Notifications
Clear all

Rolling in the shallows

MemberMember
(@boywithscars)

Posted : 09/03/2017 10:06 am

Good day to all I'm new to this site and really thankful I found this anyway I really have a problems with scars. I'm 18years old by the way and from the Philippines so last summer I got into major breakout which is not normal for me. So I did have cystic acne and pimples but thankfull y I'm now on the stage of scarring to be honest I got really into depression. Can someone somebody please give me advice what to do with rolling scars and hyper pigmentation? I'm planning on buying dermaroller I don't know if its gonna work for me this type of scars? I notice that my pores got enlarged too I'm really worried and thinking of quitting school because of lack of confidence up until now Im still depress and don't know what to do sorry if this is too dramatic I just want to let it all out. My rolling scars is shallow and fresh from breakouts is there a support group or foundation that helps people with acne scars just kidding help me please I'm really down im hoping for replies 🙂 thank you all lovely people 🙂

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/04/2017 2:44 pm

For general Support please post in the main acne forum here on the forums. You have fresh scars and your 18, they will heal over time. I would possibly do a few light glycolic peel and see how that does on your skin. Regarding fresh scars, this is not hyperpigmentation, it's PIE or the after effects / wounds of scars. You can try honey and aloe vera or triple antibiotic cream. Emu oil is healing. Vitamin C serum and hydroquinone is for permanent pigmentation. Read more on the first post of the acne scar sub called "faq." The skin section has PIE info, for you ... you might do better with a tretinorin than anything else with fresh scars, till things baseline. If you still breakout try differin cream or tretinorin. Give your self time to heal, it takes a long while.

MemberMember
(@boywithscars)

Posted : 09/04/2017 8:13 pm

thank u so so much im really new into thus stuff so I'm currently researching or reading and there are so many things out there don't know what to do hehe