Notifications
Clear all

TCA Questions (B-ambition ?)

MemberMember
(@beches90250)

Posted : 11/18/2017 1:17 am

Looking for input from anyone with similar experience :

Patient has fairly light, 'thin' skin and beganwith sever scaring - has had Co2 Fraxel laser and (soon)second subcision treatment with noticeable, but notmajor, improvement:

1) Will an aggressive (Dr. administered)30 - 35% TCA procedure improve (smooth)the skin surface texture of rolling scars (ie reduce the appearance of 'lumps' and 'valleys')? Should we begin at a lessor strength?

2) A combination TCA/dermabration has been suggested by one doctor, opinions?

3) On average, how long will the post TCA (w/o dermabration)healing process take (must avoid all sun / skin color return to normal)?

Thanks in advance,
Alan

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/18/2017 1:40 am

Who's patient is this, yours?

MemberMember
(@beches90250)

Posted : 11/18/2017 2:07 am

Daughter

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/18/2017 2:27 am

Do you have any pictures?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/18/2017 7:14 am

I wouldnt do tca or any acid treatment with another.you should wait 28 days to do anything acid after a treatment to allow skin to heal then its ok to do the tca peel.

it will take lots of treatments with tca to achieve smoother skin,it works a little bit at a time.

would start of weak,maybe 15% and try a test spot and see how they react,they should go red and maybe a slight brown scab,this is peeling and healing,then its ok to do a peel,choose a test spot under the chin.

do a 3 application or 3 layer peel,if you get slight frosting thats ok,in stronger tca strength you will definately achieve a frost.

depending on how bad the texture is we are talking a year of peels whether they be all the face or spot peels/just on the scarred area.

read up and perform it correctly and use gloves and protect the eyes.

each treatment should be spread out,at 30% your looking at 28 days at least to heal before any more tca treatment or any other treatment as the skin is thin and vunerable.

why i wouldnt suggest dermabrasion and tca work,same for needling.
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/18/2017 12:30 pm

@beches90250

No TCA will not fix rolling scars that are depressed more than a pencil erasers depth in depression. This is where HA filler is used in conjunction with sub. Remember we often need a few treatments of subcision. I would never had done the CO2 Fraxel. I would subcise unless they are extremely superficial, hard to tell without a picture, ... fell free to post or Private Message me. No way dermabrasion is so old (again need to see picture), often there are other options now. Depends if we are talking a medium strength (healing times vary depending on the bodies healing capabilities. The average major down time is 7 days (some times longer) and then just some redness makeup can be put over as collagen develops for 3 months. Do not press treatments together, allow time to heal. IF they do A deep sedated peel that can be 1.5 months to 3 months of healing, nothing to bad but it's stronger of course as it's in the deep dermis. Medium you will need many, depending on your endpoint to stop. Redness can go away for some in less than a month, and for quick healers a few weeks.