Notifications
Clear all

Possible treatments for my scarring

MemberMember
(@helpless_cat)

Posted : 04/05/2018 1:19 am

I've had acne for about 8, and I'm currently on a treatment plan to clear my skin. But, as it started to clear, I noticed my scars. They're so painfully obvious and it's really waning on my self confidence. I even went to a dermatologist about this and she said that she couldn't see them.
1. We were in a room where the light wasn't coming down. 
2. She took pictures of my face with the light coming from her side, not down.  

I want to start saving money for whatever treatments I can get my hands on; rather what would feasible. 

20180404_225825.jpg

20180404_225830.jpg

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 04/05/2018 2:37 am

What is the treatment plan that you're on? Hopefully not retin-a, I've used it before and it gave me cystic acne and scarring, which I didn't get with other retinoids.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/05/2018 2:49 pm

@Helpless_CatI barley see any scarring at all. Perhaps get some acid peels done or a erbium laser resurfacing / peel with a local Dr.

@AngelinnaI have read several of your posts. Just because something did not work for you does not mean it will work for others. The histology and HUGE clinical experience says retin-a / tretinorin / differin does work. Perhaps your skin did not react to the forum it was given. It's provided in a carrier after all. You even state a different type you had no issues with. Sensitive skin can get side effects from different brands, types, carriers, and delivery methods. Some get dermatitis from non pore clogging sensitive products. We all are individuals.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 04/05/2018 3:42 pm

I suggest do nothing but good skin care and peels. Anything else introduces unneeded risk and potential for worse scarring.