Notifications
Clear all

Does nd yag laser treat ice pick scars?

MemberMember
(@urlikeahurricane)

Posted : 07/30/2016 1:09 pm

Hi, i found this clinic  in Finland which does nd yag laser(fotona) , 300 euro per time, the doctor told me that i need to do 2 times judging by my situation, but i am not really familar with this type of   laser, in fact,i have never heard of it before, i am not even sure if my scars are gonna respond well to this laser.  Since she doesnt not speak English well, we didnt have a long conversation.  Please find my pictures attached.  Thank you for your comments.

cheek.png

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 07/31/2016 3:22 am

I never heard about that laser too?!? You look like the best candidate for TCA cross . Wait for more replies bcz that lasser sound like a bullshi*.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 07/31/2016 4:21 am

Lasers dont work.

MemberMember
(@urlikeahurricane)

Posted : 07/31/2016 10:04 am

Thank you, would 50% tca help? If I do it carefully in the winter.

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

You posted twice I believe..., I answered the other post hrs ago. I will delete the other one.

""No, while it does close up pores if they get the skin over 50 Celsius it does not get rid of deep icepics. TCA Cross is the gold standard for this. Find a doctor who can do this first, then follow up with laser if you see improvement. Sounds like he is selling a machine not what is best for the condition. If you want to do the TCA CROSS yourself checkout the link for the FAQ below.""

hi, thank you, would 50%tca cross help? If I do it in the proper way in winter. Here in finland, the hightest I can find is tca 40% (not cross)charged for 350 euro.

6 hours ago, sadnesssss said:

I never heard about that laser too?!? You look like the best candidate for TCA cross . Wait for more replies bcz that lasser sound like a bullshi*.

hi, thank you, what percentage would you recommend?

MemberMember
(@urlikeahurricane)

Posted : 08/01/2016 1:45 am

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Have you tried Amazon and ebay? Maybe there is a regulation that only doctors can use more. Have a friend from elsewhere send it. 50% or 40% is fine. You just will have to do it more often to see results, won't be as drastic. Or you can goto a doctor ;-P

Thank you so much, I have already sent out some emails to some plastic surgery centre to see if they do tca cross. And also I went to another place, they suggested me to do the eribum laser, do u think this is gonna help? Perhaps as a combination with TCA or just stand alone?

MemberMember
(@urlikeahurricane)

Posted : 08/01/2016 1:21 pm

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Don't think about Erbium until you do TCA Cross and see how you do with a couple rounds. Erbium does nothing for ice pics as they are deep. You can even do cross yourself or have someone else do it.

Don't let them sell you both do cross, see how you go, then decide if you want erbium or a full face TCA peel. You have to pop them up first, it will take months to heal.

hi,thank you so much , i guess i will just have to wait for winter to come then. But what about the scattered boxcar scars that i have ?Would lasers help? I am just not really comfortable with doing TCA-cross on boxcar , but ice pick seems fine to me (tooth stick in the pitted hole, swift in and out ,but theres no freaking holes for boxcar,so i am thinking if lasers could help boxcar,maybe i could do laser first to treat the boxcar, and then TCA in winter for ice pick.)

MemberMember
(@urlikeahurricane)

Posted : 08/01/2016 4:31 pm

8 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Boxcars you can start with microneedling, also a full face TCA peel. Erbium should be after you try non energy methods

What is non energy methods? And what % for full face TCA?

And. So sorry for asking u so many questions, I guess I will start with 25% full face, and meanwhile look for the FQAs.

MemberMember
(@urlikeahurricane)

Posted : 08/02/2016 12:33 pm

17 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Please read the FAQ its in my signature for every comment 😉 Non- Energy is not using energy methods first aka laser which is a ending point for minimal texture improvement not a beginning. (See Below Link)

Hi, i have read every single comment from your FAQ about TCA-cross. But i still wanna ask just to make sure , is it really necessary to rinse off TCA with cold water after a few minutes of the procedure since "TCA isself-neutralizing"?