Notifications
Clear all

CO2 laser in treating acne scars - ultrapulse & Subcision of Acne Scars W/ Dr Lim Dr Rullan and Other Drs - Success Story in Progress

MemberMember
(@hilalela)

Posted : 05/12/2020 10:04 am

WOW!!!! You look fantastic!! Massive improvement!! I am very happy for you. You are another example that we all are not lost and our scarring may be improved significantly.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 05/12/2020 7:48 pm

20 hours ago, hlp334 said:

Wow that™s amazing improvement!! Congrats :) 

Thanks!!!

9 hours ago, hilalela said:

WOW!!!! You look fantastic!! Massive improvement!! I am very happy for you. You are another example that we all are not lost and our scarring may be improved significantly.

Thank you! I hope to inspire those with severe scars out there, we aren™t doomed! 

MemberMember
(@littlebopeacoatgmail-com)

Posted : 05/12/2020 8:40 pm

I cannot believe the improvement you™ve had - your skin looks absolutely incredible! Definitely gives me hope for improvement! :) 

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 05/14/2020 6:48 pm

On 5/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, alxscars said:

I cannot believe the improvement you™ve had - your skin looks absolutely incredible! Definitely gives me hope for improvement! :) 

Thank you! Wishing you luck on your acne scar journey 

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 05/15/2020 4:25 pm

@shei514You have come across a long way, congratz, your results are amazing!
Regardless your scars, you are a very beautiful girl and you have aentire brilliant future across your path
Thank you for docummenting your journey.Iwish you the best of luck.
Be well, be blessed, be a blessing.
Cheers

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 05/16/2020 7:02 pm

On 5/15/2020 at 2:25 PM, De Rerum Natura said:

@shei514You have come across a long way, congratz, your results are amazing!
Regardless your scars, you are a very beautiful girl and you have aentire brilliant future across your path
Thank you for docummenting your journey.Iwish you the best of luck.
Be well, be blessed, be a blessing.
Cheers

Thank you for your lovely words!

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/17/2020 8:01 pm

Hello @shei514

I am trying to find your thread. Having trouble. Did you do filler ? Did it get lumpy and when did you do it ? With sub or after thanks. Looks great

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/17/2020 10:37 pm

2 hours ago, SharonBarnes said:

Hello @shei514

I am trying to find your thread. Having trouble. Did you do filler ? Did it get lumpy and when did you do it ? With sub or after thanks. Looks great

This is her thread. You can begin your reading by going to the very first page.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 06/18/2020 1:26 pm

17 hours ago, SharonBarnes said:

Hello @shei514

Yes Ive done filler on multiple occasions. Lumps after filleris a pretty common occurrence but it goes away with time. This is my experience with filler at least.

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/18/2020 10:48 pm

Thank you for responding. When you say with time do you mean days or weeks or months typically ? My fear is it will look like cysts.
also did you do filler at the same time as sub ? Thank you !

MemberMember
(@jkatakozinos1gmail-com)

Posted : 06/19/2020 12:03 am

@shei514Hey! Congrats on your improvement. Your right side looks unreal. Wanted to ask, do you mind adding a log of your treatments with Who, what, when, and why. This is so others can see your process and journey.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 06/19/2020 7:18 am

Shei514, your scarring is very similar to what I had. People always bug me about posting before pictures because my before pictures would be from over 50 years ago, and there were no cell phones and nobody was taking selfies. You can see by my signature line all the treatments I had done. One thing I would ask you is what were your Ultrapulse settings. Ultrapulse is made by Luminis which also makes the DeepFX. I can't believe that most people have no idea at what level they are being treated because that makes such a huge difference.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 06/19/2020 5:09 pm

18 hours ago, SharonBarnes said:

Thank you for responding. When you say with time do you mean days or weeks or months typically ? My fear is it will look like cysts.
also did you do filler at the same time as sub ? Thank you !

Yes I do filler the same time as sub usually. I have done filler alone on some occasions. Usually weeks for me and the lumps disappear

17 hours ago, RickeyDog1212 said:

@shei514Hey! Congrats on your improvement. Your right side looks unreal. Wanted to ask, do you mind adding a log of your treatments with Who, what, when, and why. This is so others can see your process and journey.

Thanks!

List of treatments and time line:

5 (or six) treatments of Fraxel Laser Resurfacing (In New Zealand) This was performed at a beauty clinic when I did not know anything about scarring. It dawned on me that these treatments would not help me

2 Sessions of Fully Ablative Erbium Resurfacing (In New Zealand, doctor knew very little of scarring and said I would get 50% improvement I was left very depressed when that didnt happen).

