Notifications
Clear all

PLEASE EVALUATE MY ACNE SCAR PLAN AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/18/2018 10:09 pm

4 hours ago, dazzed said:

Do you plan on more tca cross? If so, then it's pointless to get Vbeam if you're going to do another procedure that makes you red again. In the interest of spending money wisely, you should probably save the vbeam for the last stages of your treatment, or if you know you will be taking a long break from treatment. At $200-500 per session, Vbeam is not cheap.

from the way things are looking Im DEF not getting a tca cross again maybe in 10 years MAYBE. Unless the results start to magically "fill in everyday" as i would constantly read from other posters (which has not been the case for me, not ranting just saying this was not the case for me.) It has been 7 weeks and tca cross spots still pinkish and probably the worst procedure I've done. Hopefully I'm wrong and things start to get exponentially better, but so far tca cross, not as awesome as it is mentioned.

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Of course you don't vascular laser or ipl till you finish treatment unless it bugs you and then some do it progressively

My next procedure is around may 30ish for a subcision w filler, after this i will get a infini tx around mid july (at this point it would have been 5.5 months since being crossed) if after this point the crossed spots are still red would it be smart to get a vbeam? I am def not looking forward to having these spots red pinkish for more than 7 months, in that case i would just get vbeamed, what do you think.

Thanks BA.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/19/2018 8:00 am

@Amp2695You can get vascular laser any time you wish, I know some people who get it a few times during treatments. Others wait to the end to save money. Again you can use concealer also (dermablend or tinted moisturizer) to spot cover also while you wait, many guys do that here.

😉
BA

Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/19/2018 5:37 pm

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@Amp2695You can get vascular laser any time you wish, I know some people who get it a few times during treatments. Others wait to the end to save money. Again you can use concealer also (dermablend or tinted moisturizer) to spot cover also while you wait, many guys do that here.

😉
BA

Thanx BA Im going to look into dermablend, does it make you break out? does it help with the hyperpigmentation healing or would it slow it down?

THNX

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/19/2018 7:09 pm

@Amp2695No breakouts, but I am not your skin, ... your just using this on days you go out and spot treating, not all over. Wash it off at night. Also use the retin a / tretinorin and hydroquinone I recommended above nightly. Emu oil is also good for PIH.

No won't slow it down, as long as the scabs are healed.Do not exfoliate!

BA

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/19/2018 8:07 pm

56 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Do not exfoliate!

even 5 weeks after scabs fell off?

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/21/2018 12:12 pm

OP HERE:

OK so just an update to anyone still reading and following my journey.
I have several appointments made out (for just a consultation to talk about subcision and filler) for may 10th and 11th; they are at 3 diff dermatologists and will be speaking to the surgeon in all 3 cases. I will not set up my actual procedure until june 1st. I just want to go in with a bit more knowledge and hope you guys can chip in as non derms who don't want all my money.

1. i know I have to ask them if they use a nokor, if they don't i shouldn't even bother, correct?
2. I should ask them if they will use cannula on my temple as this is more effective, correct?
3. I should get the subcision, wait about a week and go back in for the filler after swelling calms down, correct?
4. Many people seem to be getting VOLUMA as their filler, a few experts here said i have more superficial scars so maybe ask doc about belotero?

Thanks guys, any other questions should come in with on day of consultation?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/21/2018 1:00 pm

26 minutes ago, Amp2695 said:

1. i know I have to ask them if they use a nokor, if they don't i shouldn't even bother, correct?
2. I should ask them if they will use cannula on my temple as this is more effective, correct?
3. I should get the subcision, wait about a week and go back in for the filler after swelling calms down, correct?
4. Many people seem to be getting VOLUMA as their filler, a few experts here said i have more superficial scars so maybe ask doc about belotero?

Thanks guys, any other questions  should come in with on  day of consultation?

