Notifications
Clear all

enlarged pores treatment any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@bigpore33)

Posted : 03/10/2017 9:41 am

Hello forum!
I know I should feel lucky for not being the victim of severe acne scarring.
That being said, I've got a minor skin issue which, to be honest, greatly affects my everyday mood and self-esteem in a negative direction.
For as long as i can remember I've been struggeling with black heads. In recent years however those blackheads have begun leaving noticeable "scars" (enlarged pores) when gently removed, especially on my right cheek. Those scars are somewhat deep and they look especially unhealthy in overhead lighting.
I am kindly asking for any recommendations or advice on treating/minimizing the most apparent pores on my cheeks. I've read about chemical peeling and leaser treatment but I dont know if those are any good?
By the way my skincare routine is as following: daily washing with a mild organic facial cleansing soap. thereafter using a moisturising cream from the organic brand "Lavera". Occasionally i've begun using an exfoliating mask but I dont see any difference, execpt maybe the pores event become larger afterwards.

Hope anyone cares to give suggestions,
thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 03/10/2017 7:32 pm

9 hours ago, bigpore33 said:

Hello forum!
I know I should feel lucky for not being the victim of severe acne scarring.
That being said, I've got a minor skin issue which, to be honest, greatly affects my everyday mood and self-esteem in a negative direction.
For as long as i can remember I've been struggeling with black heads. In recent years however those blackheads have begun leaving noticeable "scars" (enlarged pores) when gently removed, especially on my right cheek. Those scars are somewhat deep and they look especially unhealthy in overhead lighting.
I am kindly asking for any recommendations or advice on treating/minimizing the most apparent pores on my cheeks. I've read about chemical peeling and leaser treatment but I dont know if those are any good?
By the way my skincare routine is as following: daily washing with a mild organic facial cleansing soap. thereafter using a moisturising cream from the organic brand "Lavera". Occasionally i've begun using an exfoliating mask but I dont see any difference, execpt maybe the pores event become larger afterwards.

Hope anyone cares to give suggestions,
thanks in advance

Enlarged pores as in ice pick scars? Can you post a picture please?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/11/2017 4:09 am

Black heads ... are you having facials done to remove these or are you removing them yourself. You may be creating the scars. Sometimes the methods aEsthetician uses are much more gentle than us popping or picking (just a idea).

Have you been to the derm and discussed why your skin is producing black heads?

Some acid peels like salicylic acid dissolve sebrum from pores.

Also I have seen excess black heads from diet, or allergies.

Please goto my faq (below signature) goto the skin section, then orange peel, large pores and I list several treatments. Dr. Weiner in Florida has been using superficially dilute injected botox recently for acne and to close up pores. Others have had success with PRP injections and micro needling, acid peels, EGF serums and creams, HA serum, vitamin C serum, diets high in fat and protein. etc....

One new treatment is skin boosters, they are superficial injections of HA very close to the skin surface which gives moisture and stimulates collagen, I have seen great results with these. They can also be done with meso injections by tiny needles of serums.

http://www.consultingroom.com/Treatment/Restylane-Vital