Notifications
Clear all

Ice pick scars after accutane

MemberMember
(@sky329)

Posted : 01/04/2018 9:19 am

I have significant ice pick scars on my face after years of deep cystic acne and ingrown hairs.. laser hair removal and  accutane have got this under control but I™m left with deep pits.. 

63466DAB-C8D6-4606-BC5C-8AEAF084BB12.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/04/2018 9:32 am

Although pic is blurred tca cross is the correct treatment whether its done at home or by a pro in a surgery.
:)

MemberMember
(@sky329)

Posted : 01/04/2018 9:33 am

Just now, Quadboy said:

Although pic is blurred tca cross is the correct treatment whether its done at home or by a pro in a surgery.
:)

How dangerous is that and can it cause hyper pigmentation 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2018 7:17 pm

Yes your skin type can hyperpigment very easily. Goto a derm who is nearby.

You need subcision for your pits with filler.

RF Microneedling (3 treatments - ie. infini) works for your skin type.

Peels, goto someone familiar with your skin type to do these, or you will hyperpigment. I would not do DIY. Some peels and lasers are appropriate as a substitution at lower settings. Erbium, etc... This is for the skin texture. You just treat 3 weeks before with hydroquinone and retin a aka tretinorin to avoid pigment issues, also after you heal.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/05/2018 12:53 am

15 hours ago, Sky329 said:

How dangerous is that and can it cause hyper pigmentation

Everything is intimidating at first, but ya gotta have balls. Otherwise, you're never going to divorce your lovely scars. There is a ton of YouTube tutorials on TCA Cross. Start out by applying a low concentration to one or two scars. Then increase the strength as you get better and spread it out to the rest of your face. Fortunately, icepick scars are the easiest to treat now, thanks to TCA Cross. Once the pits are filled, then get a erbium laser to even out any surface irregularity.

Lastly, every treatment comes with a risk, including hyperpigmentation. Sometimes ya gotta make sacrifice in order to gain something better.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 01/05/2018 2:48 am

`