Notifications
Clear all

Subscion on my Temples (boxcar/rolling scars?)

MemberMember
(@imperial925)

Posted : 03/08/2017 11:57 pm

On 3/4/2017 at 5:04 PM, Unap said:

Imperial925,
475 for each scar? So how much you paid for one cheek???

Sorry guys it's been a while, I'll post pics when I get home. But it's 475 for every scar on your face (just not forehead)

MemberMember
(@unap)

Posted : 03/09/2017 1:12 pm

Ah...so glad I found this site. So informative, so intelligent and so helpful. I mean the forummers.

Do you think a gauge needle gives the same result as a nokor needle?

Calling @Imperial925
Did Dr Ting use a nokor needle? I am asking because I heard that some doctors may not use such needles for subcision.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/10/2017 1:55 am

@UnapI don't know where you live Unap but we have a list of doctors who do subcision in the below faq in my signature.

No A hypodermic needle does not provide the same outcome of subcision as a cannula. Many doctors do it but I find they miss some spots. It cannot by it's very nature, one is a stabbing motion trying to find the tethers blindly by feel (hypo), this pocket can be filled with HA filler to prevent re = tethering.

MemberMember
(@unap)

Posted : 03/10/2017 8:55 pm

18 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@UnapI don't know where you live Unap but we have a list of doctors who do subcision in the below faq in my signature.

No A hypodermic needle does not provide the same outcome of subcision as Nokor. Many doctors do it but I find they miss some spots. It cannot by it's very nature, one is a stabbing motion trying to find the tethers blindly by feel (hypo), the other is a scalpel which cuts anything in it's path to make a pocket (Nokor), this pocket can be filled with HA filler to prevent re = tethering.

I think he said Dr. Ting does Nokor, he's just very expensive.

Can you recommend some other doctors in California who can use a Nokor needle? Thanks so much!

Some doctors do not want to do fillers at the same time as subcision....do you know why?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/11/2017 3:59 am

The overly expensive doctors do at California Skin Institute which price fixes most of the derms in the bay area aka Dr. Ting.

Dr. Dhawan does it infremont but he has a 6 month wait and is overly expensive. In LA I believe DR. Rullan in SD does, Dr. Chris Zachary UC Irvine.

MemberMember
(@hotdog1996)

Posted : 06/20/2017 1:32 am

@Imperial925 how were your results? My scars are similar to yours and I'm considering subcision. You should upload updated photos!!

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 04/12/2018 6:34 am

Would TCA spot treatment work for these scars OP showed @beautifulambition

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/12/2018 2:35 pm

@InsearchNo a spot tca peel would not work for the scars especially if done in a harsh high %, they needed as this case showed us subcision, rf needling also helps. some get filler or prp with a cannula here. The tca would be the last step for texture, you don't want to peel these spots first.

If you are DIY at home you can do dermastamping monthly before Dr's treatment and a few "light" tca peels.

Be aware dark colored skin needs to prep with retin a tretinorin and hydroquinone 3 weeks prior at night, followed by a one week break before treatment

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 06/04/2018 5:15 pm

update?

MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 04/07/2019 6:08 am

hey man. any update with the result for your temple acne scars? I have the same case like yours hopefully you are well recovered!

tomwaits liked