At this point I decided I couldnt gamble my skin anymore in NZ and decided to see Dr Lim in Brisbane Australia. I had read many reviews and was excited

2017/2018
Subcision (Dr Lim)
CO2 Core Laser (Dr Lim)
Filler/Additional Subcision (Dr Lim)
CO2 Ultrapulse (Dr Lim)
CO2 Core Laser and Subcision (Dr Lim)
CO2 Core Laser and Subcision (Dr Lim)

2019:
Subcision, phenol cross and Erbium laser Resurfacing (Rullan)

TCA Cross x3 (I think it was three times), Subcision x1 and filler (filler might have been performed twice) Dr Ben Behnam

Subcision, phenol cross and Erbium laser resurfacing (Rullan)

Subcision and Filler (Dr Rullan)

2020:

Subcision, phenol cross, Erbium laser resurfacing (Dr Rullan)

Future Plans:

I am planning to treat one more time before the year ends, I hope. With the current situation I dont know. I hope to see Dr Lim but do not know yet and if I cant see him I hope to see Dr Rullan. I will be in New Zealand soon but have business in the US and hope to go back there before the end of the year. So I will see how it all goes.

10 hours ago, DudleyDoRight said:

Shei514, your scarring is very similar to what I had. People always bug me about posting before pictures because my before pictures would be from over 50 years ago, and there were no cell phones and nobody was taking selfies. You can see by my signature line all the treatments I had done. One thing I would ask you is what were your Ultrapulse settings. Ultrapulse is made by Luminis which also makes the DeepFX. I can't believe that most people have no idea at what level they are being treated because that makes such a huge difference.

I dont have any original photos of my scarring because I would cry every time I would take the photos lol but I do wish I had photos showing my skin from the very very beginning.

As far as the settings are concerned, I do not know and have forgotten now. I did try and get records but never heard back from his office so not sure. I do remember he said he was using Ultrapulse for the deep fibrosis. He also said this was a laser used on burn patients and he was using similar settings. He also noted Id need a lot of downtime and recovery. Ill send in a note to the derms office and see what I can find out - it would be very useful information.

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/19/2020 6:05 pm

Thank you @shei514so sorry asking so many questions but when you did the sub with filler and there are lumps is it visible like when there is a cyst under the skin or do you mean you can feel the lumps but they are flat to the naked eye?

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 06/20/2020 4:40 am

@shei514thanks so much for your sharing. you give me hope! i'm in the phase of regretting a whole year treatments. not that they did not give zero improvements. they did in some parts but not the parts that are scarred the most and i want to fix the most...and i feel i do get pinholes from needling especially in temples and nose areas where i feel the doc kept using the same length of needles despite of my plea not to.

in terms of TCA Cross, what after care do you use? i read very old forum, success membersused EGF skincare. it was booming during that year and newly introduced like the new kids on the block skincare. i'm concern with Aquaphore or Vaseline since they have potential to clog my skintype. also i feel only hydrating might not help that much in terms of good cells regeneration

also do you think the fillers really help in lifting the scars? there's this new 'self-healing" type of filler called Rejuran that are used by dermatologists here. it seems has not been picked up by this forum members yet though

sorry for the long message ^^

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 06/28/2020 10:03 pm

On 6/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, SharonBarnes said:

Thank you @shei514so sorry asking so many questions but when you did the sub with filler and there are lumps is it visible like when there is a cyst under the skin or do you mean you can feel the lumps but they are flat to the naked eye?

Yes my lumps were visible after filler

On 6/20/2020 at 2:40 AM, poorbunny888 said:

@shei514thanks so much for your sharing. you give me hope! i'm in the phase of regretting a whole year treatments. not that they did not give zero improvements. they did in some parts but not the parts that are scarred the most and i want to fix the most...and i feel i do get pinholes from needling especially in temples and nose areas where i feel the doc kept using the same length of needles despite of my plea not to.

in terms of TCA Cross, what after care do you use? i read very old forum, success membersused EGF skincare. it was booming during that year and newly introduced like the new kids on the block skincare. i'm concern with Aquaphore or Vaseline since they have potential to clog my skintype. also i feel only hydrating might not help that much in terms of good cells regeneration

also do you think the fillers really help in lifting the scars? there's this new 'self-healing" type of filler called Rejuran that are used by dermatologists here. it seems has not been picked up by this forum members yet though

sorry for the long message ^^

I use Vaseline for TCA after care and a thick moisturiser like NiveaCream. It really does the trick. I had the same concerns about Vaseline but it has never broken me out

I have never heard of that filler. Filler is amazing though it lifts scars and some people even believe fillerlifts scars permanently even with temp filler.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 07/04/2020 4:55 am

On 6/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, shei514 said:

@shei514

thanks so much for the response. good to hear Vaseline suits you well. i made huge mistake by applying it on my 2 small acnes in the past and it irritated them becoming cyst acnes and leave unsightly scars now :( i'm thinking more of Aquaphor than Vaseline but concern if  i apply it thinly, it might not be hydrating enough. 

good insight for the fillers. it gives me hope of my stubborn ice-pick and box scars. i try to look for a less harmful fillers ingredients that would not cause further inflammation in the long run. I read many cases of granulomas appear years after fillers injection. The Rejuran I mentioned is made of Salmon DNA which is still a foreign substance to our body though it sounds more 'organic' than other fillers ingredients I know. I think it's not marketed in US yet as there's similar self-healing filler called Sculptra? but i read horror stories of Sculptra years after.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/04/2020 3:46 pm

10 hours ago, poorbunny888 said:

but i read horror stories of Sculptra years after.

That used to be the case in its earlier days where you were left with unsightly granulomas. But alot has changed since then and that ever actually happening is very small.

