Notifications
Clear all

Fraxel with CO2

MemberMember
(@ashamed2death)

Posted : 02/17/2018 7:25 pm

I got sunpoisiong on my face a few years ago . It was bad...very very bad ! It has left me with scars , hyper and hypo pigmentation, melasma, icepick scars , boxcar scars and these awful looking white circles where the little blisters were underneath the huge blisters . I've finally saved up enough money to have work done on my face. I've consulted my regular dermatologist 's office but they won't show me any before and after pics of folks they've worked on for privacy reasons. Needless to say, I'm gonna get a few more consultations elsewhere. I'm wondering if any of you have ever had fraxel laser done with CO2. What are your experiences? I just do not want to come out looking worse than I already do. Btw , they said it would take at least at least TWO fraxel treatments WITHOUT CO2 , but for $200 more I could have it with CO2 and it could probably be knocked out with ONE treatment and would actually be done by a board certified plastic surgeon instead of just an esthetician. I'd rather bite the bullet and get someone who's more skilled and knock it out with one treatment hopefully. I would appreciate your feedback. I've never done drugs but I feel like I look a person on meth without makeup on... heck , even with makeup on is not so good if I'm being honest. Thank you for your feedback...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/17/2018 7:29 pm

So you should post in scars if you got scars?
:)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/18/2018 3:15 am

7 hours ago, ashamed2death said:

I got sunpoisiong on my face a few years ago . It was bad...very very bad ! It has left me with scars , hyper and hypo pigmentation, melasma, icepick scars , boxcar scars and these awful looking white circles where the little blisters were underneath the huge blisters . I've finally saved up enough money to have work done on my face. I've consulted my regular dermatologist 's office but they won't show me any before and after pics of folks they've worked on for privacy reasons. Needless to say, I'm gonna get a few more consultations elsewhere. I'm wondering if any of you have ever had fraxel laser done with CO2. What are your experiences? I just do not want to come out looking worse than I already do. Btw , they said it would take at least at least TWO fraxel treatments WITHOUT CO2 , but for $200 more I could have it with CO2 and it could probably be knocked out with ONE treatment and would actually be done by a board certified plastic surgeon instead of just an esthetician. I'd rather bite the bullet and get someone who's more skilled and knock it out with one treatment hopefully. I would appreciate your feedback. I've never done drugs but I feel like I look a person on meth without makeup on... heck , even with makeup on is not so good if I'm being honest. Thank you for your feedback...

We first need to see the actual scars before jumping to any conclusion. However, you should note that Fraxel is a fractional CO2 laser, only it's nonablative. You should educate yourself on the various types of lasers on the market, including erbium vs co2, ablative vs nonablative, etc. Hopefully this will help you avoid any unscrupulous derms/PS or estheticians.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 02/18/2018 3:27 am

7 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:
We first need to see the actual scars before jumping to any conclusion. However, you should note that Fraxel is a fractional CO2 laser, only it's nonablative. You should educate yourself on the various types of lasers on the market, including erbium vs co2, ablative vs nonablative, etc. Hopefully this will help you avoid any unscrupulous derms/PS or estheticians.

This is incorrect information. A nonablative co2 laser does not exist, all co2 lasers are ablative.
Fraxel is a brand name. They make both a non ablative(fraxel: restore) and an ablative laser (fraxel: repair, which is a co2 laser),

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/18/2018 12:51 pm

Fraxel has many types of lasers. Saying Fraxel is meaningless without specifying the type.

Key Points:
1. Fraxel - a brand name and not a type of laser
2. Co2 lasers are ALWAYS ablative, which can be fully ablative (removes entire layer) orfractionally ablative (removes pinpoints of skin)
3. Fraxel Repair is the name for Fraxel's co2 laser, it is a fractionally ablative laser
4. Fraxel Dual is a nonablative laser using the 1550/1927 wavelengths (do not remove skin)
5. Fraxel Refine is a very mild laser for pigmented lesions

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2018 1:50 pm

Dr Lim always describes things so much better!

I got what you meant Sirus (the difference between "fully" and fractional). Fraxel is fractional by design (tips). Few Drs do fully ablative (Er or Co2) laser anymore, research the 80s-90s and CO2 and find out why 😉 When Dr Lim says "override mode" he is one of the few Drs in the world who overrides default settings doing the laser "fully" ablative or high energy low density.

Source: Fraxel.com

TECHNICAL SPECS

Over a decade of innovation and over 20 patents go into every Fraxel system. Some key components, capabilities and comparisons include:

re:pair

[Media removed]

Delivery System

CO2fractional laser

Mode of Action

Ablative

Depth of Penetration

Up to 1.6 mm (1600 m)

Wavelength

10,600 nm

Energy

Up to 70 mJ (per MTZ)

Handpiece Technology

FMDATM 600 micron (superficial treatments)

FDDATM 135 micron (deep treatments)

0.2 mm Surgical Incisional handpiece

2.0 mm Surgical Ablative handpiece

DUAL 1550/1927

[Media removed]

Delivery System

Laser with Zimmer Cryo 6 Skin Cooling System

Mode of Action

Non-Ablative

Depth of Penetration

Up to 1.4 mm (1400m) and approx. 0.23 mm (230m)

Wavelength

1550 nm and 1927nm

Energy

Up to 70 mJ (1550 nm) per MTZ and 20mJ (1927nm) per MTZ

Handpiece Technology

Intelligent Optical Tracking System (IOTS) Single operator cooling