Notifications
Clear all

Should I seek treatment immediately for my indented scar or wait it out?

MemberMember
(@dammdamm)

Posted : 03/01/2018 11:23 pm

I traveled like crazy last year, and when I returned to the U.S. after being abroad for quite some time...I broke out like crazy. I've never broken out so much in my life. Thankfully, the breakouts have stopped, but I couldn't suppress the urge to try and "deal" with one of the bad pimples on my cheek... Of course, I was left with an indented scar (around October 2017). I know it may seem very minor compared to others, but I am very pale...so when I'm under certain lighting I get so stressed because it looks like someone stabbed me in the face with the tip of a pencil. I am trying to take care of it, and I've done some research. Many say it may take 12 months to heal completely.

Sure, I can see regular scars healing over time... But, is it even possible for an indented scar to fill itself?... I did some research on acne.org and I found out my scar is tethered (when I pull the skin, it disappears). 

Should I wait 12 months or should I just seek treatment? If so, does anyone think micro rolling would help? 

Also, could someone tell me what kind of scar this is? 
I've been comparing it to all the indented scars, but could not really tell. 

Thank you, in advance!

Here are two pictures of it in different lighting. 

indented scar 1.jpgindented scar.jpg

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 03/02/2018 12:48 am

Microneedling will not help this scar, and rolling is never recommended for the face. You will need subcision to break the tethering, perhaps with filler. You may need 3 treatments of this.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/02/2018 1:44 am

I don't think the scar will change much. It does look tethered, and I think precise subcision and a little filler will fix this.