PicsArt_02-12-06.47.13.jpg

1) Yes, NOKOR all the way. But what's even more important is the doc's level of expertise. Ask how many patients he treats on average per month and ask if they could provide before/after pictures. Also ask about the subcision techniques they use.

2) Cannula is not necessarily better, but SAFER due to all the major arteries zigging and zagging in that area. Keep in mind, however, your temple scars are pretty deep. They will likely require many treatments including various modalities like Infini and TCA. One cannular subcision will not be enough. 

3) Yes

4) You're using the filler merely as a spacer to prevent the scars from re-tethering. Since all HA fillers has a shelf-life of 3 months or more, it doesn't matter what you use. At least for now. 

5) Can I date your daughter? >_<

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/21/2018 2:43 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

Keep in mind, however, your temple scars are pretty deep. They will likely require many treatments including various modalities like Infini and TCA. One cannular subcision will not be enough.

Yea I've had 1 intracel and 1 infini so far, I'm doing this sub w filler and then continuing w infini tx down the road later in the yr while filler fades. I did one tca cross and don't know how i feel about it yet. Its been almost 2 months since i did it along w the intracel and I'm still pinkish (although they do seem to be fading sometimes), but still can't tell if it worked or not. (tca cross)

Thnx

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/21/2018 7:30 pm

4 hours ago, Amp2695 said:

I did one tca cross and don't know how i feel about it yet. Its been almost 2 months since i did it along w the intracel and I'm still pinkish (although they do seem to be fading sometimes), but still can't tell if it worked or not. (tca cross)

I can't stress enough that aftercare is just as important as the actual treatment. If you heal poorly following any treatment, obviously you're missing important healing properties in your body. Maybe it's high time you start taking some good ol' vitamins and other supplements.

For instance, did you know Accutane is highly toxic, namely, it has a very high oxidative effect that will not only make you age prematurely but will deteriorate your overall health much faster? Well, are you taking any antioxidants to combat this?

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/21/2018 7:35 pm

1 minute ago, Sirius Lee said:
I can't stress enough that aftercare is just as important as the actual treatment. If you heal poorly following any treatment, obviously you're missing important healing properties in your body. Maybe it's high time you start taking some good ol' vitamins and other supplements.

For instance, did you know Accutane is highly toxic, namely, it has a very high oxidative effect that will not only make you age prematurely but will deteriorate your overall health much faster? Well, are you taking any antioxidants to combat this?

I don't take accutane at the moment, i did back in 2012 for a few months, i take juice plus, and veggie plus pills, vit A, collagen, and multivitamins everyday. For like the last 2 years. My diet is that of a runner, low fat, med carb, only lean proteins, I'm half vegan (lol it sounds dumb but 50% of the time i eat vegan food). The only thing i drink is water (my dad would get pissed if we drank soda as little kids and it stuck. I don't drink milk. I get about 8-9 hrs of sleep daily. Workout and shower right away 5-6 x week. Trust me i take care of my body. Yet it seems to hate me back.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/22/2018 4:57 pm

OP here:

Im a bit at a crossroads when it comes to getting filler then continuing w infini. Many docs on real self say its ok to get filler then to get infini, like A LOT of them say that but there s no specific studies. Davin lim says he has a report coming out soon saying its ok. Just wanted to touch base w some of the vets here on what they think. Ive been reading through a lot of threads where peoples docs say to stay away from micro needling whilst having filler.

Thnx

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/22/2018 7:23 pm

2 hours ago, Amp2695 said:

OP here:

Im a bit at a crossroads when it comes to getting filler then continuing w infini. Many docs on real self say its ok to get filler then to get infini, like A LOT of them say that but there s no specific studies. Davin lim says he has a report coming out soon saying its ok. Just wanted to touch base w some of the vets here on what they think. Ive been reading through a lot of threads where peoples docs say to stay away from micro needling whilst having filler.

