Notifications
Clear all

Im looking for the best natural treatment for my scars

MemberMember
(@ehh)

Posted : 08/06/2017 8:13 am

Hi there! I'm new here and i loved this forum so much, lot of stuff and some hope.

I've got question about reducing/removing scars. I've had acne for the short time, it was like a lot of little dots and few, really few pimples (big ones) and unfortunatelly those big ones damaged my skin a lot. My derm decided to prescribe me Isotretinoin to stop that acne before it will really start, actually I'm on 5th month (20mg per day). All of the pimples gone but I'm not even happy since i see i will have huge scar on my cheek and generally in few parts of my face skin is so uneven. Those scars arent sharp, they aren't dots. It's more like uneven, wavy skin (can't find good word to describe) + one long furrow.

So the question is, how can I improve that. I know that I can't do any peelings, lasers etc during my iso treatment aswell as 6 months after that. Anyway i don't want to do any lasers, I think it's bait and pure marketing while it doesnt really help that much. I saw some posts here about massaging scars, is that good idea? Should i start it now while being on isotretinoin? Or is it too early?

And what about coconut oil? I saw few posts where people was so excited about it and effects? Can you advise me what can I do before those scars get permanent? I still believe that i can fix it while scars are creating themselves and skin is repairing.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/06/2017 11:54 am

Sorry to say most natural things do not work while on Accutane nor on scars. IF you want something to try on the redness or PIE wounding left over from acne you can try emu oil. I have a list of other things for this, goto the faq, first post in acne scar sub, then goto the skin section, and finally to PIE. You can uptake your vitamin c which is good for the body as a whole but you cannot use the serum while on accutane. The main thing you should be doing on Tane is moisturizing / sunscreen as the skin is thinned our and dry. Take some collagen supplement.

MemberMember
(@ehh)

Posted : 08/06/2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for reply, I will check reddit for sure.

What you mean by " most natural things do not work while on Accutane nor on scars ". That if accutane didn't removed it, nothing would be able to remove it? Or natural methods doesn't work while accutane but after taking can give it a try?

About moisturizing, I do once a day and I dont feel like my skin is overdried. Also I've noticed at morning, right after waking up my skin looks almost good while at evening It's tragic. What does it mean?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/07/2017 7:01 am

Accutane is inherently not Natural. It needs to take it's full course. There are very few "natural" things that work for scars. Massaging, rubbing, I suppose subcision could be related to Accupuncture. There is a natural forum here for acne, check that out.