Notifications
Clear all

PLEASE EVALUATE MY ACNE SCAR PLAN AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/30/2018 8:34 pm

The only thing that dissolves is saline / prp in 3 days!

Sculptra can cause bumps / plaques is some patients. Please be careful. If the skin is thin (scarring) and sculptra is used as a mass volumizer in "one" area bumps can occur. This is why they dilute as a mass filler "not" as a volumizer. Sculptra tends to last a bit longer because of the bovine collagen that is temporary while collagen is stimulated. 

72 hours any filler the swelling can do down. 

This is easy to know what happened, he had filler, it was not enough, (often 10 syringes are used for severe scarring), the swelling caused lumps, edema and swelling went away, and he does not see it. This area temples is very cavernous meaning it can take "a lot" of filler. You have huge hollows here.

No you do not have the worst scars of people on this site. I get contacted by 20 people daily who have horrific scarring, so bad they will not show it in public. You have textural scarring.  This is not a one and done thing, Many spend thousands over 3 years. The body is extremely slow to heal. You don't want to rush. The journey is long. Some are better suited for not doing treatment if they cannot take small incremental improvements, it's psychologically draining. This is why I suggest therapy also be part of the treatment and one treats over time.

Sculptra in your case would be be appropriate as you have widespread textural scarring and the rf microneedling would stimulate it. HA filler in your case does not make since as HA would be too expensive for mass filling and you need the mass-collagen-stimulation.

I remember you did not like the TCA / Phenol Cross Rullan did, and this is the number one treatment for your scar condition. Paint on (multiple times). We are trying to get your scars more level so we can resurface.

Even The Highly Revered Dr Lim coaches / psychologically supports his patients over a year or two of many treatments $$,$$$ to get the beauty shots.

I wish you well, if you feel treatment is not for you and am sorry your discouraged. It's a emotional journey. I have tried to help you through private messaging. 

Bones of the Face | Head and Neck Anatomy | Pinterest | Human skull and Anatomy

Blind to the Risk: 4 Ways to Avoid Blindness from Dermal Fillers  Harley Academy

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/30/2018 10:13 pm

1 hour ago, Amp2695 said:

no I'm sure it was restylane lyft. I grabbed the syringe and inspected it as he left it in the room then left. He used the whole syringe on both temples and cheek bone areas. For the 1st day there was lumps and then after day 3 the lumps went down all the way. but the scars had literally 0-10% improvement.

I don't want to steer this conversation in the wrong direction but, frankly, it doesn't make much sense to see 0% improvement from HA filler. Logically speaking, you should see *some* improvement because where did the filler go? Unless it was dissolved with Hylase, it could not have simply vanished. Our body just cannot absorb the filler that fast (3 days??).

Now, had you received Sculptra instead, then that would be a different story. It would fit completely with your story. Sculptra gets sucked up by the body in 48 hours and you will see 0% improvement once the swelling goes down. Hence my question as to whether you didn't mistakenly confuse Restylane for Sculptra.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/01/2018 5:49 am

The Sculptra had to have been reconstituted 24-48 hours BEFORE your appointment. I don't think he would change the game plan without your consent.

From your description it is most likely because not enough was used. Two temples and 2 cheeks is a large surface area to cover. When you say he injected the cheekbones, do you mean he was trying to lift the cheeks? If so, that means he didn't actually inject the individual scars. It means he might have injected it deep in an attempt to lift the entire cheek area.

Your temple scars look thickened, dense, and so it is hard for filler to stay put. They will extrude and migrate to surrounding areas because of dense scar tissue. It may require more subcisions to truly release all the adhesions.

In your case you don't really have volume loss so if fillers are to be injected, they have to be used superficially. I mentioned this before and suggested Belotero since it can be used more superficially.

I think what happened is simply too little filler was used on too large an area, and injected too deeply.

I completely understand your frustration. Acne scars are extremely tough to treat. It is very technically challenging to inject scars.

