Notifications
Clear all

TCA CROSS - is this normal??

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 05/13/2017 5:41 pm

Hi guys,

i just had had a TCA Cross done 2 days ago and I still have white stuff in my indentended acne scars. For those of you who have done TCA cross, is this normal? It just looks like I have foundation or lotion stuck in my scars...not sure what's going on.

Any info appreciated! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2017 3:30 am

Possibly, ... did a doctor do it? If so did you ask.

It could be dead skin that will heal over time.

Is it infected?

TCA kills the skin that it touches. Making the body heal itself and raise the scar bed / floor of the scar

Laura630 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/14/2017 7:39 am

White frosting caused by acid,normal but also you will start to see the scab firm,usualy starts as a light colored brown thin layer of skin,if you use moisturier that can get caught and stay in the area thats been crossed.
:)

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 05/14/2017 8:42 am

Thanks for the response beautifulambition and quadboy :)

Yes a doctor did it, I asked him and he said it was normal but now its been 3 days and the white frost is still sitting in my pores, no scabs. I emailed him again but no response yet so just wanted to check to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I don't think it's infected, it just looks like the frost is still sitting in my scars. No scabs have formed yet. Is it normal that it takes so long for the scabs to form? Also should I be applying moisturizer now before the scabs have formed? I used a bit of emu oil today because the skin around my scars looked a bit dry...

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2017 9:29 am

Emu oil could be fine, vaseline, or tripple antibiotic. Make sure you don't have them come off in the shower. The white as Quadboy said, hes' doing TCA Cross so agreat resource to ask questions, if your moisturizer got caught this could be it, make up also, or maybe its a dry skin flake, not a scab. TCA takes a while to do it's thing, especially cross. If in a few weeks nothing happens that would be suspicious.

Are you doing white vinegar soaks, using gauze and dilute water you pat the area, this helps with shedding and killing things, instead of a face wash.

Good check with your doctor and let us know the outcome.

Laura630 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/14/2017 11:28 am

Just wash your face with warm water,try not to massage it,judt sort of put your head close to water and kinda splash it on and pat your face with hands.

always dry your face by patting and use a clean towel each time.

apply moisturiser,try not to massage too much on your face as this will make your scabs that form/formed on the tca crossed scar curl,they will end up dragged and kind of curl up on themselves.

[Redacted]

after round 3 days after the cross scabs tend to fall off,today its my 4th day and i know when i wash tonight more scabs will shed.

5th day most scabs are gone.

nothing special,just healthy eating,clean hygene and moisturiser.

after they are gone,the scar will be more,pinker,red than everywhere else,its normal,also the scar might look more pronounced and defined,dint panic,its normal.now you got 4 weeks if healing at least.

same,wash with clean warm water,pat dry with clean towel,moisturise.eat healthy,get a few glass's water down you.

stay stress free and get sleep,these are realy important i think.
[Redacted]

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 05/15/2017 2:56 pm

The skin on my nose has peeled considerably today and there are finally some small brown spots forming so it looks like they're finally on the right track! For some reason my scabbing process was delayed. Maybe because the skin on my nose is so oily? Will update in a few days. Thanks for the helpful words both :) Fingers crossed!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/16/2017 4:59 am

Yes tca can be effected by oil, this is why acetone aka nail polish remover is used to remove this pre tca.

Laura630 liked
MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 05/16/2017 6:45 am

Yes the dermatologist cleaned the area before, I just meant that my nose gets so oily maybe it affected how fast the scabs formed post treatment...

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 05/30/2017 3:08 pm

Just to update on this - it took about 2 weeks for my scabs to finally fall off! I wouldn't say there is major improvement although some scars look better but this is my first time doing it and it's only been a few days since they fell off. Hoping the skin Will continue to heal :)

what worked for for me was the diluted acv soak and emu oil. That's it! 

Thanks for the advice guys :) 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/30/2017 3:47 pm

You will notice improvements of sorts after 4 weeks after the cross.some scars are stubboner than others but after 2-3 cross's they react more.