Notifications
Clear all

Will my scars heal with time?

MemberMember
(@alex20978)

Posted : 09/06/2016 5:48 pm

Will my scarring improve with time?
I had a horrible breakout from July-about a week ago.
It's just now clearing up, so they are pretty new scars.  I do have a little makeup on.  I'm feeling very self conscious and down on myself but trying to be positive, and convince myself the worst is over.

FullSizeRender.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/06/2016 6:26 pm

Deleted

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/06/2016 7:08 pm

I second with beautiful said. My derm performs Vbeam perfecta and 30% salycylic acid peels in one go. This combo prevents future breakouts and also combats the discoloration: hyperpigmentation and the red marks. I pay $90 for both.

What's your regimen like?.. and do you know what triggered your breakout?

MemberMember
(@alex20978)

Posted : 09/06/2016 8:50 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Checkout the FAQ below. I would start using Retin A gel for cell turnover. Also possibly doing a acid peel with a derm oresthetician. For the discoloration you can use skin bleaching cream to even out the tone or get a few V-beams done which will help with your color.

Thank you for the advice! I see my derm next week and will talk with him about it!

1 hour ago, Robertitoo said:

I second with beautiful said. My derm performs Vbeam perfecta and 30% salycylic acid peels in one go. This combo prevents future breakouts and also combats the discoloration: hyperpigmentation and the red marks. I pay $90 for both.

What's your regimen like?.. and do you know what triggered your breakout?

So, in May my dad was diagnosed with cancer, I changed jobs, and also moved... so I started breaking out due to stress... little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
My derm put me on Ortho Tri Cyclen to regulate my hormones during this stressful time in my life and the BC caused me to have a SEVERE cystic outbreak. I stuck through it though and I've been on it since July 7th and it's finally calming down. I wish I had a picture from July 30th... literally 20 cysts on each cheek.
Current regimen is taking 100mg doxycycline around 11am after breakfast, then taking BC pill before bed. I wash once or twice a day with CeraVe cleanser and use Black Cumin oil to moisturize.
What concerns me is that I have some spots on my cheeks that seem like shallow rolling scars... not horrible... but I guess really it has only been a couple of weeks since I stopped breaking out.

I also cut out dairy, sugar and wheat about 3 weeks ago and have been drinking lots of tea (green and rooibos)... LOTS of water... and using a honey mask at night. Literally just honey. I use oatmeal to exfoliate about once a week.
I had an allergy test done in May and they told me I was allergic to soy and peanuts but dairy and wheat were fine, I'm just trying to steer clear of anything irritating.