This girl is a Rullan patient and she did at least 4 or 5 sessions of fillers (Silikon 1000) AND Juvederm several times. That's alot of filler. One syringe in comparison is not much.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/01/2018 1:03 pm

I suppose not enough was used. Im 100% sure it was restylane lyft. I will email him today and see if he thinks it would be a good idea to get more injected. Do you guys think it is a good idea to get more injected?

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/02/2018 3:59 pm

OP here:

So i emailed dr rullans assistant and had her ask rullan if he thought more filler was good. He pretty much said my best outcome is to keep getting more subcisions down the road, and if i really wanted to to go and get more filler, they would fill the ones that bothered me the most. For now i don't think i want to drive to San diego for the 3rd time again to get filler and perhaps see no diff again. For now i am going to still trust the process and keep going. So I will go and get another cannula subcison around early october w filler, only this time i will do filler here in phoenix with a master injector i found that is in scottsdale.

@beautifulambitionBig question: So my next cannula sub w filler I will do early october. I want to do an derma pen w prp, and a VI peel (since i have a groupon for both already gifted to me) how do i space these out? Keep in mind my last dermapen was may 29th. So i was thinking of getting a derma pen w PRP session around July 26th? and then do the VI peel like around august 14th? and then leave my face alone till october when i do another cannula sub w filler. HELP PLS!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/02/2018 9:23 pm

While this is not a optimal amount of healing time (3-6 months is how long the body takes to heal). You could wait on the peel till after the sub in Oct (sunshine is bad for peeled skin). OR...

Do the prp and microneedling now/Aug.

Aug/Sept Do your peel. Sunscreen.

I agree with Rullan. I would not overly plump with filler now, we need healing time. Incremental. Perhaps next time he can use more product at the time of sub. I think that is a very smart thing to do. Do the filler with the "local" expert injector so if there are any issues you can go in for follow up.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/03/2018 9:42 am

12 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

While this is not a optimal amount of healing time (3-6 months is how long the body takes to heal). You could wait on the peel till after the sub in Oct (sunshine is bad for peeled skin). OR...

Do the prp and microneedling now/Aug.

Aug/Sept Do your peel. Sunscreen.

I agree with Rullan. I would not overly plump with filler now, we need healing time. Incremental. Perhaps next time he can use more product at the time of sub. I think that is a very smart thing to do. Do the filler with the "local" expert injector so if there are any issues you can go in for follow up.

@beautifulambitioncan you explain healing times, i mean sub and filler were underneath the skin yes? Why wait 3- 6 months to get a dermapen or a weak peel? If i had an erbium tjen that would make sense but, i just dont get it.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/03/2018 11:37 pm

13 hours ago, Amp2695 said:

can you explain healing times, i mean sub and filler were underneath the skin yes? Why wait 3- 6 months to get a dermapen or a weak peel? If i had an erbium tjen that would make sense but, i just dont get it.

Have you ever wondered why your scars don't respond well to treatment than others? Could it be because you're dividing up valuable resources that your body would otherwise need in healing one wound into many different wounds? Wound healing is not a simple process that happens overnight. It's an ongoing process that takes time, as in months. This shouldn't come as a surprise since BA and I have reiterated this point many times in the past. More treatments just means more wound sites, which only taxes our body. In the end, you're merely robbing Peter to pay Paul and the result will always be that of mediocrity.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/04/2018 5:07 am

@Amp2695

Collagen / the body takes time to heal. Possibly @Sirius Leecan offer his perspective for this. I re-read what I said above and it seems clear on length of treatments.

Prp is not a basic treatment nor is TCA cross / a vi-peel. A basic treatment would be microneedling alone or a light peel "when the skin is fully healed and had no other healing treatments (your treatments are being compounded)." - The body is not rushed.

@Sirius Lee Gave Good Advice!

