Notifications
Clear all

Scars After massive cyst

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 08/24/2017 5:23 pm

Hello! I recently recovered from a huge cyst about the length and diameter of a golf ball (check out my previous post if you would like!) It was incredibly inflamed and painful, and leaked pus almost daily. I am relieved to be free of it, but it wasn't without a cost. It left the area indented, with further, deeper indentations across it. The entire area is slightly pink, with darker purple spots on the deeper indents. It is also riddled with ice pick scars (I've counted 13.) it is all in a very contained area, which makes mycheek lookrough and dirty. What can I do atthis point? The cyst and inflammation went away about two months ago! Pics here: [Edited link out]

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/25/2017 4:18 am

The couple of deeper ones you'd probably need to get subcision. You look fine though, honestly. Not rough and dirty lol. That description, however, of 'leaking pus almost daily' is pretty gnarly.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/25/2017 7:37 am

From the single multiple pictures all I see is PIE or wounding from the cyst (redness) this will heal over a long time (makeup can be used) or a laser like IPL, V-beam, Excel V or 1064nm can be used to get rid of the red. I don't see denting so no subcision is needed.. I see a bit of textural issue so you can microneedle it and do a spot TCA peel on the area / cheek. Scars take time to heal I would not do anything for some months till it can do so. Our bodies can be slow to heal.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/25/2017 12:07 pm

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

From the single picture all I see is PIE or wounding from the cyst (redness) this will heal over a long time (makeup can be used) or a laser like IPL, V-beam, Excel V or 1064nm can be used to get rid of the red. I don't see denting so no subcision is needed. I see a bit of textural issue so you can microneedle it and do a spot TCA peel on the area / cheek. Scars take time to heal I would not do anything for some months till it can do so. Our bodies can be slow to heal.

There's more than one pic, bro-ham. You gotta scroll down.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 08/25/2017 8:53 pm

13 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

From the single multiple pictures all I see is PIE or wounding from the cyst (redness) this will heal over a long time (makeup can be used) or a laser like IPL, V-beam, Excel V or 1064nm can be used to get rid of the red. I don't see denting so no subcision is needed.. I see a bit of textural issue so you can microneedle it and do a spot TCA peel on the area / cheek. Scars take time to heal I would not do anything for some months till it can do so. Our bodies can be slow to heal. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/28/2017 1:32 am

PM me if you need help

keving100 liked
MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 08/28/2017 8:27 am

Thank you!! I think I will start with TCA peels first, then move to TCA cross. If I'm still not happy I will reach out to a dermatologist and ask about the other recommendations! Thank you for your guidance :)