Notifications
Clear all

Boxcar or hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 12/02/2016 12:47 am

Some acne at the bottom of my cheeks has cleared up and it has left an area of redness. I thought it was hyperpigmentation but when I looked closely in very brightly lit mirror I can see very wide but very shallow indentation. This got me very nervous. Is this scarring or hyperpigmentatin?

MemberMember
(@qerf123)

Posted : 12/02/2016 2:14 am

If there is any sort of indentation, then its boxcar. If its just discoloring with no indentation, then its hyper pigmentation.

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 12/02/2016 2:21 am

7 minutes ago, qerf123 said:

If there is any sort of indentation, then its boxcar. If its just discoloring with no indentation, then its hyper pigmentation.

The indentation is very very shallow, I could easily get rid of it right?

MemberMember
(@qerf123)

Posted : 12/02/2016 2:36 am

9 minutes ago, mynameisacne said:
17 minutes ago, qerf123 said:

The indentation is very very shallow, I could easily get rid of it right?

Don't want to destroy your optimism, but it's usually very hard to achieve 100% normal (flat, 0% indention) skin. There are things that can make it better (less noticeable), but it will still be there.

Just remember that you will critic your skin the hardest. Other people will usually not notice nor care as much since they have their own insecurity to worry about. Don't let a shallow indentation take over your life!

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 12/02/2016 5:46 am

3 hours ago, qerf123 said:
Don't want to destroy your optimism, but it's usually very hard to achieve 100% normal (flat, 0% indention) skin. There are things that can make it better (less noticeable), but it will still be there.

Just remember that you will critic your skin the hardest. Other people will usually not notice nor care as much since they have their own insecurity to worry about. Don't let a shallow indentation take over your life!

There is literally indents on every part of my cheeks some deeper then others. cant I get rid of some

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/02/2016 11:47 am

Please read the section in the faq skin: reds etc. Described is PIE and PIH from acne.