MemberMember
(@anonymous682)

Posted : 07/04/2020 5:19 pm

Your skin has improved a lot, congrats. I think a lot of people will appreciate your documentation of the experience as well.

MemberMember
(@monkieturtlegmail-com)

Posted : 07/04/2020 9:26 pm

How much did it cost you in total for the whole 3 years journey?

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 07/05/2020 10:54 pm

On 7/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, anonymous682 said:

Your skin has improved a lot, congrats. I think a lot of people will appreciate your documentation of the experience as well.

thanks! I hope to continue my progress and continue documenting :)

On 7/5/2020 at 2:26 PM, monkieturtle said:

How much did it cost you in total for the whole 3 years journey? 

I have spent about $8k USD in 2019/2020 so far... 

In 2018 I spent about $7-8 AUSD excluding travel/accomodation expenses 

In 2017 I spent about $7 NZD (however I regret spending all of that money, total waste). 

On 7/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, poorbunny888 said:

@shei514

thanks so much for the response. good to hear Vaseline suits you well. i made huge mistake by applying it on my 2 small acnes in the past and it irritated them becoming cyst acnes and leave unsightly scars now :( i'm thinking more of Aquaphor than Vaseline but concern if  i apply it thinly, it might not be hydrating enough. 

good insight for the fillers. it gives me hope of my stubborn ice-pick and box scars. i try to look for a less harmful fillers ingredients that would not cause further inflammation in the long run. I read many cases of granulomas appear years after fillers injection. The Rejuran I mentioned is made of Salmon DNA which is still a foreign substance to our body though it sounds more 'organic' than other fillers ingredients I know. I think it's not marketed in US yet as there's similar self-healing filler called Sculptra? but i read horror stories of Sculptra years after.

I like filler however I watched a video on youtube about the long term effects of filler and it got me a little freaked. I have gone a bit overboard with filler and I'm scared of the long term effects. I have read a lot of what you have about granulomas & how temporary filler is still in the face after 5 years since it was injected. Maybe these horror stories are just the outliers I don't know. 

Side note for anyone reading. I'm considering at home treatments due to COVID 19. There's no way I can see Dr Lim with the Australian boarder closed at the moment. I may be able to see Dr Rullan however I am not sure on this yet. I will see how my budget goes.

I bought 50% TCA Cross  (waiting for its arrival) but I read something Dr Lim wrote on real self saying that at home TCA is dangerous and can cause fibrosis especially if you use the TCA Cross on scars that don't need it/it's not suited for. I am planning on going up to 80-90% eventually so want to know what the experience is like. For now, I have a 70% glycolic acid peel. I will sometimes microneedle.

Is this a good idea? 

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 07/06/2020 1:45 am

Please dont do the TCA Cross on your own. Better safe than sorry.

But alternating between Glycolic Acid Peels and Microneedling can improve texture, so I would go with that in the meantime. You might also want to look into prescription strength tretinoin.

I feel like your progress has been amazing and youve come a long way. Just wait until offices start opening up again.

Of course nobody can tell you what to do BUT I felt like this needed to be said.

Much love

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 07/14/2020 12:18 am

@shei514

sorry for the late response. Please don't do TCA Cross by your own. you have accomplished so much with your skin and the travel ban won't last forever :) i also feel devastated with my current little progress but still looking back, i've made progress.

what worries me more is my expectation of the final result would be different with what's achieved. as long as it still makes progress or room for improvement, i'd be grateful still. i do still hope my scar could be fixed to the initial condition, fingercross. 

as for fillers, it's still foreign substance injected to our body, so we could not really predict what's going to happen even if it's diluted. With that said, i do have a friend who inject her indented scars but they're very fresh scars and the fillers do help them become flat again just by 1 injection. i could see the underlying reason of filler effectiveness in keeping the scars from tethering back but the thing is you  need several injections and problems i read usually arise after several treatments even if the beginning of the treatments were a success. what about vacuuming the scars after treatment? 

On 7/5/2020 at 3:46 AM, Sirius Lee said:

That used to be the case in its earlier days where you were left with unsightly granulomas. But a lot has changed since then and that ever actually happening is very small.

yes, i've read that now they are diluted? but i think with foreign substance it might be a bit hard to predict especially if we need more than 1 injection. however, if it could assist with final touch of my scar treatment journey, i might do it but just 1 series of treatment though. when it's reached superficial level , just to help the scar tissue not to attach back and achieve smoother surface. the injectables i mentioned earlier, Rejuran, has this variety specifically designed for scars. It builds up stronger "scaffolding" in treated scar tissues to hold it up.

MemberMember
(@outkast93)

Posted : 08/15/2020 12:22 am

This post is everything. @shei514thank you for sharing your treatment journey with us. your skin has improved so much you look stunning.

shei514 liked
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 09/30/2020 5:42 pm

On 9/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, can i get a new life please said:

What do you think about improvements give yourself a %

I dont know anymore ;( sometimes I dont think Ive had much improvement at all, especially when I see myself in the mirror. Its hard to judge these days Im having a lot of bad skin days more often than not.

You liked