This is your journey and ultimately your choice how you do it. I offered 2 sceneiros.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/04/2018 8:57 am

Understood- ill hold off on the microneedling for another time. Ill get the vi peel early august and then wait for my next subcision and fillers mid october.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 07/05/2018 6:02 pm

@Amp2695 post a picture, I want to see first hand how the filler did nothing.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/06/2018 9:58 am

Now that the dust had settled a bit and evened out, i guess it did help a bit but not as much as i tought. 30ish%?? Anyway will take pics sometime next week to upload.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/15/2018 4:20 pm

op here:

ok it has been about 5 weeks since subcision and about 3 weeks since filler. I am comfortable with results, not suuper happy but comfortable. some scars look more plumped up in that harsh overhead lighting. overall scars seem to be on the same plane. I was freaking out a while ago bc of the lumpiness of the filler but that goes away in a few days, it takes like 2 weeks for the filler to settle and plump up if that makes sense. I would say temples got improvement of like 35-45%, overall improvement was like 35-45% which is good considering it is my first official subcision plus filler procedure. My plan is to get a VI peel in about 2 weeks in hopes to fade some hyper pigmentation a bit. i will go back to rullan sometime in october for sub + filler. And probably will do it again in february. and after that will probably wait 4 months to get an erbium or 2. I will post pics sometime this upcoming week. @ChildhoodDreamswhen i post pics up can you do that before and after thing, i tried following directions you sent me to do it myself but i can't figure it out, probably bc i have a mac. idk. thnx.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 07/17/2018 11:44 am

i will post pics after my vi peel. My vi peel will be done august 1.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 08/12/2018 6:00 pm

Op here:

received a vi peel w precision plus boost 6 days ago almost done peeling, ill post pics sometime this month. Planning to prob get another vi peel in a month. And then another subcision w rullan early october.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/12/2018 6:32 pm

My doctor told me Restalyn is a poor filler for acne scars, especially the type that you have. It is too hard and as a result it tends to get pushed out by the scar tissue. He told me Juvederm works best because it's a softer filler. My scars are the same type as yours except they are only on my cheeks. I had Juvederm with him a week ago and my scars are 100% gone.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 08/12/2018 7:27 pm

1 hour ago, Amp2695 said:

Op here:

received a vi peel w precision plus boost 6 days ago almost done peeling, ill post pics sometime this month. Planning to prob get another vi peel in a month. And then another subcision w rullan early october.

We've been waiting a long time for pictures, how do you like your improvements?

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 08/12/2018 8:07 pm

1 hour ago, FromScarredtoFree said:

My doctor told me Restalyn is a poor filler for acne scars, especially the type that you have. It is too hard and as a result it tends to get pushed out by the scar tissue. He told me Juvederm works best because it's a softer filler. My scars are the same type as yours except they are only on my cheeks. I had Juvederm with him a week ago and my scars are 100% gone.

hmmm good to know. i will try juvederm in october after my next subcision. what type of juvederm was it?

40 minutes ago, ChildhoodDreams said:
We've been waiting a long time for pictures, how do you like your improvements?

i know its just that i wanted to get this peel before pictures. MEH i mean filler did help a little bit. I still regret tca cross, and wish the moderators would stop recommending it, The redness is pretty much gone from the cross but i think it made some wider. some days it does seem like they are raising but idk. seriously its too harsh. I would say the filler gave me like 20%ish improvement. idk but I'm feeling good about this peel even tho its just a peel that literally never gets recommended, well see tho. I feel like the subcision also helped except its hard to put in pics bc in my bathroom in the dark w a light n the background i can def see that the subcision did lift some of the harsh scars up quite a decent amount.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/12/2018 8:40 pm

52 minutes ago, Amp2695 said:
hmmm good to know. i will try juvederm in october after my next subcision. what type of juvederm was it? i know its just that i wanted to get this peel before pictures. MEH i mean filler did help a little bit. I still regret tca cross, and wish the moderators would stop recommending it, The redness is pretty much gone from the cross but i think it made some wider. some days it does seem like they are raising but idk. seriously its too harsh. I would say the filler gave me like 20%ish improvement. idk but I'm feeling good about this peel even tho its just a peel that literally never gets recommended, well see tho. I feel like the subcision also helped except its hard to put in pics bc in my bathroom in the dark w a light n the background i can def see that the subcision did lift some of the harsh scars up quite a decent amount.

