Notifications
Clear all

Severe acne scars have ruined my life

MemberMember
(@rickshaw-2020)

Posted : 03/11/2020 6:19 am

@Paranoid98Hey brother, I know this is a little late. Here's my thoughts on this.

A little bout me, I did fraxel dual NON-ABLATIVE laser on my rolling and boxcar scars before, and it really didn't help much.

Before you listen to others over here, you must understand that most of them aren't dermatologist that are acne scar experts. Good guidance but everybodies experience is different so take it with a grain of salt.

I realize from my mistake from my failed laser session is that the dermatologist experience and expertise is extremely important. You need to talk to an acne scar expert dermatologist. Not just any dermatologist.

Few recommendationss:

• Dr. Davin Lim from Melbourne.
  • Dr. Steven Weiner, Dr. Jason Emer, Dr. Sandra Lee from United States.
  • From Singapore unfortunately there's only one - Professor Goh Chee Leok from National Skin Center.

Not saying every other dermatologist sucks but I just don't know them.

You're clearly asian but I don't know where you're from.

Unfortunately most dermatologist are shit at acne scars and there are only a handful who truly know what they are doing.

So before you listen to others that say lasers do not work, you should take it with a grain of salt as they may have shitty dermatologist who are specializedin other types of skin conditions but the doctors obviously won't tell them. Happened to me.

This is a paper that Dr. Davin Lim wrote:

https://www.dermcoll.edu.au/atoz/acne-scars-acne-scarring-2/

I found it really helpful.

Not all lasers are the same. Non-ablative lasers are shit for boxcar scarring.

Listen to what Dr. Devin has to say. Don't give up hope. Of course our skin won't become perfect but I think a significant improvement can be achieved if you visit the right doctor who actually knows the hell they are doing.

But understand it will be very expensive.

So have hope, dream, learn, work your ass off and get your scars handled.

P.S. Acne scarring can't be solvedwitha one size fits all solution. Each type of scars must be handled differently, and only an acne scar expert can help you with that.

Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@markjsatergmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2020 1:13 am

Look at my page i have very similar scars to you! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 03/17/2020 2:41 am

On 3/11/2020 at 4:19 AM, Rickshaw 2020 said:

@Paranoid98Hey brother, I know this is a little late. Here's my thoughts on this.

A little bout me, I did fraxel dual NON-ABLATIVE laser on my rolling and boxcar scars before, and it really didn't help much.

Before you listen to others over here, you must understand that most of them aren't dermatologist that are acne scar experts. Good guidance but everybodies experience is different so take it with a grain of salt.

I realize from my mistake from my failed laser session is that the dermatologist experience and expertise is extremely important. You need to talk to an acne scar expert dermatologist. Not just any dermatologist.

Few recommendationss:

• Dr. Davin Lim from Melbourne.
  • Dr. Steven Weiner, Dr. Jason Emer, Dr. Sandra Lee from United States.
  • From Singapore unfortunately there's only one - Professor Goh Chee Leok from National Skin Center.

Not saying every other dermatologist sucks but I just don't know them.

You're clearly asian but I don't know where you're from.

Unfortunately most dermatologist are shit at acne scars and there are only a handful who truly know what they are doing.

So before you listen to others that say lasers do not work, you should take it with a grain of salt as they may have shitty dermatologist who are specializedin other types of skin conditions but the doctors obviously won't tell them. Happened to me.

This is a paper that Dr. Davin Lim wrote:

https://www.dermcoll.edu.au/atoz/acne-scars-acne-scarring-2/

I found it really helpful.

Not all lasers are the same. Non-ablative lasers are shit for boxcar scarring.

Listen to what Dr. Devin has to say. Don't give up hope. Of course our skin won't become perfect but I think a significant improvement can be achieved if you visit the right doctor who actually knows the hell they are doing.

But understand it will be very expensive.

So have hope, dream, learn, work your ass off and get your scars handled.

P.S. Acne scarring can't be solvedwitha one size fits all solution. Each type of scars must be handled differently, and only an acne scar expert can help you with that.

Hope this helps.

So your first ever post is to "recommend" these doctors on an old thread? Jason Emer is the worst. Overcharges an insane amount of money and has made acne scars worse on many people. He's a fraud in my opinion. Sandra Lee pops pimples and have never heard of her being an expert with acne scars. Btw, do you work for Jason Emer?

