Notifications
Clear all

Terproline cream

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/09/2016 5:21 pm

Based on some recommendations, I went ahead and purchased some Terproline face cream to complement my micro-needling treatments.

However, what's confused me is that I received a smaller, sample-size tube of "Terproline EGF" along with my order.

Having Googled it, this particular type of EGF cream (epidermal growth factor)seems to be suitable for use after things like laser and needling treatments as it serves to help healing.

So, sounds like it fits the bill - however, seeing as the standard face cream is what I ordered - it has left me a bit confused as to which product of the two I am better off using. Anyone know what the differences are? From what I can make out, they appear to be essentially the same thing. What I ordered though is billed as helping with skin firming and elasticising, as well as the same stuff as EGF.

Had I just received what I ordered I simply would have started using it but because I've been given the choice of two I'm totally confused...

Jade11 liked
MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/11/2016 6:26 am

Well, I ended up using the EGF cream to begin with which has now been used up. I figured that if it is suitable for use in the immediate aftermath of a skin treatment then why not use it before moving onto the main cream. Maybe that's why it's in there but there's no instruction booklet to explain that...

Only trouble is, it makes me wonder if I should buy the EGF cream itself in the future. Oh well, I was recommended the standard Terproline face cream so that's what I'll use...

The ingredients don't appear to differ that much for it to make a significant difference anyway.

MemberMember
(@triedmanythings)

Posted : 08/18/2016 9:44 am

On 11/5/2016 at 1:26 PM, Paul B said:

Well, I ended up using the EGF cream to begin with which has now been used up. I figured that if it is suitable for use in the immediate aftermath of a skin treatment then why not use it before moving onto the main cream. Maybe that's why it's in there but there's no instruction booklet to explain that...

Only trouble is, it makes me wonder if I should buy the EGF cream itself in the future. Oh well, I was recommended the standard Terproline face cream so that's what I'll use... 

The ingredients don't appear to differ that much for it to make a significant difference anyway. 

do you still use EGF cream or the original terproline cream you choosed in the first place ? with the needling ? and how goes with the needling treatment? 

-sorry for all the question :/
Simon, DK

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 08/19/2016 3:09 pm

Generally, EGF creams are used after needling (or damaging the epidermis) to stimulate collagen growth,

MemberMember
(@triedmanythings)

Posted : 08/21/2016 5:12 am

On 19-08-2016 at 10:09 PM, Hash said:

Generally, EGF creams are used after needling (or damaging the epidermis) to stimulate collagen growth,

so beside I use the cream right after needling, can I also use it as my rutine cream morning and night?? the months between my needling? to help even more to my skin?