It was Juvederm XC which I think is just normal Juvederm with numbing in it. My doctor said he only uses Restalyn for lips and eyebags because of how hard it is. I also heard from another doctor that Beletero works well for acne scars because it is soft and injected superficially and this allows it to mold into the shape of the scars. Temples are a harder place to inject though usually. I'm in LA and if you want the name and price of the doctor you can PM me. I'm very happy with what he did with my scars. At first I thought it was swelling but I realized when I woke up today it still looks great. I wish you the best of luck.

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 08/13/2018 4:25 am

8 hours ago, Amp2695 said:
hmmm good to know. i will try juvederm in october after my next subcision. what type of juvederm was it? i know its just that i wanted to get this peel before pictures. MEH i mean filler did help a little bit. I still regret tca cross, and wish the moderators would stop recommending it, The redness is pretty much gone from the cross but i think it made some wider. some days it does seem like they are raising but idk. seriously its too harsh. I would say the filler gave me like 20%ish improvement. idk but I'm feeling good about this peel even tho its just a peel that literally never gets recommended, well see tho. I feel like the subcision also helped except its hard to put in pics bc in my bathroom in the dark w a light n the background i can def see that the subcision did lift some of the harsh scars up quite a decent amount.

Hello.actually if the result of filler is permanent so continue it but if its temporary its not something stay with you forever.
Why dont you try combination therapy ?
I mean in your case I think subcision+co2+prp at the same time or subcision+microneedling+prp maybe gives you good and permanent result.
If you have money and time for downtime of this treatment find a good Derm and try it.
You know I myself find out that sometimes even famous and good doctors cant treat acne scars
if your doctors own treatment plan didnt work and you have to lead him to better treatment plan then your doctor dont know too much about acne scar treatment and you must change your doctor.
try to know all doctors and derms in your country and see which one really know something about treating acne scars and really make huge difference for their acne scar patient.
i know its sometimes hard to find out who is the best but many doctors have sites and instagram pages you can research and find out the best and actually the truth is that sometimes best doctors in tresting acne scars are not the famous ones and you know in treating acne scars your doctor and his or her skill in treating is the key not the treatment itself
becaues a good doctor can gives you best results whit any treatment plan but bad doctors can ruin your face even with best devices and methods.
good luck

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 09/09/2018 10:37 am

Update? Pictures?

Do not be so hesitant, nobody is expecting you to have perfect skin.

Let us see the progress.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 09/12/2018 11:52 am

got a 2nd vi peel today so will have to wait until peeling is done to post pics. i will post pics, its just nursing school has me vvv busy. found a gap to do my vi peel in my hectic schedule.
Also scheduled for my 2nd blunt submission w rullan for NOVEMBER 14.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 10/05/2018 12:28 pm

On 9/12/2018 at 12:52 PM, Amp2695 said:

got a 2nd vi peel today so will have to wait until peeling is done to post pics. i will post pics, its just nursing school has me vvv busy. found a gap to do my vi peel in my hectic schedule.
Also scheduled for my 2nd blunt submission w rullan for NOVEMBER 14.

Pics?@Amp2695

Post them prior to your blunt subcision. I especially want to see.
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 12/03/2018 1:06 pm

Sorry for being away for so long, just finished nursing school and have extremely busy with assignments, clinicals, etc. Planning to get my 2nd subcision with rullan around mid january, will post pics around end of december. sorry guys

Swede_89 liked
MemberMember
(@sabian494)

Posted : 01/06/2024 6:10 pm

@amp2695 No pics posted? Does any one else have experience with vi peel precision plus ? I'm thinking about having sessions of this in combination with the Genius RF microneedling