Notifications
Clear all

TCA + Subcision + Needling with Dr Rullan

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/19/2018 11:43 am

On 8/17/2018 at 8:18 AM, Maxzide said:
@49ersFan

I had my procedure yesterday. 24 lidocaine 1% 3 ml needles were used to numbed my entire face.

Congrats on finishing up the first treatment!

I saw a 80-90% improvement in my rolling scars!

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/19/2018 12:47 pm

1 hour ago, cautiouslyhopeful said:
Congrats on finishing up first treatment!

I saw a 80-90% improvement in my rolling scars!

Thanks!

How many subcision did you have?

I'm excited to be on this journey. 3 more Cross+Subcision+microneedling to go. After doing Dr Rahimi subcision, I gave up on subcision, but I'm glad I found Dr Rullan.

MemberMember
(@scarredgirl92)

Posted : 08/19/2018 5:01 pm

4 hours ago, Maxzide said:
Thanks!

I'm excited to be on this journey. 3 more Cross+Subcision+microneedling to go. After doing Dr Rahimi subcision, I gave up on subcision, but I'm glad I found Dr Rullan.

Hey Maxzide, Im going to have the SAME procedure with the same doctor this coming Thursday as well. Do you think youll be able to go back to work tomorrow? My plan was to take Thursday and Friday off and return back on Monday

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/19/2018 5:11 pm

11 minutes ago, scarredgirl92 said:
4 hours ago, Maxzide said:
Thanks!

Hey Maxzide, Im going to have the SAME procedure with the same doctor this coming Thursday as well. Do you think youll be able to go back to work tomorrow? My plan was to take Thursday and Friday off and return back on Monday

I came back to work after 2 days but I wore surgical mask since I work in a hospital. I'm 4 day post-op and still puffy, redness, scabs. I have vacation next week so I think it will heal nicely by then.

If my swelling come down and I use dermablend, I don't think it would be a huge problem.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/20/2018 12:33 am

11 hours ago, Maxzide said:

I've only had 1 so far. Rullan suggested that I get 3 as well. Next one is scheduled for October.

I see improvements in my boxcars on my temple as well. Its only been a month.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/20/2018 10:15 am

9 hours ago, cautiouslyhopeful said:
I've only had 1 so far. Rullan suggested that I get 3 as well. Next one is scheduled for October.

I see improvements in my boxcars on my temple as well. Its only been a month.

Keep us updated too. My next one is in mid October as well.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/23/2018 3:56 pm

After 5 day post-op, I can go outside without wearing mask or dermablend. Today is a week from the procedure and my skin seems completely heal. I have alot of improvement maybe 30% better.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 08/23/2018 9:53 pm

Congrats on seeing some success in your journey! I am seeing Dr Rullan myself in November!

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/24/2018 10:36 am

12 hours ago, superburrito said:

Congrats on seeing some success in your journey! I am seeing Dr Rullan myself in November!

Thanks. Best of luck. I'll be done with my second procedure by then. I can definitely give you a better evaluation afterward.

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 09/18/2018 9:33 am

@Maxzidehey Max how did your healing go? Did the 30% results still hold up? 30% after just one procedure is very encouraging! Any before/after pictures you can send for the rest of us? Will be flying out to see Dr Rullan soon I believe based on your results

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 09/18/2018 12:58 pm

@49ersFanI think 20% is realistic now. It does looks 30% on my cheeks when I just wake up.

I'm planning to do subcision, phenol cross and sculptra for stimulating collagen x 2. Finish off with resurfacing peel.
MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 09/18/2018 1:34 pm

@MaxzideWow that's still great 20% after just one treatment and should get better with the collagen that rebuilds overtime...So the first time you do subcision (no filler), phenol cross, and microneedling, and now you are going to do subcision w/ sculptra and phenol cross? Did Dr Rullan recommend this or is this something you brought up because you think the results will be better? What kind of scars do you have?

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 09/18/2018 2:47 pm

I was given this recommendation by someone base on the images I provided . Sculptra is for the collagen production and fat loss.

I also had PRF with the first procedure. Dr Rullan did mentioned I needed fillers later on so both had reach similiar conclusion.

I was given a quote to do Microneedling, Subcision, phenol cross and sculptra. I'm not sure to do it all the same time due to the swelling or space the sculptra apart.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 10/23/2018 6:20 pm

I had my second subcision with Phenol Cross, sculptra filler (1st) and microneeding. I'm more swollen and bruise than last time even a week out. Dr Rullan explained it's due to the sculptra.

He did tried a liberator tool on one side of the cheek instead of cannula needle. He switched to cannula for the other side and other when I felt it was more painful than cannula.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 10/24/2018 12:15 am

5 hours ago, Maxzide said:

I had my second subcision with Phenol Cross, sculptra filler (1st) and microneeding. I'm more swollen and bruise than last time even a week out. Dr Rullan explained it's due to the sculptra.

He did tried a liberator tool on one side of the cheek instead of cannula needle. He switched to cannula for the other side and other when I felt it was more painful than cannula.

Wait, what is a liberator tool? I've never heard of this. Did he explain why?

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 10/24/2018 3:17 pm

@cautiouslyhopefulIt's a new tool he used for subcision. It's called "Taylor Liberator"

@beautifulambition did talk about it in forum thread. Just do a search.
Here is a video of it on youtube

I think I'm the first patient he tested it out on.

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 10/26/2018 3:21 pm

@MaxzideThat's awesome you just had your 2nd surgery. I am going at the end of November for my first, let us know in a few weeks if you see anymore improvement!

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@cali_scars)

Posted : 10/26/2018 7:44 pm

@Maxzide good it worked for you. Does Dr Rullan provides online consultation? I am thinking of giving it a try. His office is 8 hrs drive from me, so can go for treatment. but drive just for consultation would be too much . Not able to find good recommendation in bay area.

