Notifications
Clear all

Unique scar on face, Need community input!

MemberMember
(@chrisslee91)

Posted : 11/08/2016 12:38 am

Hey guys, new member here.

Background:

I got this scar when I was very young. At around 10-11 years old. I remember exactly how I got it. I was bicycling in my neighborhood very fast and somehow I ran over a piece of wood or a rock causing me to fall down on my face. My face was then smeared across the concrete at a very fast speed until I eventually stopped. I stood up and my grandma immediately noticed blood coming out of my face. 

She went inside the house and brought out SALT. She then took a chunk of salt and SMEARED it all over the wound (after the blood was cleaned up). From that point on, there has been no surgeries or examination until recently when I grew up to become an adult and noticed that the scar was bugging me was morning because it was on my face.  It looks to me as if the scar eventually healed on its own left a piece of history on my face (laugh out loud) and this is how it turned out today.

Over time when I started to grow, it remained the same size. The color of it used to be very red, but now it has become a tad bit lighter.

Seeking Professional Help : 

I went to a couple of plastic surgeons and they brushed me off (denied to perform an operation) because it was too small or they didn't have the ability to do it.

I went to go and try laser therapy, and they did little to no help.

Exploring natural methods:

I went on amazon and looked at scar healing products. I have tried a couple with little to no success. Here are the products.

BIO-OIL - Little success

INSTA NATURAL SCAR GEL - Little to no success

MERDERMA (FOR SCARS)  - Little to no success

Here are the pics.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2268 (1).JPG

As you can see, the scar is barely visible from a far. but up close in person it is.

After a shower, it starts to become red for about 10-15 minutes and then it cools down to normal color. The same thing happens when I drink alcohol.

It is the only piece of skin on my face that turns red. Everything else stays the same. 

11/7/2016

I have went to a dermatologist last year and he told me that he is ACNE SCARRING and prescribed me some medication that I didn't end up taking.

I was very skeptical so I decided to put it off till now.

I am looking for natural ways to fix this and I did find this piece of information from HEALTH TAP regarding my scar. 

Scars are red because of the blood vessels under them. The greater the vascularity or the thinner the scar, the redder it will appear. Temporary redness can be caused by exercise or warmer temperatures.

I am having small success with the BIO-OIL as it is making the scar less visible. But I dont think it is solving the problem.

I do plan on going to a dermatologist fairly soon, but before I do, would you guys know any products or any advice on how I can get rid of this?

Thanks for reading.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/09/2016 4:59 am

If it is that old more than likely it's "PIH", treatment instructions in the FAQ there is more on this. Medication will do nothing. Steroids is what they are probably offering. Try alsoskin bleaching cream.If it does not resolve you may need IPL treatment at a aesthetic derms office for the brownish color.