Notifications
Clear all

skin graft or flap for just one atrophic scar on face

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 03/07/2018 2:49 am

i have seen after mohs surgery doctors put flaps or grafts on that wound and that area heal completely without and difference from surrounding skin..i want to know if it will work for one atrophic scar on face..will that work ?
i am curious to know about this ..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2018 4:59 am

Any time you cut the face there is a chance of more scars. Just because you have seen "some" flap surgeries that look photoshop good does not mean it's a good alternative. It really depends how big the scar is and what type. How you heal and the skill of the Dr. One scar can easily be replaced by another. Good Drs can hide the scars in folds. This takes a plastic surgeon. Your going to need major resurfacing to touch up. If it's a tiny scar it may look fine. Please note there are color and texture differences.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 03/07/2018 5:51 am

i have two chicken pox and one hypertrophic scar on my nose
is there any therapy like stem cells which can heal them completely ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2018 7:13 am

Laser resurfacing can work for that. Depending on the scars, depth and extent. Infini RF has worked for some also on the nose to shrink large pores. Hypertrophic as in ... why haven't you had dilute steroid injected into it?

Another method if this fails is scar revision aka punch excision with sutures and resurfacing.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 03/07/2018 8:32 am

@beautifulambition isnt there any technology to completely remove scars....anyways i am attaching my nose pox scar pic so you can give me more suggestion...IMG_20160422_083204.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2018 12:27 pm

Laser resurfacing with erbium fully ablative on that spot. It's very minor and can be fixed.

Another method if this fails is scar revision aka punch excision with sutures and resurfacing.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 03/07/2018 11:07 pm

but will laser can get rid of that scar completely..its small pox scar and its deep..i tried self needling first it but that made it wider..

@beautifulambition you can see the scar now and there is two mole also on my nose as u can see in pic  i just want these two moles and scars to vanish completely...i also have AMVC and acne scars on my cheek but i just bother about these scar and mole on my nose..any way to completely remove this scar and mole completely..i know there is no option to cometely remove this....ughhh20180308_093647.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/08/2018 4:26 am

You can do laser and soften the edges of the chicken pox scar. It will look a lot better. They can also hit the moles with laser. '

Please consult with a local dermatologist for your options.

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 03/09/2018 9:18 am

I actually think that the scars you're describing would respond really well to punch elevation. The scar on your nose is a perfect circle, which is the best thing if you want to do a punch elevation. I had almost the exact same scar (from chicken pox, too) and I had it elevated - and now you can't even tell there was a scar there!

My acne scars improved as well, but they are irregular, so the results weren't as drastic. And for all the talk of punch elevations failing - I must have had around 60 of those, and not a single one failed.

I definitely think punch elevation is right for you - but make sure to find an experienced dermatologic surgeon.

MemberMember
(@benrich)

Posted : 07/18/2021 11:33 pm

@Anish004have you had any luck repairing the scar? I have a similar scar onmy nose and Im hoping to hear thatothershave had luck with their blemishes. Any advice/tips from your experienceswould be greatly appreciated!!!