Notifications
Clear all

Filler for acne scars

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 02/27/2018 9:19 pm

Hey everyone, it's me again.

So after doing lots of thinking I've decided I'm too worried about hyperpigmentation and other problems from TCA peels at home. As you've said, my acne scars are not that severe, and now that I've gotten my skin tone pretty even with tretinoin, I'm hesitant to try TCA cross or peels. That's just right now though, I might change my mind later.

That being said, what is the consensus on fillers? I'm ok with temporary fillers that have to get redone every 6 months to a year. How much improvement can I expect from these types of fillers? Do they work well for icepick and boxcar scars?

Thank you!

20171220_110417.jpg

20171220_123457.jpg

20171224_171149.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/27/2018 9:29 pm

Fillers dont work for icepics, cross does. They can work for some boxcars. I really do think cross would help you, but I understand your fear, ... what about having it professionally done. You will get of bit of redness while healing but you can put makeup over it.

The problem with fillers is if you inject to superficially you can get a bump. Your scars are very shallow. I don't know if your in Europe, but skin boosters or meso might be good for you. With skinboosters they can inject more superficially, they do not last as long as deeper injected fillers. They hydrate and plump the skin.

Salicylic peels would also help you if your skin is oily, to dissolve the sebum in the pores and close some of them up if it was strong enough.

In a case like your microneedling might also help, have you considered the derminator?

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 02/27/2018 9:56 pm

Yes and I still am considering microneedling. When I posted before you guys had said that microneedling won't help me because of my type of scars. I even bought a Dermapen but have only used it once. It's the Dr. Pen A1. You had said that that wasn't a good device.

I'm in the US (Michigan.) I just can't rid myself of my fear of hyperpigmentation after I have worked sooo hard to clear it up. It's been over two years in the making. I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your response. I still might consider filler even if it doesn't help with icepicks. I think my bigger problem is boxcars anyway. I'd be more than thrilled with even 50% temporary improvement from filler ... Do you think I could get that with filler? Which filler would you recommend?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/27/2018 11:06 pm

Nothing wrong with microneedling. I just was saying rf needling is stronger. Needling is great for upkeep, but again you don't have overly severe scars.

Don't know what to tell you about the PIH. That is taken care of after treatment normally. If your susceptible to this it can be treated. Makeup over cross spots, etc...

No filler will not help with icepicks, or small boxcars. Skin boosterswould help a bit. Find a place that does meso injections or something. Very superficial.

Read the filler section in the FAQ - lots of fillers.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/27/2018 11:18 pm

Won't work, you need TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/27/2018 11:35 pm

I think the term filler can be misleading to people. You aren't literally filling the hole. It's place in acne scar treatments is to replace destroyed volume, or used with subcision.

TCA and possibly microneedling are your best options. You can certainly try fillers but I'd hate for you to be disappointed with the results.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 02/27/2018 11:59 pm

what about fat graft ?
i have seen some pleasing results from fat graft on these type of scars

anyway you look beautiful with those scars also...

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/28/2018 5:42 am

You can't fill those at all with filler or fat. Fat would be even worse because you'll get lumps. They're just way too small to be filled. Plus, when you try to fill a scar that is fibrotic, the filler will spread to the area of least pressure, causing a donut around the scar.

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 02/28/2018 8:16 am

Thanks everyone. I will take filler off of my list of possible treatments. If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions, let me know! :)