Notifications
Clear all

Dermarolling and Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 11/26/2016 11:51 am

I am 18 years old and have suffered with acne for 4 years now. Last year i finally got it under control with Benzoyl Peroxide which I apply once pr. day to my face.

However I have a couple of nasty boxcar scars on my cheeks and temples which I would like to treat with a dermaroller.

My question is if it is safe to use BP the days after dermarolling or will it affect the healing progress because it's drying? I am not planning to use BP right after dermarolling, but 48 hours after rolling i think of applying it? Will the dermarolling be less succesful because of this?

Thank you.:D

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/26/2016 4:46 pm

Do not use BP and micro-roll. It's not sterile. It's asking for infection. Wait at least 48hrs after dermarolling to apply anything. The only thing you can apply is sterile 100% HA serum (search amazon). This can go into the skin, no other ingredients can be mixed with it. This causes reaction and possibly infection deep in the skin.

If you have acne do not dermaroll in that area, you can spread the bacteria and cause worse infections all over. Use rubbing alcohol 91%spray on or dribble to disinfect in between. Also Cleanse your skin pre roller, and use it on the area to be treated, I also do Hibiclens (from the drugstore) to kill bacteria. If you don't have one of those iodine can be safely used, but causes the skin to brown.

Applying BP 48hrs after will do nothing internally to the skin, it's topical.

MemberMember
(@anti-acne-kid)

Posted : 01/23/2023 7:51 pm

So do we not use the regiment for 2 days? How are we supposed to wash our face then?