Getting friends
Getting a partner
Getting laid
Getting a job
Playing sports
Eating out
Shopping in public
Sightseeing

Basically ANYTHING which envloves going out and being in contact with people ( i only leave the house for food or therapy)

Just LOL at how im treated now vs when I had clear skin. Night and day boys night and day. Even my grandmas cat which always wanted to be petted by me runs away from me now

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:17 pm

On 7/4/2016 at 9:28 AM, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:

For me literally everything, anything I enjoyed before I no longer can enjoy
Getting friends
Getting a partner
Getting laid
Getting a job
Playing sports
Eating out
Shopping in public
Sightseeing

Basically ANYTHING which envloves going out and being in contact with people ( i only leave the house for food or therapy)

Just LOL at how im treated now vs when I had clear skin. Night and day boys night and day. Even my grandmas cat which always wanted to be petted by me runs away from me now

are you on mental disability?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/09/2016 7:10 pm

Attending friends/families weddings
holiday parties
birthday parties
in fact, any party
picnics in the park
going to the beach
dating
Going to the office
swimming
camping
traveling
playing sports
getting my hair cut
Anything that requires me to look in a mirror

the sun, wind, and overhead lighting are public enemy number one. And who knew an elevator could cause panic attacks?

Basically enjoying life. I am no longer living. I am merely surviving.

MemberMember
(@ai3forever)

Posted : 07/10/2016 7:29 am

Basically getting into relationships, Its not the same anymore and it makes a difference I can feel it.
Friends you still can make basically because they don't really care if you have scars but finding a partner is hard. I tried dating and stuff but you know subconsciously I cant get too close to girls, because I dont want someone dating me to see my scars up too close and it feels weird and people think im shy (But without the scars im not), its like trapped in a prison, you want to express yourself but you cant. And people can sense you being abit off and they dont dare to look at you.

Worst thing is parents and friends keep pressuring you, saying you dont know how to get girls and stuff. Like facing scars is already tough, and the constant berating from others and mental torture is crazy. I know I can get any hot girl I want if I was scar free but there is no way to prove it except it being a fact in my mind.

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/10/2016 8:54 am

1 hour ago, AI3forever said:

Basically getting into relationships, Its not the same anymore and it makes a difference I can feel it.
Friends you still can make basically because they don't really care if you have scars but finding a partner is hard. I tried dating and stuff but you know subconsciously I cant get too close to girls, because I dont want someone dating me to see my scars up too close and it feels weird and people think im shy (But without the scars im not), its like trapped in a prison, you want to express yourself but you cant. And people can sense you being abit off and they dont dare to look at you.

Worst thing is parents and friends keep pressuring you, saying you dont know how to get girls and stuff. Like facing scars is already tough, and the constant berating from others and mental torture is crazy. I know I can get any hot girl I want if I was scar free but there is no way to prove it except it being a fact in my mind.

carbon copy of me tbh

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 07/10/2016 10:08 am

It has only really affected relationships like the above poster says. I'm 100% sure I would of had a gf by now if I had clear skin, but oh well I can just keep hoping :/ 

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 07/10/2016 1:47 pm

Please, people. It is not the acne or scars that prevents you from doing something, it your attitude towards your acne or scars that prevents you from doing things. This is a crucial difference as the first one you may not control but the second one you can.

And as long as you stay with this negative attitude -focussing on what you can't do instead of what you can do- nothing is ever really going to change.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/10/2016 2:06 pm

13 minutes ago, arte90 said:

Please, people. It is not the acne or scars that prevents you from doing something, it your attitude towards your acne or scars that prevents you from doing things. This is a crucial difference as the first one you may not control but the second one you can.

And as long as you stay with this negative attitude -focussing on what you can't do instead of what you can do- nothing is ever really going to change.

No one here is saying that the scars physically prevent them from doing these things. Obviously, it's a mental problem. Yeah, of course we could say fuck it and go do all of those things. But the mental agony of having scarred skin on public display ruins it for many of us.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/10/2016 2:19 pm

15 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
15 hours ago, arte90 said:

No one here is saying that the scars physically prevent them from doing these things. Obviously, it's a mental problem. Yeah, of course we could say fuck it and go do all of those things. But the mental agony of having scarred skin on public display ruins it for many of us.

Some people are more capable of handling stress than others, its just brain chemicals or genetics or whatever. I've been so stressed over my issues including acne I went to a mental hospital. I'm dealing better now but I'm on meds which have their oiwn side effects. Not everybody is able to get mental help they need. Im not bothered as much by anxiety or acne but Im very complacent and had weight gain and low energy from antidepressants. Its a trade.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 07/10/2016 2:30 pm

One of my close friends has cystic acne covering most of his face.

He just broke up with his hot ex girlfriend and moved to another.

You guys could learn a couple things.