Notifications
Clear all

PRP + Infini - any new developments?

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 05/04/2016 2:20 pm

This seems to be an emerging treatment, becoming very popular among different doctors. There are diverging opinions and experiences regarding Infini (RF insulated microneedling) and PRP is not even clinically proven to have any effect on the skin.

Has anyone undergone any or both of these treatments recently? What were the results? I haven't seen a lot of info around the forums about this, maybe people that know a bit more would care to comment! 

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 05/09/2016 10:49 pm

I've done two sessions of Infini, and will be going back for a third one in a few weeks. Apparently most of the results start showing at around 6 weeks mark, and continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment, so I am mainly looking at the results from the first treatment right now. I've had around 50-60% improvement on some of my more defined scars (boxcar scars), which is amazing. Sometimes I wonder if the lighting's gone bad. The only type of scars that I haven't seen noticeable results with are a couple of ice pick scars, but maybe these will improve too.

If this is mainly the result from the first treatment, then I don't see myself having scar-related problems by the end of this year if I decide to get more treatments done, since I only have moderate scarring. However the procedure is really expensive. Maybe comparable to Fraxel? I have no experience with Fraxel so who knows.

My doctor did not recommend any other treatment. There are many others who recommend doing this with PRP, but none of them had any relevant before and after pictures.

My advice is that you find a qualified, skilled doctor who had a lot of training with acne scars and these devices. Just because they use the same machine does not mean you will get the same results, especially with Infini, which has precise depth control settings. And be patient.

malia02, mariemom, Paul B and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 05/10/2016 2:06 am

Thank you for your answer!

I'd still like to ask when your first treatment was and if you meant the lighting gone bad part as it being you that improved that much.

Happy you are getting the results you expect! 🙂

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 05/10/2016 11:32 am

As far as I know Infini should get the job done for rolling scars. I had a few rolling scars and they're not as noticeable. Obviously I'm not qualified to answer what treatments you should need, but my doctor doesn't recommend any extra procedures for my scars. He just said he should be able to help me with Infini. The vibe I'm getting from the doctors I've seen is that the more skilled the doctor is, the more they can do with less.

I don't really have too many skin problems other than moderate scarring and hyperpigmentation (which should go away on their own) so I haven't noticed changes in cheek volume. All I know/care is that my scars are improving slowly but surely.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/10/2016 1:31 pm

1 hour ago, EquippedJar said:

As far as I know Infini should get the job done for rolling scars. I had a few rolling scars and they're not as noticeable. Obviously I'm not qualified to answer what treatments you should need, but my doctor doesn't recommend any extra procedures for my scars. He just said he should be able to help me with Infini. The vibe I'm getting from the doctors I've seen is that the more skilled the doctor is, the more they can do with less.

I don't really have too many skin problems other than moderate scarring and hyperpigmentation (which should go away on their own) so I haven't noticed changes in cheek volume. All I know/care is that my scars are improving slowly but surely.

Encouraging stuff.

I'm pleased for you that a) you've found someone who knows what they're doing and b) that your scars are improving.

Now I just need to research this whole process a bit more myself and find out who performs this procedure and where. Competence and locality is preferred but I'd take competence over location.

MemberMember
(@mariemom)

Posted : 10/30/2016 8:25 pm

On 5/9/2016 at 11:49 PM, EquippedJar said:

I've done two sessions of Infini, and will be going back for a third one in a few weeks. Apparently most of the results start showing at around 6 weeks mark, and continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment, so I am mainly looking at the results from the first treatment right now. I've had around 50-60% improvement on some of my more defined scars (boxcar scars), which is amazing. Sometimes I wonder if the lighting's gone bad. The only type of scars that I haven't seen noticeable results with are a couple of ice pick scars, but maybe these will improve too.

If this is mainly the result from the first treatment, then I don't see myself having scar-related problems by the end of this year if I decide to get more treatments done, since I only have moderate scarring. However the procedure is really expensive. Maybe comparable to Fraxel? I have no experience with Fraxel so who knows.

My doctor did not recommend any other treatment. There are many others who recommend doing this with PRP, but none of them had any relevant before and after pictures.

My advice is that you find a qualified, skilled doctor who had a lot of training with acne scars and these devices. Just because they use the same machine does not mean you will get the same results, especially with Infini, which has precise depth control settings. And be patient.

This is great news! I've done one session of infini and it has improved the mild/moderate scars on my cheeks, but I still need more procedures to get where I want.
Can you tell me the name and location of the doc who performed this? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cindity)

Posted : 10/30/2016 11:42 pm

On 5/10/2016 at 11:49 AM, EquippedJar said:

I had 2 sessions of Infini done too and has seen a definite elevation of the boxcar scars. However, I think Infini would be even more effective for people who has rolling scars (the ones that disappearwhen skin is stretched out) as demonstrated by Dr Davin Lim in one of his videos on Infini. Infini could be the future for the treatment of many scar types as it does not have the bad side effects associated with traditional lasers such as fat loss, and long downtime too. All the best for your skin friends!

[Edited link out]

malia02 and Bollundus liked