Notifications
Clear all

Red Bump

MemberMember
(@hunterh)

Posted : 11/27/2017 1:15 am

A while back, I had a whitehead right between my eyebrows. I accidentally picked at it, which made it pop. Ever since then, the area where the whitehead was has had a reddish, hard bump that is slightly raised off of the skin. I am not sure whether or not it is a scar, but I suspect that is. I was hoping that someone could identify it and possibly provide treatment advice.
image.jpg
image.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/27/2017 1:18 pm

I don't see a bump, I see a tiny bit of redness. This is PIE or post acne wounding. There are several treatments... checkout the FAQ (tops post of the acne scar sub), goto the skin section and PIE.

You can try a peel light glycolic peel on the spot only, your skin barley has any issues so please do not do something to strong. Creams also work like tretinorin or retin a. Laser is the last outcome for coloration V-beam, IPL, Excel V, 1064nm. This is so small it's not worth worrying about it, but if it's there for over a year then that's a option.

See your derm if you wish, you look young and these things often heal on their own, they are just very slow.

You could try as a first step hydrocortisone cream (over the counter). But not over 2 weeks as it can damage the skin.