Notifications
Clear all

Subsicion, PRP, Dermapen, TCA cross for acne scars

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 09/27/2018 6:35 am

Going to Pr.Chu soon, you have got improvement, so happy for u!

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 09/28/2018 9:42 am

Have the results from day 16 to now held up? If so, great improvement! Gives the rest of us hope, please update us! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 10/15/2018 7:46 am

Hello all! apologies for the lack of an update, been busy with interviews and holiday. It has been nearly 10 weeks now since my initial treatment, I think I do see slight improvement, seems like some of the scars are now more shallow, but overall I don't see too much improvement, although this may be due to me over analysing my skin on a daily basis and we see the worst in ourselves! some of the deeper scars don't seem to have any improvement, hopefully these improve with further treatments. The little lump i mentioned I felt seems to have gone now, doesn't appear to be any negative effects from the subcision. 

I am planning to have another treatment at the end of this month, this time I want to also have tca cross, along with sub, prp and dermapen. I have added pics to provide an update, although I find it really hard to replicate the same lighting as previous pics so to me at least, it can appear to look better in the pics than it does in person.

1a.thumb.jpg.36b93ec8a7d0e113baff28149c668cd8.jpg2a.thumb.jpg.b31a6baa13f8d615e055486e242f16ed.jpg3a.thumb.jpg.2daaeee98e232653f9030563c51531e2.jpg4a.thumb.jpg.839de0a44415d4ef9c3222f99c447e6c.jpg

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/15/2018 7:58 am

`

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 10/15/2018 8:05 am

4 minutes ago, Candy Says said:

you can not see improvements? okay

as I mentioned I do see improvement, but when looking in person I don't think the improvement is that much, I think the angle/lighting is important when it comes to photos and I want to be honest and not mislead people of what I see when I look in the mirror myself, at least that is my personal opinion.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 10/15/2018 12:01 pm

there is improvement, maybe not as much as you would of hoped

thats good improvement imo, do a few rounds of that and things will look much better imo, once the bigger scars are raised you can improve the surface and see great changes

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 11/02/2018 12:15 pm

I had my second treatment last week, had sub, prp and dermapen like the first time, wanted to also have tca cross but was too swollen, so I had TCA cross done today. I had almost fully recovered from the procedure last week, a little bit of bruising and yellowness still, and now will have to see how the recovery from the TCA cross goes. I only did the TCA on my temples as I haven't done it before and paranoid about the downtime and red marks so wanted to try the temples first, which is also where I feel most my icepick and boxcar scars are. Added pictures below 1 week after my sub, prp, dermapen, will update on the TCA cross, currently feels fine, there was the frosting after my appointment which has gone, now just waiting for all the scabbing to start. 

1.thumb.jpg.23eacbaa1cd304877b7d008270e364ee.jpg2.thumb.jpg.7cbe2d3af7271877c8a749842d27db03.jpg3.thumb.jpg.690e948a6e556104d1670e846dfa51d3.jpg4.thumb.jpg.33b0bec92884379d018e438f8170bb1e.jpg

MemberMember
(@asianman81)

Posted : 11/28/2018 6:14 pm

wonderful!

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 11/29/2018 1:52 am

It's true you are your worst critic, but i see significant improvement. If you can get 60-70% improvement overall, feel lucky !

MemberMember
(@andys_01)

Posted : 01/06/2019 10:20 am

@Kratosandboy

Do you still continue the treatment with Dr. Anil (subcision without filler )?

How is your progress ?

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 01/06/2019 5:23 pm

I haven't done anything since my second treatment, currently I am just using pigamanorm cream I got from him to help with the red marks from the tca, and hoping this will help with the other red marks I already have, don't see much improvement but its making my face noticeably red and flaking which isn't fun.

