Notifications
Clear all

Scar Cream

MemberMember
(@awkwardjoe)

Posted : 08/17/2016 8:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum community so I guess a little bit about me. I had severe acne in my late teens and was on Accutane which helped however left me with a few large pot marks around my cheek bones. This has led to me being very self-conscious about my appearance and socially awkward. I have tried fraxel and CO2 numerous times with little improvement and have always struggled with the amount of money each treatment costs and the down time required. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with any creams or have other recommendations.

Let me know and thanks for everyone sharing their stories and experiences.

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 08/17/2016 9:58 pm

Topicals won't do anything for scars bad enough that you have tried co2 and fraxel. You need to identify which type of scars you have byposting a clear picture here or looking at the FAQ thread and identifying them yourself.

MemberMember
(@awkwardjoe)

Posted : 08/20/2016 9:00 pm

Thank you for the response. I have Atrophic scars and really am just sick of wasting money and time on treatments that dont work. I know there is no miracle solution but there are a lot of creams on the market and wanted to see if anyone had any luck with some of them.

Thanks again for everyones support on here and best of luck to everyone.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 08/21/2016 1:21 am

I know it's disappointing but even the most expensive creams won't do anything for atrophic scarring. There are treatments with varying degrees of success depending on the type of scar being treated: Subcision, chemical peels, TCA cross, microdermabrasion, microneedling, punch excision to name a few, all with their own inherent risks. Do as much research as possible before choosing any of these procedures.

PCT14 liked