Notifications
Clear all

What kind of treatment should be applied?

MemberMember
(@keithricky)

Posted : 07/19/2017 9:05 am

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to join into such nice community.

Longtime ago, I had some ane problems on my face and had to use roaccutane which helped me a lot for fast recovery. However it left some defects on my face which are similar to rolling type of scars. ( Attaching some pictures )

Last week I bought two popular acne creams from the pharmacy called CICATRICURE and MEDERMA and have started to use it since almost one week. I know it will take time to see visible improvements but even I am not sure they will give considerable improvements in long term. I also saw on the internet a new tratment called subcission but it seems that it is a very painful process and  I am even not sure about the results.

What could be your suggestions? Should I continue using Cicatricure or Mederma or basically I should not lose time and opt for another solution?

Thanks
Keith

keith12.jpg

keith22.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/21/2017 5:31 am

Those creams (silicones) will do nothing for your scars. They are for new scars and mainly for color. You have textural pits. You need subcision and some peels like TCA for the surface texture. You can get this done at a Dr or at a med spa. Subcision is not very painful, they give you lidocaine and it's just under the surface. If you don't want to do it right away do dermastamp and tca peels until your ready. you can read more in the FAQ, top post of the scar sub.

MemberMember
(@keithricky)

Posted : 07/21/2017 9:52 am

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Those creams (silicones) will do nothing for your scars. They are for new scars and mainly for color. You have textural pits. You need subcision and some peels like TCA for the surface texture. You can get this done at a Dr or at a med spa. Subcision is not very painful, they give you lidocaine and it's just under the surface. If you don't want to do it right away do dermastamp and tca peels until your ready. you can read more in the FAQ, top post of the scar sub.

Dear beautifulambition,

Thanks a lot for your very valuable comments. I will follow your suggestions. I read lots of articles regarding subcision and I could not find satisfactory responses to my questions below,

1-) Can subcission be done during the summer period where there is lots of sun lights?
2-) How long does it take to heal after subcission before returning back to the work?
3-) How many seances should I expect with subcission?
4-) How many seances should I expect with TCA and dermastamp? Do they have to be applied together or seperately?

I would be very pleased if you may comment on them

Have an excellent w/e Keith

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/22/2017 5:27 am

1) yes

2) 1-1.5weeks, depends on your body and how long it takes to heal from a tiny cut, you can wear makup after a few days if needed

3) Again depends on your body, do not go in expecting 100% you get a small percentage of improvement with every treatment, you will need a few, after a few years of everything I wouldn't expect more than 50% - just depends on your body, we are making scar look better not getting unrealistic perfect skin. You apply everything separate, a month apart, ... some don't have the down time so they treat over a few years and do what they can