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 10/27/2018 5:12 pm

On 10/26/2018 at 1:21 PM, 49ersFan said:
@MaxzideThat's awesome you just had your 2nd surgery. I am going at the end of November for my first, let us know in a few weeks if you see anymore improvement!
21 hours ago, cali_scars said:
@Maxzide good it worked for you. Does Dr Rullan provides online consultation? I am thinking of giving it a try. His office is 8 hrs drive from me, so can go for treatment. but drive just for consultation would be too much . Not able to find good recommendation in bay area.

@49ersFanThanks! I'm still swollen on the right side of my cheek with some bruising. I suspect it's due to the Taylor liberator.If you are concern with the bruising or pain, maybe you can ask for the cannula subcision.

@cali_scarsVia email. He doesn't charge anything for it. He will provide you with the treatment plan and you can coordinate with the office manager for the pricing. I didn't drive to do consultation either.

I'm planning to do one more subcision with phenol cross, sculptra, microneedling 3 months from now.

I'm planning to have 2-day chemabrasion in late 2019 during the winter month which is recommended to me by @beautifulambition

I'm hoping 50% overall improvement with 3 subcisions, cross, filler, microneedling + chemabrasion. That's probably enough for me to move on.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 10/28/2018 1:45 pm

On 10/24/2018 at 1:17 PM, Maxzide said:
@cautiouslyhopefulIt's a new tool he used for subcision. It's called "Taylor Liberator"

@beautifulambition did talk about it in forum thread. Just do a search.
Here is a video of it on youtube

I think I'm the first patient he tested it out on.

Yikes. I'm assuming he got your consent before trying....So are you seeing a difference between the sides that he did and didn't do it on? or still too early to tell from the swelling?

How much improvement did you see after your first sub?

I think I saw a 30% improvement from my 1st sub back with him at the end of July. It was especially noticeable on my rolling scars. Less so on textural issues. Looking to get a 2nd sub next month.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 10/29/2018 10:09 am

20 hours ago, cautiouslyhopeful said:
Yikes. I'm assuming he got your consent before trying....So are you seeing a difference between the sides that he did and didn't do it on? or still too early to tell from the swelling?

How much improvement did you see after your first sub?

I think I saw a 30% improvement from my 1st sub back with him at the end of July. It was especially noticeable on my rolling scars. Less so on textural issues. Looking to get a 2nd sub next month.

Yea he did.

I'm more bruise and tender on one side he did it on. The sider with liberator, I'm more plump up. It could be due to liberator or the filler.

I think around 15-20% total improvement being conservative for 2 treatments for all type of scars. I have severe acne or so some area improve more than others up to 30% in rolling scars area.

I still have splotchy skin so I'm hoping a chemabrasion after my 3rd subcisions would fix uneven skin tone and scars

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 10/30/2018 8:42 pm

Post 2 weeks update.

I feel like this is the most significant improvement. 20-25% in my cheek. I still have some bruising on my cheek where the Taylor Liberator was performed. Area where there are fat loss seems to fill in nicely.

It's sorta weird to touch my cheeks and feel the tenderness/sculptra

MemberMember
(@motivatedcode)

Posted : 10/31/2018 9:37 pm

Hi. Thank you for your thorough review and keeping us updated throughout your journey. I was just recommended the same combo of procedures through an email consultation with dr. Rullan (subcision, TCA cross, and microneedling. At least 3 sessions).

Im wondering, since I havent seen your pictures, do you have any boxcar scars? And if so, do you think this combination of treatments helped see improvement in them? I only have a couple noticeable rolling scars and they dont really bother me that much. Its the large boxcars on my front cheeks that really get to me, along with many icepicks. I have pictures in my gallery and plan to post more if youre interested in seeing what I mean.

So Im wondering if you think this combination of treatments is worth it to treat mainly boxcar/icepicks, not so much rolling? He also quoted me the exact same price as you, but I live in south Florida and would have to fly, pay for housing/transportation, and take one off work.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 11/01/2018 6:23 pm

20 hours ago, MotivatedCode said:

Hi. Thank you for your thorough review and keeping us updated throughout your journey. I was just recommended the same combo of procedures through an email consultation with dr. Rullan (subcision, TCA cross, and microneedling. At least 3 sessions).

Im wondering, since I havent seen your pictures, do you have any boxcar scars? And if so, do you think this combination of treatments helped see improvement in them? I only have a couple noticeable rolling scars and they dont really bother me that much. Its the large boxcars on my front cheeks that really get to me, along with many icepicks. I have pictures in my gallery and plan to post more if youre interested in seeing what I mean.

So Im wondering if you think this combination of treatments is worth it to treat mainly boxcar/icepicks, not so much rolling? He also quoted me the exact same price as you, but I live in south Florida and would have to fly, pay for housing/transportation, and take one off work.

I don't have box scar but mostly rolling scars and some ice picks. When he did his consultation, he mentioned mostly rolling scars and icepick as well. Rolling scars saw the most improvement and some icepick. My bruising has improve so it's easier to judge the improvement.

I see 40% improvement on some scars on my cheeks. Again I'm 2 weeks out so I don't know if it's the swelling or not. I think subcision should help with all type of scars since it free the tether scars up.

That's going to be an expensive trip. Best of luck! You are in good hand. He is very caring Dr. He went back to finish some scars when he missed it the first time. I'm going back to third time in Feb and doing phenol peel in Nov next year.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 11/02/2018 12:13 am

5 hours ago, Maxzide said:
I'm going back to third time in Feb and doing phenol peel in Nov next year.

Good stuff. Are you going to do the phenol peel with him?