Notifications
Clear all

Rating of my scars

MemberMember
(@asgayasfoucault)

Posted : 04/27/2017 7:28 pm

So, posting scars, to see how bad they really are. As you can see, the pictures are just of the right side of my face; the left doesn't really have any significant scarring, despite having suffered from severe acne (although my skin compensated by giving me body acne) , with some mild spots active still (mainly clogged
pores, probably my annual fall breakout). Keep in mind that I had to tweak the pics a little bit, sharpen them, to compensate for the low resolution of my camera, which tends to soften my scarring noticeably.            

Thank you all again, this site has been of a great help for me, especially regarding the emotional side of things. 

P1030046.JPG

P1030040.JPG

P1030033.JPG

Sorry for the gaps between them, I can't find a way to make them closer without interfering with the displaying of the text. 

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 04/28/2017 12:05 pm

To me personally I have just had to examine them carefully to even notice any scars so there are by no means bad at all. If your looking for a way to reduce there appearance then I'm sure someone here will be able to point you in the right direction. But in all honestly you really have to look to find anything and even then they don't look in anyway bad.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 04/28/2017 1:09 pm

dude what scarss? ur a dude and u care about non existing imperfections? ur skin is perfect

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/29/2017 7:24 am

@asgayasfoucaultScars make shadows, I need to see the shadows they make to give advice, indirect light helps with this. I do not think from your pictures your scars are bad or even your skin is even scarred on a scale from 1-10 over a level 2. Very light. Light most guys you have clogged pores and some dryness.

If you want to improve I would do light glycolic peels (Acne.org sells them in their store). Also some microneedling, many of us use the http://derminator.com here. You could have a local med spa or derm also do maybe a tca peel or two.

Wear sunscreen, and moisturize, live healthy, and you will be fine, your skin is in great shape.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 04/29/2017 11:15 am

From someone with similar scarring I'll give my advice from what i've learned so far. It looks like you have 1-2 small but almost unnoticable scars on your temples. I have the same exact scar size but maybe 3-4 on each temple. What i've been looking into lately is subcision + some sort of filler (haven't figured what filler I want yet). It seems like this is our best bet here. My guess is with 1-2 subcision+filler treatments you will get about 50%-75% improvement on those 2 scars and they will virtually become unnoticable. I would also look into some sort of rolling/stamping/derimator device and rotate the TCA peels like @beautifulambitionwas saying. My guess is you could make the thing practically go away for under $1000. Might seem like a lot but it's worth it imo.

MemberMember
(@asgayasfoucault)

Posted : 05/03/2017 10:35 pm

@beautifulambition I thought about the indirect lightning thing (that and overhead/natural lightning are the worst sources of insecurity) and was thinking of posting some photos with a flashlight. I'll try to do it this weekend. Thanks. 

@thepwhisp That's exactly what it was thinking of doing, I couldn't afford anything else either way. First some TCA peels to "clear" the texture and isolate the bigger scars, then treat those with needling/subcision.  

Thank you all again for your words!

It seems I'm not able to tag you guys, sorry :(