Notifications
Clear all

Help getting started with derma stamp

MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/17/2018 6:19 pm

Hi.

I want to start using derma stamp for my acne scars.

I'm considering to buy from this link: Removed

Can someone who have done stamping before and have had good results help me set up a routine?

What mm should I use and how often?
Should I apply any topical pre/post treatment?

What results should I expect?

The scars are located on my cheeks. Never mind the pimple :P
And sorry for the disturbing photo

IMG_7255.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/17/2018 7:37 pm

Someone might say differently to me but i wouldnt suggest stamping while you got a beard.you can go ahead but what is under there? I cant see anything bar hair.

stamping aline will do very little in very tiny amounts on its own,we usualy combine needling with alternating therapies of different kind,like peeling.

if you got acne scarring and you want to sort it,get rid of it you gonna have to lose your beard.

whats under it,i think i see shadows near the beard line but in the beard so indicates rolling scars?needling can only do so much.moderate to severe rling scars should realy be treated with subcision.

needling at home can make scars worse and if you say bought rf microneedling treatment,i think they will say you need shave.
:)

MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/17/2018 10:42 pm

2 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Someone might say differently to me but i wouldnt suggest stamping while you got a beard.you can go ahead but what is under there? I cant see anything bar hair.

stamping aline will do very little in very tiny amounts on its own,we usualy combine needling with alternating therapies of different kind,like peeling.

if you got acne scarring and you want to sort it,get rid of it you gonna have to lose your beard.

whats under it,i think i see shadows near the beard line but in the beard so indicates rolling scars?needling can only do so much.moderate to severe rling scars should realy be treated with subcision.

needling at home can make scars worse and if you say bought rf microneedling treatment,i think they will say you need shave.
:)

Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem shaving my beard. I took two more pictures under direct light.

IMG_0391.JPGIMG_4107.JPG

Here its much easier too se the scars. 

I think its like you said, my scars are too severe for stamping to have any effect. 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2018 1:36 am

You need subcision and filler, microneedling will not fix tethered scarring. Please see the FAQ for more info on subcision. If your intent on microneedling checkout the FAQ under microneedling / dermiator, ... click the link. This will not fix tethered scars again that needs sub and filler.

[Media removed]

mangekyou liked
MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/18/2018 8:10 pm

On 2/18/2018 at 1:36 AM, beautifulambition said:

You need subcision and filler, microneedling will not fix tethered scarring. Please see the FAQ for more info on subcision. If your intent on microneedling checkout the FAQ under microneedling / dermiator, ... click the link. This will not fix tethered scars again that needs sub and filler.

[Media removed]

I have done some simple research on subcision and I feel optimistic about it. Ive done fraxel before but with no improvement, I think it actually did more harm than good.

For the first time, I feel that maybe there is a solution for my scars, I really hope subcision will work for me, I hate these scars and I want them gone

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/19/2018 12:31 pm

You honestly look like the ideal candidate for subcision + fillers.

mangekyou liked
MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/19/2018 2:55 pm

2 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

You honestly look like the ideal candidate for subcision + fillers.

Unfortunately they dont do subcision in Norway so I have to find a decent doctor not so far from here. I think the best option when it comes to hotel stay and flight fare is London. I have no idea if there are any good doctors that do Sub in London or UK in general.

And btw. By ideal candidate, do you mean that I will most likely see great improvements from Sub or just that I have too severe scars for other treatments?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2018 2:57 pm

They do subcision in Denmark across from your country or the UK see the FAQ, bottoms for recs.

[Media removed]

mangekyou liked
MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/19/2018 4:22 pm

On 2/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, beautifulambition said:

They do subcision in Denmark across from your country or the UK see the FAQ, bottoms for recs.

[Media removed]

Thanks. Ill check it out

MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/19/2018 4:38 pm

On 2/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, beautifulambition said:

[Media removed]

I think Im going to see Dr Henningsen in Denmark. The prices are a bit high but its definitely worth it if It works for my scars, but is it permanent or do I have to do subs and fillers for the rest of my life?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/19/2018 7:11 pm

@mangekyou Your scars are far from severe. Fortunately it looks like you only have a few and they look tethered. I'm far from an expert but from everything I have seen over the last few years it looks like these scars would be absolutely perfect for subcision + filler. I'm sure others with more experience can chime in.

mangekyou liked
MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/21/2018 12:55 pm

On 20.2.2018 at 1:11 AM, thepwhisp said:
@mangekyou Your scars are far from severe. Fortunately it looks like you only have a few and they look tethered. I'm far from an expert but from everything I have seen over the last few years it looks like these scars would be absolutely perfect for subcision + filler. I'm sure others with more experience can chime in.

I dont know what a tethered scar is but I am definitely going to try subcison + fillers. The only problem is that they dont do subcision in my country. The closest countries where they do subcision is either Denmark or UK. There is a doctor in Denmark that does subcision and fillers but I'm not so sure about his work and he's also very expensive. Everybody seems to recommend Dr Chu in London. The price is affordable and plane tickets to UK and back costs lest than 50 dollars. Only downside is that he doesn't do subcision in combination with fillers. @beautifulambition What do you suggest?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/21/2018 1:05 pm

@mangekyouThis is a really popular question lately... This is from another response and it will help answer your question. I would get the prp with Chu and follow the below.

As long as its not tethered you can goto 2 different Drs / or Nurse Med Spa - after Sub. What if the doctor does not provide filler, or the doctor is too expensive for filler, or he's not that good of a injector. You then can goto a second provider, re - tethering is different for everyone. Italso can be bad to inject someone with alot of swelling, ... why might you ask. They cannot see where to place the filler and many get bumps because the doctor cannot just how much you need - especially those with thinner skin. Hence this goes hand in hand with my advice, wait till the swelling goes down and get injected. Lim can inject under swelling & he also can subcise - does both. Many even good doctors cannot. Once the swelling goes down a bit then you inject (does not need to be fully gone). You know where the scars are you want filled. Of course one provider is better but many have various reasons why that's not possible or are traveling far distances. Doctors can subcise where you have been filled if you doughnut during another session.
mangekyou liked