Notifications
Clear all

Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 02/17/2017 8:01 pm

Hi,

I have decided that after I finish my Accutane course I am going to treat my PIE with a PDL. I looked up that a dermatologist nearby has Vbeam Perfecta. How long after accutane would you suggest I wait before having this treatment done? My idea is the following ( any suggestions and comments on this are appreciated and welcomed ):

I will wait 3 months ( should I wait longer? ) and have a blood test to see if my platelet count is back into the normal region. This will help give me an indication that my body is healing at its usual rate again. Then I would make a consultation with a dermatologist and ask for a test patch to be done. I will also ask the dermatologist to use lower settings to result in less bruising/downtime ( I have read that the Vbeam Perfecta causes less bruising but can still cause some ). I understand that this may result in more treatments, but I am okay with that.

Further, I am happy to say that it does not look like I have many indented scars. I am not sure how I will feel about them as time goes by, though. Can anyone list some dermatologists/plastic surgeons throughout the states ( I would be willing to travel around the US ) that they would recommend from experience or something else that suggests they are very experienced in treating acne scars. Someone who uses dimmed lighting and maps out the scars. Someone who plans out and can think outside the box, and uses a combination approach, not just someone who suggests Fraxel. The reason I ask early is because I would like to do a lot of research and decide a year or so in advance where I would like to go.

Who I know of:

Dr Jason Emer, CA,
Dr Chris Zachary, CA.

Also, what are peoples opinions on Dr Davin Lim. He seems to be the best in the world in my opinion. His approach and knowledge in the area are truly amazing.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2017 6:22 am

You can do vbeam while on accutane. You stop before the treatment a week or two then treat. You will need 3-10 treatments.