Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars are these?

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 06/07/2017 11:57 am

Keep us posted :)  What percentage are you going to do with your peel?  

MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 06/10/2017 6:05 pm

25%

MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 06/13/2017 5:36 pm

Post 25% peel 2.5 hours later. I was told I needed 2 vials, barely frosted and have a thick, strong dermis. It stung but it was not unbearable at all.
IMG_5008.JPGIMG_5009.JPGIMG_5014.JPGIMG_5017.JPGIMG_5018.JPG

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 06/20/2017 10:53 pm

Looks like you had a pretty mild frost. I am much more red after my peels so you'll probably get a pretty light peel from the 25%.

Seeing how you last posted over a week ago, you are probably all peeled. How did it go?

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/21/2017 9:16 am

I have a new recommendation for you, as you have done several peels, and we talked about it potentially not being powerful enough or tca cross to the individual pores at high strength, For energy devices you could do clear and brilliant for large pores, or Infini rf / vivance, some do fraxel (not the co2 one). Energy devices of course have side effects, do this last. PRP and microneedle and actives has been healing for some for skin issues.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/21/2017 3:11 pm

You need a weekish perhaps more for your skin to settle down.you will notice especialy in mornings that yiur skin looks smoother but by end of day as its working/worked it will look more hagged.

then after a weekish then you will see what the initial results are but you got like 3 week heal time after so you get smaller improvement.
:)

MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 06/21/2017 9:23 pm

The peel was pretty weak. I'd liken it to a very light sunburn peel. It mostly just dried my skin out, nothing major.

I've had a hard time taking post peel pics because it has been overcast and cloudy most days here. I can tell a slight difference, more in skin texture vs. scars softening or pores being less noticeable.

I'm going to try a higher percentage peel. A girl recommended a different dermatologist here that is able to code chemical peels as acne treatment to insurance. I have an appointment next week. If they don't see it as a possibility I will try out makeup artist choice peels, probably start @30% and then bump up to 40%. I think they could help.

I have tried fraxel before, but I didn't have much luck. I didn't not go for 5-6 treatments though. It was pretty expensive and since I could tell no real difference, I didn't want to sink more money into something that didn't seem to work for me.

I have not tried clear and brilliant so I will look into that, thanks!
I'm feeling pretty bummed right now, tbh.

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 06/21/2017 10:48 pm

I can understand and empathize with your disappointment. For the downtime that chemical peels cause, you'd expect a lot of improvement. Unfortunately, this usually isn't the case from a single, light TCA peel like 25%. I think it's best that you started out slow and got your feet wet before jumping into a higher concentration of an acid because chemical peels can be a bit anxiety-inducing when you go all in because of how awful you look for a week or more.

TCA at 40% isn't typically used as a full face peel so I'd be careful with that concentration unless you were going to apply it to individual scars. If you are looking to go that aggressive, I recommend looking into multi-acid peels. Multi-acid peels should only be applied by a true expert though so I'd recommend researching peel experts in your area. I'm sure you could also get nice results from a series of tca peels though spaced 1 month apart.

If it's any consolation, it took me probably 5 peels before I saw improvement. The improvement was never like, "wow my skin looks amazing now" more like "it looks a bit better." I plan to keep at them though because I appreciate any improvements even if minor and this is the resurfacing modality I am the most comfortable with.

MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 06/25/2017 8:55 pm

IMG_5211.JPGIMG_5212.JPGIMG_5213.JPGIMG_5214.JPGIMG_5217.JPGIMG_5223.JPG

IMG_5215.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

This was the best lighting to match. I do see a difference not anything specifically  just  overall better.its going to take time.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/26/2017 7:19 am

Yep,give it 3 weeks more to heal and you should hopefully see more improvement.i got 1 more week left to wait of healing after a 25% tca,starting to realy notice the improvement now on week 3,eat well and moisturise,stay out the sun.
:)

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 06/28/2017 12:16 am

I personally think your skin looks a bit better. I agree with Quadboy, usually 3-5 weeks is when I see improvement from my peels.

MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 07/06/2017 7:37 pm

Soooo this is day 6 of a 30% tca peel from makeup artists choice and I can see the difference!!!!!
Peel number 2 - I'm in the same light. It's been so long since I've done something that has moved the needle so any difference is monumental to me. I'm going to keep doing it.IMG_5699.JPGIMG_5723.PNGIMG_5724.PNG

IMG_5703.JPGIMG_5700.JPGIMG_5703.JPGIMG_5708.JPGIMG_5705.JPGIMG_5715.JPGIMG_5716.JPGIMG_5708.JPGIMG_5699.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG

MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 07/07/2017 12:10 am

That's great news!! I think things have definitely smoothed out after this peel. You'll likely see even more improvements in a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 07/07/2017 10:23 am

10 hours ago, UpliftingCat said:

That's great news!! I think things have definitely smoothed out after this peel. You'll likely see even more improvements in a few weeks.

Thank you! I am beside myself. It's just amazing to see something work. It's small but man it feels soooooo good!!
I really recommend getting atleast one professionally done so that you know what your skin can take, how long it should sit and how to do it, before putting acid on it.

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 07/07/2017 3:14 pm

Thats an amzing difference. Your overall texture looks noticeably smoother. Iv only done spot areas with tca one as i had to be sure i could hide the areas when going to work and now i want to do a full face peel but iv got one more holiday this year to get out of the way first. Your improvement has given me a lot of hope as my skin is similar to yours. Congrats on the improvement i hope your looking in the mirror with pride!

MemberMember
(@saraskatt1gmail-com)

Posted : 05/30/2020 1:59 pm

There wasdefinitely an improvement in your last post, thanks for sharing!Realising this was 2 yearsago I am very curious to see an update, did you keep it up with the peels? I'm considering a 25% tca peel but Iwouldn't be able to ever go higher than that because 25% is the highest they goin my local clinics. Not sure 25% would make any significant difference so currently debating whether it's worth the trouble or not.

MemberMember
(@orangelaser162gmail-com)

Posted : 02/07/2022 10:27 pm

On 7/6/2017 at 8:37 PM, smileamyway said:

Soooo this is day 6 of a 30% tca peel from makeup artists choice and I can see the difference!!!!!
Peel number 2 - I'm in the same light. It's been so long since I've done something that has moved the needle so any difference is monumental to me. I'm going to keep doing it.IMG_5699.JPGIMG_5723.PNGIMG_5724.PNG

IMG_5703.JPGIMG_5700.JPGIMG_5703.JPGIMG_5708.JPGIMG_5705.JPGIMG_5715.JPGIMG_5716.JPGIMG_5708.JPGIMG_5699.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG

any update?