down the road when your happy with how filling works, ... permanent filler permanent problems.