Notifications
Clear all

Does anybody know of any good doctors in the Boston area?

MemberMember
(@observantjeep)

Posted : 01/06/2018 11:38 am

I was looking through the list BA put up but I didn't see any. If any one has any experience getting, or knows any doctors who perform subcision, TCA cross, or infini etc. in or around Boston and have a good reputation I would love to hear about them. I feel like there should be at least a few with such a large medical community but I'm having trouble finding anything. Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/06/2018 8:28 pm

Don't know anyone in Boston, that we have experience with. Many people travel for a treatment, but I know that is not always a option. Call around see who does subcision. Infini can be done seprately at a med spa, derm, or plastic. Many plastic surgeons do subcision if you explain it, ... IT's part of a face lift. But this is uncharted territory 😉

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/07/2018 4:48 am

@ObservantJeep I have made a LOT of calls and am in a similar boat. I haven't hit Boston too hard directly but have hit most places on google that say they do subcision within like 40 miles of Boston. I bet if you dig you will find a few that perform subcision regularly though. Infini will be very easy to find. Each place I called about subcision didn't leave me with a massive amount of confidence. There were a lot of places that do it, but it didn't sound like it was an every day thing. IIRC one of the hospitals does it and I think one of the colleges. If you make some phone calls I would love for you to update on here as I would definitely be interested in some local doctors. I think this guy takes pride in his work but is a bit on the pricier side (couldn't be more expensive than Boston though) Doctor Enzer [Link Removed]

. When I called the receptionist she said subcision is one of the things that he is very well known for. That in itself gave me confidence.Half the places I called it sounded like they will do it but not regularly. I plan on making a trip down to Novick in NYC. If there was someone closer who I was confident in I would definitely reconsider. When I spoke to him on the phone he personally told me that he's done like 100,000 subcisions or something like that. Might be worth the trip IMO seeing as you will be in good hands. Fortunately my brother lives right nearby so I can spend a night or two at his place.

MemberMember
(@observantjeep)

Posted : 01/07/2018 11:48 am

@thepwhispI can't believe it's so difficult to find a doctor in Boston of all places lol. That doctor in Providence looks like a great find though, thanks for sharing. I'm south of Boston anyway so a trip to Providence would be less than an hour on a good day, which isn't too bad, still not ideal though. I also found this place with a quick google search, I haven't called or anything but their website seems promising. Skin Care Physicians [Link Removed]I'll try to keep you updated whatever I do. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/08/2018 9:17 am

@ObservantJeep Exactly. I think the big money is in the plastic surgery or other similar practices. Was sort of shocked that there was nothing stand out in probably what is one of the medical hubs of the world. If I remember correctly I called skincarephysicians and (I think) Dr. Dover was the head doctor/owner if my memory serves me right. The lady I spoke to was telling me how I could speak to DR Dover but she doesn't think they perform subcision too often. I think she tried selling me on lasers or something similar. She gave me the typical "the doctor would have to see you would you like to make an appointment". It didn't leave me with a huge amount of confidence. Would definitely be worth calling again though just to be sure since it was a while back when I called and my memory is a bit foggy. When I called Enzers office the lady at the front desk specifically said subcision is what he is known for. I think he does something called fasula acne scar treatment or something. Please do keep me updated. I'll check back occasionally as well. Sort of sucks there isn't a "go to " doctor in Boston.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/08/2018 9:34 am

South Coast Dermatology and Cosmetic Center [Link Removed]