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 03/18/2020 5:17 pm

On 3/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, dodgerguy said:

So your first ever post is to "recommend" these doctors on an old thread? Jason Emer is the worst. Overcharges an insane amount of money and has made acne scars worse on many people. He's a fraud in my opinion. Sandra Lee pops pimples and have never heard of her being an expert with acne scars. Btw, do you work for Jason Emer?

Hey, @dodgerguy can you possibly refer me to any links, post or whatever where Emer botched peoples skin?

Thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 03/19/2020 12:39 am

7 hours ago, SaraTheGerman said:

Hey, @dodgerguy can you possibly refer me to any links, post or whatever where Emer botched peoples skin?

Thank you very much.

Yelp and realself has many negative reviews, and the positive reviews are mostly from people who were given gift cards by Emer to write those.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/19/2020 6:14 pm

Emer has a ton of so obviously fake ass reviews written by his staff its laughable. Actually RealSelf nowadays is full of fake reviews and yet they do nothing about them. I would take everything I read there with a grain of salt.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 03/19/2020 10:10 pm

3 hours ago, dazzed said:

Emer has a ton of so obviously fake ass reviews written by his staff its laughable. Actually RealSelf nowadays is full of fake reviews and yet they do nothing about them. I would take everything I read there with a grain of salt.

I stopped to read realself reviews long time ago, a lotof reviews are really funny, it goes like this :

What a sweetheart Dr. ..... is, my acne scars are completly gone in just a few treatments, my life has completly changed, i cannot thank u enough, if u wanna get rid of your scars go to Dr ......, its copy and paste :-))))

MemberMember
(@kitsliv45)

Posted : 03/20/2020 12:21 pm

I have also read numerous negative reviews about Dr. Emer saying that he's expensive and messed up people's skin

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 07/14/2020 3:21 pm

On 2/12/2019 at 6:39 PM, KeithV said:

Hi there, my acne scar is more severe than you. I have scar on my forehead too. I understood completely what you feel.

I've had a number of sessions of fractional laser (deep FX), microneedling, derma stamp and even fat grafting. I think you can avoid all of these as they only bring maybe around 0.1% improvement after years which is obviously not cost effective. You will look better after the treatment because of the swelling effects. But ultimately they are useless on severe scarring. They may help on mild scarring but not our skin. Don't waste your money on them.

I would suggest you to do Subcision. Subcision really helps a lot and the improvement is significant enough to earn praises from others that your skin gets better than before! This is the only treatment that I don't feel I am wasting money. You will have a very bruised face for around 1 week but good result.

Forget all about the lasers unless the derms are really skilled at them. Otherwise, what you get is just very swollen and bloody face for 1 week but 0.1% improvements after months. It's just not worth the money and the downtime.

Dermarolling and stamping won't help our skin at all. I've had more than 10 sessions of 2.5mm. Bloody and swollen face for 2 days and no results.

I use Retin A every night now so that the pore looks smaller and use silicone primer so that the scar looks smoother. It's better to spend the money on Subcision and those products to hide the scar instead.

Damn 1 month ago i got dermapen from china and i was very hopeful :(

MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 07/18/2020 2:59 pm

I feel your pain, I have also suffered from acne scars and I know how bad it feels. You are brave for reaching out for support and solutions. Luckily you are young and capable of healing well. You will need multiple subcision treatments with at least 3-6 months of healing in between, but I™m confident you can see substantial improvement with several procedures over a period of long time (at least several years dedicated to scar treatment.) Save up and go to one of the top acne experts to get subcision and/or CROSS, microneedling, etc. Over time things will get better. My scars were moderate but now they™re mild thanks to just one treatment :) it will take multiple for yours to improve to a mild stage, and probably many years, but it is possible and you still have the rest of your life to look forward to. Don™t give up!

MemberMember
(@bdishman2022mountvernonschool-org)

Posted : 04/24/2022 3:04 am

Dermalmd Scar Serum truly does minimize scars. Not just new scars, but old scars as well. I took a fall and had stitches in my face. I was considering cosmetic surgery to hide the scar. I tried Dermalmd and the scar is almost invisible. I tried it on some older scars as well and had significant results. Worth every penny.