In terms of general progress haven't seen much improvement since, currently I don't plan to do anything further at least in the first half of the year as won't be able to get the time off to recover, I will see if there is any improvement over the coming months and may potentially decide to do some more treatments towards the end of the year.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/07/2019 2:04 pm

You might also try niacinamide for rednesss. hydroquinone helps with brown marks but not red ones.

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 01/09/2019 5:34 pm

thanks @superburritoIwill continue to use the cream I got for a few more weeks and then will look into that.

Could anyone also recommend an at home peel I could do? I am looking for something which I can do once a week and doesn't have any downtime, redness for a day or two would be fine. I know there is glycolic or salicyclic, but not sure what would be the most suitable for me, or is there no real difference and it just depends on the strength? Is it safe to just purchase these off amazon or does anyone know any reliable shops/websites? Thank you

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/09/2019 10:02 pm

@Kratosandboy, I don't have too much knowledge about at-home peels, but you might check out Deciem's product line. I've used theirThe Ordinary brandfor Niacinamide, which is less than 10 USD. Dr Rullan, who is an expert on peels wrote this guide awhile back:

http://www.dermatologytimes.com/cosmetic-surgery/picking-best-peel

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/10/2019 3:16 am

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/10/2019 8:03 am

@KratosandboyThere is a whole acid peeling guide at the top of the scar treatments sub. Please read it and no you don't wan't to go cheap or that could be car cleaner material. For your skin type it takes prep as is mentioned in the guide, ... you probably want a combo peel with lightening effectiveness as well. MUAC sells one.

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 01/10/2019 5:10 pm

Thank you all very much for the suggestions, I will have a read of the peeling guide and have a look on MUAC, Deceim and cult beauty, seems to be a lot of options.

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 01/10/2019 5:30 pm

did you have to take any time off from work or school?

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 01/13/2019 4:48 pm

@californiakidI actually had a few months off in between starting my new job, but I think for the future if I do it I will take off two weeks from work, thats how long it took me to fully recover, though I think if you did it on a thurs/friday, and took the following week off, should mostly be recovered in those 9/10 days

MemberMember
(@chegueavra)

Posted : 04/23/2019 2:14 pm

On 1/13/2019 at 9:48 PM, Kratosandboy said:

@californiakidI actually had a few months off in between starting my new job, but I think for the future if I do it I will take off two weeks from work, thats how long it took me to fully recover, though I think if you did it on a thurs/friday, and took the following week off, should mostly be recovered in those 9/10 days

Hi Kratosandboy, this has been a great thread, thanks for the contribution. I have booked a consultation with Dr Anil next weekand I'm glad I am now more aware of the downtime.

Just wanted to know if you could update us, nowthat it's been almost 6 months since your second treatment. I hope you have seen some improvement.

MemberMember
(@kratosandboy)

Posted : 04/23/2019 4:49 pm

2 hours ago, chegueavra said:

Hi Kratosandboy, this has been a great thread, thanks for the contribution. I have booked a consultation with Dr Anil next weekand I'm glad I am now more aware of the downtime.

Just wanted to know if you could update us, nowthat it's been almost 6 months since your second treatment. I hope you have seen some improvement.

hey @chegueavra, I don't think I have seen too much improvement to be honest, to me it seems pretty much the same as before the treatments, although only had 2 and know it requires more treatments. Not sure what I will do next, im debating getting some restalyne skin boosters and see what they do, thinking I should maybe get those together with another round of sub, but dont know if I will be able to getenough time off for a full recovery. Despite not seeing much results I think Anil himself is good and helpful post treatment and price wise was good, not sure if its gone up/down now as I think he moved to a new clinic. All the best with your journey and let me know if you have any more questions

MemberMember
(@the-truth-about-scars-2)

