Notifications
Clear all

Dermastamp vs Intracel

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 11/30/2017 2:54 pm

Hi,

what type of scars are this and would RF Microneedling be more effektive than Dermastamping? I've stamped 3 times so far but got no really visible improvment (only a small maybe). Would Intracel more effektive for that type of scars? Thanks.

DSC_0064_5.JPG

DSC_0069_5.JPG

DSC_0068_5.JPG

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/30/2017 5:38 pm

Your scars look a little deep for derma stamping. I think an RF microneedling device like Intracel would be a good call.

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 11/30/2017 5:52 pm

But what's the difference between this two procedures expect for the heating? How could Intracel with 2mm reach something when a dermastamp (1,5mm) can't reach the scar?

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/30/2017 5:56 pm

What's the difference besides the heating? Um, not much I think. The RF heat is necessary to help break up the scar tissue.

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 11/30/2017 6:02 pm

So I don't understand why it should work better than regular derma stamping :D Has anyone here experience with that? 

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/30/2017 6:24 pm

27 minutes ago, Claus Young said:

So I don't understand why it should work better than regular derma stamping :D

Because heat breaks up collagen.

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 11/30/2017 6:40 pm

Thanks for this informative video :) So you think it's worth to try 2-3 Intracel treatments for me? 

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/30/2017 6:48 pm

I would wait for some of our more knowledgeable members to swing in here, but I'm leaning towards yes.

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 11/30/2017 7:14 pm

Okay than I am curious what other members here will say :D

Petsme liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/30/2017 8:59 pm

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/01/2017 4:55 am

@Sirius Lee
Did your scars look like that? Should I give Intracel a try? 

_20171201_105318.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

_20171201_130526.JPG

_20171201_130545.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/01/2017 11:01 am

Intracel is great, this is very popular in other countries than the USA, it was the original. Not Infini. Why does everyone say Infini - simple marketing budget. They do the same thing insulated needling RF. Intracel has a stronger motor in the head than infini. Yes do Intracel, but if you have Infini for others reading this do that too. IT does not matter. Wait 3 months in between, this is how long collagen takes to develop. You will need TCA peels afterwards for the surface texture, learn how to do this DIY if your Dr or Med spa are to much in the faq- first post in the scar sub, tca section and link with all the info.

Why does microneedling not equal rf microneedling, ... cell destruction energy spread, but the epidermis is protected unlike laser. (Think of it this way, a microwave cooks quicker than a stove right, why might this be.... energy is put to the inside of the item). The body through it's healing process replaces tissues. Microneedling is great, it's very slow (years) and you must do it with TCA peels to get results. But RF micro speeds up the process of collagen replacement while protecting the epidermis.

Protocol.

3 Intracel treatments,
Subcision if you have any pits over a pencil eraser in depth, you need 3
Several Medium strength TCA peels for texture, or a strong sedated tca peel by a DR.
People do this over years as they have down time.

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/01/2017 12:04 pm

Thank you very much, you sound like an expert :D Do you think my scarring is severe and could I get a good improvment? Some day I don't even notice my scars but in some lighting I just want to run away and could cry like hell :D My girlfriend doesn't disturb my scars luckily :) But I want to get rid of them. Do you think I have ice pick, boxscar or rolling scars? 
PS: What do you mean with pencil eraser? Don't got it, I'm no native speaker :P 

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/01/2017 2:50 pm

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/01/2017 4:05 pm

@Claus YoungYes you can get great improvement, treat over time. collagen takes 3 months, alternate your intracel and subcision treatments. This can happen over 3 years, when you have time and $$$$. Then do your TCA for texture.

Scars: Mainly Rolling, some box cars, a few icepicks. You main concern is textural (They are not overly deep). I see great improvement for you if you allow healing and the procedures which do have some down time.

Please read the FAQ - top of the acne scar sub, which has a ton of info, especially the TCA section on peels if you'll do them DIY

Pencil eraser is for reference. You know on the tip of a pencil there is a eraser.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/01/2017 5:37 pm

Intracel is not so expensive here in Europe (round about 356 US dollar per treatment). Should I also use fillers or only subcision?

