Notifications
Clear all

Does TCA Cross treatment on ice pick scars on nose take longer time to see results than ice pick scars on the rest of the face?

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 03/05/2017 12:26 pm

I have performed TCA cross on ice pick scars and enlarged pore scars on my face and I have seen great success so far. The ones that are not on my face are like 90% gone but the ones on my nose are more stubborn. Like 30% improvement maybe. Are ice pick scars on nose harder to improve and if so why is that? I have only done 1 treatment so far and will wait 4 weeks after I applied the TCA to do it again. 1 treatment seemed to do miracles for the rest of my face but as I said the nose is a lot more difficult. I also successfully removed small skin tags on my face and it looks much better now. I'm using MSM cream and Biafine cream after to help with healing and moisturising. I also take collagen supplements and vitamin D(if that helps I have no idea but it doesn't hurt).

Cheers! :)

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 03/05/2017 12:43 pm

Your post is promising. I have a very deep scared pore on the left side of my nose under my eye area that I would like corrected with TCA Cross. Perhaps you can check it out and give me your opinion.

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 03/05/2017 12:48 pm

4 minutes ago, 51WithSkin said:

Your post is promising. I have a very deep scared pore on the left side of my nose under my eye area that I would like corrected with TCA Cross. Perhaps you can check it out and give me your opinion.

Sure PM me or post a picture in this thread would be glad to help! :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/06/2017 4:48 am

@extaz

The nose is made of different skin (cartilage) and a different structure (less veins) and more oil glands (blackheads). It takes longer to heal and does not heal as well, thus stubborn. Your nose may need more treatments.

I don't know what percentage of TCA you are using.

So the MSM is working for you, that's great.

MemberMember
(@bloomingwasp)

Posted : 03/07/2017 12:10 pm

seems like you had an exceptional response to your other TCA Cross treatments. Davin Lim on realself says around 30%-40% improvement is a good result for a single cross. I got around that for my first round (ice pick on nose) and Professor Chu was pleased. got another 30% for second round. I'm currently considering a third, but not sure if i will bother.
good that it's working for you anyway! I think beautifulambition is right, we should expect only small incremental gains with these treatments, anything more is a bonus.

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 03/18/2017 3:45 pm

On 06/03/2017 at 10:48 AM, beautifulambition said:
@extaz 

The nose is made of different skin (cartilage) and a different structure (less veins) and more oil glands (blackheads). It takes longer to heal and does not heal as well, thus stubborn. Your nose may need more treatments. 

I don't know what percentage of TCA you are using. 

So the MSM is working for you, that's great.

On 07/03/2017 at 6:10 PM, BloomingWasp said:

seems like you had an exceptional response to your other TCA Cross treatments. Davin Lim on realself says around 30%-40% improvement is a good result for a single cross. I got around that for my first round (ice pick on nose) and Professor Chu was pleased. got another 30% for second round. I'm currently considering a third, but not sure if i will bother. 
good that it's working for you anyway! I think beautifulambition is right, we should expect only small incremental gains with these treatments, anything more is a bonus. 

How long do you think I should wait between crosses. Is 1 month good for the nose area? Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/18/2017 7:19 pm

Depends if your seeing improvement and healing up, acid strength. 1 to 2 months should be fine. Remember to use acetone (nail polish remover without fragrance) as the nose is oily before you TCA.

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 03/19/2017 7:15 pm

23 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Depends if your seeing improvement and healing up, acid strength. 1 to 2 months should be fine. Remember to use acetone (nail polish remover without fragrance) as the nose is oily before you TCA.

I didn't use it last time and my nose is/was very oily. Can this be way it didn't make much improvement? It didn't scab by itself. Will use it for the next cross.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/19/2017 7:17 pm

Please read my thread on TCA, goto the FAQ below in my signature, then towards the bottom TCA, and find the link for all things Acid Peels in that section.

MemberMember
(@tirza1984)

Posted : 10/28/2018 2:03 am

On 05.03.2017 at 8:26 PM, extaz said:

I have performed TCA cross on ice pick scars and enlarged pore scars on my face and I have seen great success so far. The ones that are not on my face are like 90% gone but the ones on my nose are more stubborn. Like 30% improvement maybe. Are ice pick scars on nose harder to improve and if so why is that? I have only done 1 treatment so far and will wait 4 weeks after I applied the TCA to do it again. 1 treatment seemed to do miracles for the rest of my face but as I said the nose is a lot more difficult. I also successfully removed small skin tags on my face and it looks much better now. I'm using MSM cream and Biafine cream after to help with healing and moisturising. I also take collagen supplements and vitamin D(if that helps I have no idea but it doesn't hurt).

Cheers! :)

Hi,Does ±t get worse on nose if we use tca on them.%30 tca is enough?