Notifications
Clear all

Just a talk

MemberMember
(@andrewryan)

Posted : 09/14/2016 12:56 pm

Im going to cut to the chase because writing has never been my strong point. I have deep scars all over my face because from what I can tell, my spots bleed or something happens to them because they all indent. I tried going to the doctors, but they told me its fine and my skin is clear. I uh, was put off from going again because I didnt feel like I was taken seriously. I however, might cave in as my skin has gotten more spots due to stress, and they are large in size.

Like many others, I dont go outside and havent had a relationship for over 6 yrs and being alone all the time is starting to take its toll. I find myself thinking my skin has gotten better in some lights, but then I catch myself in the real light (outside or no lighting that softens the skin) and I personally feel like I am a mess. It doesnt help that somebody called me ugly while I was out with friends at a club.

I dermaroll every two weeks with the highest needle and own TCA face peel acid at 30% (I believe). Using the acid is tricky because the skin will go dark and peel off after two weeks. I use vitamin E cream and OZ Naturals which includes Vitamin C, E and Hyaluronic acid. I also use copper peptides after rolling.

I have included pictures and I admit they dont look THAT bad in the photos but they are worse in real life. I assume its because I am using a old phone camera, or its the lighting. I do cover up with makeup, sometimes I feel good but other times you can see past all the makeup in lights or angles, so I dont know if its even worth it?

I am not sure what I am asking for here, but I really just wanted to talk because depression is tough, its just hitting me harder than before now.

Thanks for reading.

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 09/14/2016 1:36 pm

First off, what's "the highest needle" and if it's 2-2.5mm you really shouldn't be doing that to your face. Scars suck, yours aren't that bad but they probably look worse in different lighting.

Go to a Dermatologist, they won't diminish your suffering. Maybe Infini might help. Keep rolling but maybe with shorter needles. How long have you been rolling?

MemberMember
(@andrewryan)

Posted : 09/14/2016 1:42 pm

6 minutes ago, somethingsomethingagain said:

First off, what's "the highest needle" and if it's 2-2.5mm you really shouldn't be doing that to your face. Scars suck, yours aren't that bad but they probably look worse in different lighting.

Go to a Dermatologist, they won't diminish your suffering. Maybe Infini might help. Keep rolling but maybe with shorter needles. How long have you been rolling?

Thanks for the reply !! The needles were in fact 2mm. I dermarolledonce a month for 1 yr and didn't see a difference so I increased the amount. This has been going on for almost 2 yrs now. Truth be told, it's been not consistent this year because the equipment is expensive and I usually swap out the needle after 2 - 3 uses.

I tried using a smaller needle for most of this year, but again didn't see a difference.

Is there any way to prevent scarring? That spot in the first picture will no doubt indent.

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 09/14/2016 2:05 pm

They dont look bad to me either however i know you said you doctor was rubbish but please go back and seek help for the depression. I am suffering on an almost daily basis and have plucked up the courage to book in and try and get help especially as my closest friends and family seem to think im seeing things ( i know im not)

Just know your not alone as a normal person i wouldnt look at your face and think wtf i dont even think i would notice anything. We are our own worst enemies. Chin up and try and hang in there although easier said than done i know.

MemberMember
(@andrewryan)

Posted : 09/15/2016 9:40 am

19 hours ago, clareabella said:

They dont look bad to me either however i know you said you doctor was rubbish but please go back and seek help for the depression. I am suffering on an almost daily basis and have plucked up the courage to book in and try and get help especially as my closest friends and family seem to think im seeing things ( i know im not)

Just know your not alone as a normal person i wouldnt look at your face and think wtf i dont even think i would notice anything. We are our own worst enemies. Chin up and try and hang in there although easier said than done i know.

Thank you for the response. I will book an appointment tomorrow and see if I can re-visit the dermatologist. Do you have any advice for the spot on my cheek to stop it scarring? It's quite large and I don't want another piece marked.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 09/15/2016 10:10 am

I know how you feel. I check my skin in the same spots around the house and I know they are improving, but I looked horrendous this morning at sunrise in my car. After the sun rose in the sky it looked a bit better but seeing your skin like that can really fuck your mood up.

Im working on needling now and am going to order some TCA next month. I am seeing a small improvement so I might as well keep with it, but I think needling is meant to be one piece to the puzzle. Have you considered subision/fillers and TCA cross? I didnt see your pics so I dont know if that treatment would be appropriate for you scar type. Im going to try subcision with filler on my cheeks and TCA cross on my temples and forehead early 2017.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/16/2016 6:39 am

Get professional help. You can use a korean bb cream before going out to cover the scars

MemberMember
(@andrewryan)

Posted : 09/18/2016 4:33 pm

On 9/15/2016 at 4:10 PM, QuanHenry said:

I know how you feel. I check my skin in the same spots around the house and I know they are improving, but I looked horrendous this morning at sunrise in my car. After the sun rose in the sky it looked a bit better but seeing your skin like that can really fuck your mood up.

Im working on needling now and am going to order some TCA next month. I am seeing a small improvement so I might as well keep with it, but I think needling is meant to be one piece to the puzzle. Have you considered subision/fillers and TCA cross? I didnt see your pics so I dont know if that treatment would be appropriate for you scar type. Im going to try subcision with filler on my cheeks and TCA cross on my temples and forehead early 2017.

I apologize for getting back to you this late. I didn't think anybody else would respond so I took down the pictures. I have heard of TCA Cross but isn't that something you would need a professional for? If so, I could start putting money to one side for that treatment, as I hear it's good for people in my case.

In low spirits today because spots which didn't seem large in size have left large indents on my face, and I am expecting another dent from a large spot on my face. They seem to bleed on their own, and I have no idea why.

I will continue derma rolling my skin every 2 weeks withOz Naturals Vit c w/hyaluronic acid and GHK-Cu Copper Peptide .

I have also got in touch with my doctor to be referred to my dermatologist, but that will take time to set up.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 09/18/2016 7:19 pm

Yeah youll need a pro to do TCA cross. Some people attempt it themselves but its far too risky imo.