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/02/2017 5:03 am

Could Intracel also help for rolling scars or only boxcar?

MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 12/02/2017 8:22 am

20 hours ago, Claus Young said:

PS: What do you mean with pencil eraser?

eraser (US English) = rubber (British English)
In the pic BA posted, it's the pink part.
It's about 1/2 cm, but "pencil eraser" is an easy way for people to picture how deep he's talking about.

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 12/02/2017 8:31 am

his scarring is so superficial, apart from two deeper spots i see only light textural issues as BA mentioned. so i'm just curious: what would do a stronger tca peel alone in this case? without the subcision and infini.

MemberMember
(@eekman)

Posted : 12/02/2017 2:10 pm

20 hours ago, Claus Young said:

Intracel is not so expensive here in Europe (round about 356 US dollar per treatment). Should I also use fillers or only subcision?

Hi, can you tell me in which city the clinic is located and maybe doctors name? I want to have Intracel treatment too, but there is none available in my home country, Lithuania.. Thanks..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/02/2017 2:35 pm

5 hours ago, CoconutRough said:

his scarring is so superficial, apart from two deeper spots i see only light textural issues as BA mentioned. so i'm just curious: what would do a stronger tca peel alone in this case? without the subcision and infini.

Tca peel is mainly for smaller ice pick and scarred pores,some boxcar can be treated but boxcar are stubborn.correct treatment for boxcar would be subsicion as its tethered,so strong tca peel would bring change to boxcar but its not correct treatment in this case.collagen stimulating invasive treatment can lift/plumpboxcar.

so tca alone wont do a great deal unless the op has lots of scarred pores,it can bring some improvement over time to the boxcar but wrong therapy,invasive treatment required for boxcar.
:)

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/02/2017 7:38 pm

On 12/2/2017 at 2:10 PM, eekman said:
On 12/1/2017 at 5:37 PM, Claus Young said:

Hi, can you tell me in which city the clinic is located and maybe doctor™s name? I want to have Intracel treatment too, but there is none available in my home country, Lithuania.. Thanks..

Of course. It's in Munich (Germany) and the doctor is called Hans Ulrich Voigt :D

I have also wrote Dr. Davin Lim on realself and he assessed my scarring as a Grade 4?

Can't believe it , always thought it's rather mild :D That's what he wrote :
Depending on your downtime I start with subcision filler. In Australia, if you have Grade 4 scars as defined by the Goodman-Baron scale, subcision is partially covered by medicare. You also have multiple linear scars- these can be improved with subcision, RF microneedling as well as various laser procedures. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Have i maybe something missunderstood and he didn't mean my scarring with Grade 4?

On 12/2/2017 at 7:38 PM, Claus Young said:

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/03/2017 1:31 pm

@beautifulambition
I think you are as well known as an acne scar expert :) Is my scarring really Grade 4 and so severe? Can't believe that and I think Dr. Lim has only spoked generally :D

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/03/2017 6:03 pm

@motherofmsThank you so much, I will use pencil eraser pencil rubber 😉

@CoconutRoughYour right he could just do TCA peels, ... I always give people too much. They can choose what fit's their $$$$, time, and lifestyle. For some that's just peels and microneedling doing DIY. For others they want aesthetics treatments. Basically I find the smallest detail and try to improve it through a suggestion. If he just wanted to try peels that would be ok too, ... it is his face ;-P I see some spots that need subcision, they are tethered and hence the peel would work better on raised texture, ... does not work on pits.

@Claus Young I would not say your scars are grade 4, my personal opinion, more 1-3. Very superficial, not much fat loss, you have great hope of treatment as nothing much is broken to start with. Don't worry about the scale there are many. Your scars are textural mainly.
I respect Dr. Lim, but I want to give you realistic expectations, you don't need to do much to get improvement, Sub, maybe some filler if they are a pencil rubber or eraser in depth and some peels. If you want further improvement you can do laser, but TCA is a known substitute / replacement for laser for centuries.

MemberMember
(@claus-young)

Posted : 12/04/2017 5:47 am

Can I also try RF Microneedling or wouldn't it help? :D