Posted : 04/24/2019 10:07 am

17 hours ago, Kratosandboy said:

hey @chegueavra, I don't think I have seen too much improvement to be honest, to me it seems pretty much the same as before the treatments, although only had 2 and know it requires more treatments. Not sure what I will do next, im debating getting some restalyne skin boosters and see what they do, thinking I should maybe get those together with another round of sub, but dont know if I will be able to getenough time off for a full recovery. Despite not seeing much results I think Anil himself is good and helpful post treatment and price wise was good, not sure if its gone up/down now as I think he moved to a new clinic. All the best with your journey and let me know if you have any more questions

Excuse me my English, I have more than 6 months reading this website many hours a day with the hope of finding some miracle or solution to this damn curse.
there are millions of people willing to spend thousands of dollars to erase these curses from our faces but there is also a multi-billion dollar industry ready to invent any solution with false theories for example, lasers, peels, microneedles etc ... each treatment has its own miraculous theory . I can not understand how dermatologists have the courage to see their eyes, their future patients scammed. they only care about their money, and here is when the excuses appear "you need more sessions, you need 6 months for new collagen, etc. or sometimes the placebo effect appears, many believe that it has improved but it is only those that dermatologists make you believe, photos taken with different lighting or angle can make the best treatment for scars exist.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/24/2019 10:49 am

@the truth about scars.....Very strange username you created, there are multiple other instances of this name with variations of "dots" after and one or a few posts, you may be a troll, I cannot say. I will respond with the benefit of the doubt.How would you know the truth about scars, regardless.

false theories for example, lasers, peels, microneedles etc ... each treatment has its own miraculous theory .

Who are you to make the claim above? There are numerous medical studies/ data(split blind studies), showing all of this. But yes no"one," device or laser will fix you.

@Kratosandboy has chosen his own path and his own plan, he can stop or start at any time - he does not have time right now for treatment. He is not you and you cannot compare. Treatment is customized. This is a marathon not a quick treat it and forget it. Same with any surgical revision or aesthetic concern.

It's funny, I talked to a friend who is a body builder. He discussed the dedication and ongoing long term lifestyle it takes. He said many are not meant to do it. They get excited seeing the pictures, reading the magazines, or imaging if they were like that. When it comes down to the time to work, they are not meant for the constant fight and sacrifice. Not everyone looks like a famous bodybuilder for various reasons. They give up and then complain online that there must be a easier way, some take steroids, and other's take short cuts.

Your post belongs in the ""scarless healing"" thread (pinned to the top of the sub). Like most of the treatment deniers are often discussed there as they wait for the next best thing and complain about what we have today. Sometimes paralyzed to take any action by their own fear, or their perfectionism makes them not want to do anything, yet they hang around and post about it as it consumes them mentally.Scar treatments work, if your a denier then I think it would be best to post there. All of us on the "scar treatments," ... notice it says"treatments," know about bad marketing, terrible Dr's who are money hungry and suggest the wrong thing. I have helped thousands to actually get improvement. If you don't want to fix your scars, and yes it may be thousands in a severe situation, I suggest you a) do nothing, b) wait and post in the scarless healing thread for the next best thing, c) get some therapy(talkspace offers unlimited therapy on a smartphone as many are obsessive about their scars or have other conditions that are underlying the physical defect) because your condition is effecting you and keeping you back in your life - yet you do not want to do something about it or perhaps you cannot afford to do something about it. If you have been truly reading for 6 months you know there are at home treatments you can do. But yes your not going to have glass smooth perfect skin, .. it depends how you heal.You are making cognitive assumptions or errors to think all treatments, drs, and outcomes are the same. This is not true (variability). We have many sucess stories here and people who are healthy - moving on with their lives.

Also it's silly to say placebo effect,... it's a surgery, of course you have to wait until you heal to see results, otherwise if you think it's a placebo or nonsense to you, then why bother staying here for 6 months, we don't want you to waist your time. If your putting down my advice I help people for free and as such I have to analyze their decisions and possible poor treatment by ordinary dermatologists who are not qualified to treat their customized conditions. Yours is not like theirs so please don't compare, ... everyone is different(so many vulnerabilities).