Thnx

It all depends on the treatment depth. As far as I know, Infini outperforms its competitors in terms of penetration depth at 3.5 mm. But note that there's absolutely no reason to use this setting on the face.

However, there was a study done on animals(can't recall where I read it) that resulted in increased fibroplasia (new tissue formation) when radiofrequency was used over the existing filler. Hence, why I believe injecting Sculptra prior to Infini is a good thing.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/22/2018 7:46 pm

20 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

But note that there's absolutely no reason to use this setting on the face.

why would they create this setting then?? I was hoping to get this setting for my last tx but idk, 2.5 had me extremely red & swollen for like a week.

And do you know if belotero is a "superficial" acne scar filler? would infini disrupt this one?

Thnx

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/22/2018 8:27 pm

16 minutes ago, Amp2695 said:
why would they create this setting then?? I was hoping to get this setting for my last tx but idk, 2.5 had me extremely red & swollen for like a week.

And do you know if belotero is a "superficial" acne scar filler? would infini disrupt this one?

Thnx

Infini can be used on other parts of the body to treat deep scars (likely much deeper than facial scars) and stretch marks.

From what I'm reading on the web, Belotero has a similar characteristic to Juverderm Volbella. They're made of lower viscosity mainly used for fine lines and wrinkles. As such, they're injected superficially under the skin. This could be problematic for RF treatments. On the other hand, fillers like Sculptra, Radiesse, or Voluma, which are injected deep into the subdermis, should pose no problem.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/24/2018 10:00 am

On 4/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, beautifulambition said:
@Amp2695No breakouts, but I am not your skin, ... your just using this on days you go out and spot treating, not all over. Wash it off at night. Also use the retin a / tretinorin and hydroquinone I recommended above nightly. Emu oil is also good for PIH.

No won't slow it down, as long as the scabs are healed.Do not exfoliate!

BA

Hey BA ,

Some stuff has arisen in my life, like me going back to school this summer to finish my RN program finally. I may need to tweak my scar revision plan, and want your honest opinion on it with no automated responses, here goes bear w me i know I'm annoying but you seem very knowledgeable and is someone who isn't after my money. here goes: (keep in mind the previous procedures i have received, my last RF micro needling was march 30)

early june: Subcision w nokor and then suction (no filler)

mid august: subcision w nokor only this time with a HA filler.

Mid november: Continue w the infini rf tx w pro (would be my 3rd RF micro needling)

Thanx BA

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/24/2018 10:35 am

On 4/22/2018 at 6:27 PM, Sirius Lee said:
Infini can be used on other parts of the body to treat deep scars (likely much deeper than facial scars) and stretch marks.

From what I'm reading on the web, Belotero has a similar characteristic to Juverderm Volbella. They're made of lower viscosity mainly used for fine lines and wrinkles. As such, they're injected superficially under the skin. This could be problematic for RF treatments. On the other hand, fillers like Sculptra, Radiesse, or Voluma, which are injected deep into the subdermis, should pose no problem.

I'm waiting on davin lims report saying that absolutely no fillers are affected by micro needling, he says its being edited currently.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 04/24/2018 4:53 pm

6 hours ago, Amp2695 said:
On 4/22/2018 at 6:27 PM, Sirius Lee said:

I'm waiting on davin lims report saying that absolutely no fillers are affected by micro needling, he says its being edited currently.

I think microneedling is in a different realm than something like RF needles. Microneedling is purely mechanical with no heat element. Unless Dr. Lim is also saying that RF needles don't interfere with fillers.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/24/2018 5:48 pm

@Amp2695You could PM me if you need. Some of this is more personalized... Regarding Infini and Filler. There is a logical fallacy here. You listen to and are enlightened through Dr Lim correct? You trust him as a Acne Scar expert. So logically if he says after thousands of patients a month treating their scars it does not effect filler, what good would his paper do .... you know the outcome, he said it's ok to use. I don't think the action of filler is grasp here ... it's used as a spacer. We are stimulating collagen formation. This is not for massive Volumization. RF micro needling stimulates the action of the body to make more collagen production.
We want the body to absorb it and replace it with natural tissue (spacer). If your practitioner knows his stuff the rf microneedling will not effect the filler, why because of different depths. Filler should be deep derm / just above sub q, and rf mironeedling they should be mid dermis. Sure if you have fat deficiency and the tissues are thinned out rf microneedling might go deeper into the fat, but it is up to the practitioner to know these things. This is where experience is key.

