Notifications
Clear all

Korean Subcision Progress

MemberMember
(@cocochinz)

Posted : 02/19/2018 6:07 am

After going through highschool with a face full of horrible angry red pimples, I've been left with a bunch of tiny indents on my skin (all icepick/ boxcar scars). My acne scars have been bothering me for a couple years now so I thought I'd give subcision a try! I'll try to update this as often as possible so that others can see the results and consider if subcision will work for them or not. IMG_9550.JPGIMG_9549.JPGMy scars a day before the procedure, with a cameo appearance of a nasty whitehead. The scars aren't huge but are scattered around my cheek areas, making them look rough instead of smooth.

IMG_9612.JPGIMG_9611.JPG
Day 1: A few hours after the subcision and extraction. The subcision was a bit painful at first because the doctor didn't wait for the local anesthesia to kick in. He just jabbed in a couple shots and went straight to the subcising. They put a bunch of hydrocolloid patches on the needled areas and instructed me to take them off tomorrow afternoon. As you can see, there is minor bruising and swelling as well as red marks from the extraction they did before the subcision. 

ScarRight liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/19/2018 7:51 am

Are you going to suction?
:)

MemberMember
(@cocochinz)

Posted : 02/23/2018 12:09 am

I haven't suctioned, for some reason the  doctor did not advise it! :(

Two days after the subcision: Lots of redness and greenish bruising. I was initially very worried that I'd be left with a lot of hyperpigmentation. IMG_9623.JPGIMG_9624.JPG

Four days after the subcision: A lot of the bruising has subsided but I'm still unable to tell whether my scars have drastically improved because of redness. I'm not sure why but a few small pimples have popped up in the areas where my skin was punctured..! But I believe that it'll look a lot better after one more week. 
IMG_9640.JPGIMG_9641.JPG

seattlegal90, Binga, dazzed and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/23/2018 12:57 am

A big thank you for keeping us updated. Fingers cross the results will be great.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/23/2018 5:27 am

No suction? results might not be as good as they could have been maybe?
:)

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/23/2018 10:32 am

Thank you for the updates. Will definitely be following this.

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 02/24/2018 1:35 am

was yours done using Co2 gas?

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 02/24/2018 4:20 pm

You are doing well. For those who are not familiar with this picture, its one of focal subcision- with many entry points. Probably with Nokor, or similar instrument. Your recovery at day 4 with that amount of bruising is minimal. Multilevel extensive NOKOR subcision will cause bruising for over one week. Your skin is still swollen - your results will be evident 10 days -14 days after the procedure. Take photos with angled lighting, (I'm sure you have before photos) re post with afters - try to get the same positioning. Never subjectively make a judgement, use photos to make an informed objective opinion. Stay positive, as things are looking good.

I stand corrected. Good work with the before photos. Repost 2 weeks after .. Hang in there

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 03/23/2018 1:49 pm

`