Notifications
Clear all

Dermastamp or Laser CO2

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/09/2017 9:04 am

Hi everyone

I am going to treat my scar on my chick,I did 2 session of dermastamp and when i use it,i do it agresively (1.5mm) but i don't see any improvement ? Do i need more session to see improvement or is it a waste of time ?

I would like to know if Laser C02 is much beter and if it is worth it :) ?

thank you and have a nice day :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/09/2017 11:02 am

We have no idea of your "chick's" scar type or pictures close up to advise what to do. You cannot simply pickup a microneedle and think it will fix scars. Scars are never one and done, and takes over 3 years to heal. Multiple procedures. CO2 will not help and is often the goto for money hungry doctors who prey on those who want a quick fix. Read more about scars under the scar sub first post called faq, or post more information.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/09/2017 3:26 pm

My scar are like that sorry for the bad resolution of my photo
I Will Check if i have better photo :. [Edited image out]

I would say that my scarsare in amiddle depth but the problem arethe color of the scar which are brown-Red Color

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/09/2017 3:51 pm

Maybe is better ?

i take the photo in yellow light,tomorow i will take a good photo due to the night

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/10/2017 9:33 am

Subcision. TCA peels at a medium to deep strength by a Med spa or dermatologist or even CO2 laser might work in your case, these are very superficial and newer scars.

IPL, Vbeam, excel V, 1064nm are all options for the reds in your face. You have PIE or wounding for treatment / Edema / Acne. Also rolling surface scars.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/10/2017 10:19 am

I have these scars since 6 mouth,I don't think this is new

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/12/2017 4:38 pm

But can I use Dermastamp ?

Are dermastamp and laser the same things ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/13/2017 10:39 am

No Dermastamp and laser are not the same thing. One is energy based, the other is a needle.

Sure you can try a microneedle, ... you would get more improvement through tca peels on the cheeks.

The redness of the scars concerns me like they are overly treated or fresh new wounds, maybe its the picture.

Your second one is not as close and that would benefit most (the red) with tca peels. Read more about tca peels in the faq top of acne scar sub, all things peels.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/13/2017 12:15 pm

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

No Dermastamp and laser are not the same thing. One is energy based, the other is a needle.

Sure you can try a microneedle, ... you would get more improvement through tca peels on the cheeks.

The redness of the scars concerns me like they are overly treated or fresh new wounds, maybe its the picture.

Your second one is not as close and that would benefit most (the red) with tca peels. Read more about tca peels in the faq top of acne scar sub, all things peels.

No i would like to say that both of them conducted to the same result ?
Because they cause micro injury by needle or energy

I know that you tried both of them,for you who gives the best result ?

I meet my dermatologist and he said that i have to do laser but it's little expensive and i don't want to waste my money if dermastamp conducted to the same result

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/14/2017 9:27 am

No they do not. I said that above.

You must do tca peels. Otherwise go get laser. Microneedling is for collagen production, it will not resurface or get rid of scars, ... it can help break them up if they are fibrous. Subcision is for pits that are a pencil eraser or longer.

You look like you have surface issues, ... hence do tca and you can microneedle your spots the months your not peeling.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/14/2017 12:26 pm

In Owndoc
from photo "before" and "after"
i see change with the scar http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-before-and-after-photos-from-our-customers/

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 09/15/2017 7:48 am

I wouldn't do CO2,I've had it done,Its a waste of money.The improvement you would get from CO2 would be minimal, about 10%.Don't believe pictures (have a closer look) bc they are taken in different light and angles to convince us that these treatment work.

I would take beautifulambition's advice on the TCA peels,but I would still do dermarolling every 8 weeks.Do a TCA peel or Dermarolling,vice versa,every 8 weeks,Always remember,collagen is a slow process,it can take upto six month to renew,the longer,the better inbetween treatments.I read that collagen is very fragile and can be easily damaged,I believe this to means,too much treatment in the same area in a short periods of time.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/15/2017 11:05 am

11 hours ago, Sam said:

I wouldn't do CO2,I've had it done,Its a waste of money.The improvement you would get from CO2 would be minimal, about 10%.Don't believe pictures (have a closer look) bc they are taken in different light and angles to convince us that these treatment work.

I would take beautifulambition's advice on the TCA peels,but I would still do dermarolling every 8 weeks.Do a TCA peel or Dermarolling,vice versa,every 8 weeks,Always remember,collagen is a slow process,it can take upto six month to renew,the longer,the petter inbetween treatments.I read that collagen is very fragile and can be easily damaged,I believe this to means,too much treatment in the same area in a short periods of time.

Oh really ?

maybe you did only one treatment
do you see improvement from dermastamp/dermaroller ? I use the 1.5mm and i see 0 improvement but i only used it since 1 mouth

for tca peel,i have to ask an other dermathologist becauce he don't do that

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 09/18/2017 2:23 pm

Yes,I only had one treatment of CO2.

You won't see improvement in needling with just one treatment (read my above post).

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/19/2017 4:27 pm

On 18 septembre 2017 at 9:23 PM, Sam said:

Yes,I only had one treatment of CO2.

You won't see improvement in needling with just one treatment (read my above post).

Ok
but what do you think about "suction pump"
Do i need to add this ?

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 09/22/2017 8:17 pm

On 14 septembre 2017 at 4:27 PM, beautifulambition said:

No they do not. I said that above.

You must do tca peels. Otherwise go get laser. Microneedling is for collagen production, it will not resurface or get rid of scars, ... it can help break them up if they are fibrous. Subcision is for pits that are a pencil eraser or longer.

You look like you have surface issues, ... hence do tca and you can microneedle your spots the months your not peeling.

No i don't have surface issue,I have hole in my skin
i think the photo is not very representative

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/23/2017 11:29 am

Subcision as I have tried to tell you before is for."I have hole in my skin. "Suction pump" is only after subcision, and for nothing else.

Please post with a picture of your scarring so we do not have to guess on treatments for you. You have made several posts with guesses which do not help us assess a closeup of your scar type and offer a solution. If you do not wish to do that find a picture online that is close to your scar type and post it for advice or private message me and I will help you.

Thanks,
BA