If you have any concerns simply get the filler as you have planned above after you finish your rf micrneedling and it's time for sub again. Many can benefit from the collegen stimulation of rf needling and filler. Dr. Lim uses prp as a spacer and rf needling, some do saline.

Sure your plan seems ok. Since your not doing filler with your first sub you can do it beginning of summer and end.

BA

Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/24/2018 7:13 pm

1 hour ago, dazzed said:
I think microneedling is in a different realm than something like RF needles. Microneedling is purely mechanical with no heat element. Unless Dr. Lim is also saying that RF needles don't interfere with fillers.

When i asked him i did say microneedling rf. He said no filler was affected and he had a report that is now in editing. I communicate w him through youtube literally only way i know how to...sometimes he gives very automated responses tho which makes me thinks if its even him or an assistant helping him manage his youtube channel.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/29/2018 11:19 am

OP Here:

I finally got my "is filler affected by RF micro needling" question answered by Dr davin lim on real self. He says he still has a case study that is being edited, but for now here is his answer if you guys are interested. Let me know what you think please.5ae5f0866de7c_ScreenShot2018-04-29at9_17_33AM.thumb.png.97719a0f84de22f9d110d46a6a7eac1c.png

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/29/2018 5:39 pm

6 hours ago, Amp2695 said:

OP Here:

I finally got my "is filler affected by RF micro needling" question answered by Dr davin lim on real self. He says he still has a case study that is being edited, but for now here is his answer if you guys are interested. Let me know what you think please.

I'm gonna second what BA wrote above. You seem to misunderstand why we suggest you combine filler with Infini. The main objective is NOT volumization. It's collagen stimulation. To circumvent any possible interaction between Infini and filler interaction, both BA and I have also mentioned that Sculptra is a better fit than HA-type fillers. Why? First, Sculptra is not a volumizer like HA fillers. Whereas HA remains under your skin for the entire duration of its purported longevity, Sculptra gets absorbed by the tissue within 48 hours. Hence, there's absolutely no need to even worry whether Infini could hit the filler. There just won't be any to touch. If there's anything, it will hopefuly be a new collagen from Sculptra.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 04/29/2018 6:27 pm

It's not the Sculptra that is absored by the body, it is the saline that it is reconstituted in that dissipates. The Sculptra particles remain lodged in the skin and that is what causes an immune reaction where collagen encapsulates the particles.

OP, thanks for the info. Dr. Lim's answer makes intuitive sense.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/29/2018 9:05 pm

2 hours ago, dazzed said:

It's not the Sculptra that is absored by the body, it is the saline that it is reconstituted in that dissipates. The Sculptra particles remain lodged in the skin and that is what causes an immune reaction where collagen encapsulates the particles.

The point was that there is no need for concern about RF ever hitting Sculptra as it could with other HA filler. But thanks for the clarification.

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 04/30/2018 11:35 pm

Sculptra and infini go well together. Some docs even do them at the same session. Ideally, sculptra should be placed 6 to 8 weeks before rf microneedling for maximum benefits

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/01/2018 6:57 pm

19 hours ago, keving100 said:

Sculptra and infini go well together. Some docs even do them at the same session. Ideally, sculptra should be placed 6 to 8 weeks before rf microneedling for maximum benefits

Is sculpture an HA? one that is injected deep like VOLUMA? What is the diff between sculptura and Voluma?

Thanks man