Notifications
Clear all

Just purchased a glycolic acid peel 30%, should i combine it with dermastamp? if so how?

MemberMember
(@deyes)

Posted : 04/24/2016 5:07 pm

Hello people, first of all im new to this forum, i suffered from acne since i was 14, im 24 now, i have acne scars wich are mild to moderate, i had one session of laser co2 when i was 18, it did nothing for my skin...when i was 20 i bought retin-a and had it on my skin every night for 2 mounths but i ended up quiting (i know it takes time) but honestly after reading reviews on internet i knew that retin-a wasn't for me, then 1 year ago i bought a dermastamp and have been using it for 6 months with long breaks, the lenght is 2m, but i losted it, my scars healed a bit but i still acne scars and open pores.... now i know that my skin is like that and i like it, i have a nice skin overall, i just have acne scars wich are craters, so i bought a chemical peel of glycolic acid 30%, should i bu uy another dermastamp?if so what length? Help me please i need advice, people told me that i should get glycolic acid and after tca acid and combine them wich a dermaroller of 0.5 because i want to use it on my forehead with vitamin c cream and also the dermastamp would make my skin better for receiving a chemical peel? i want permanent results, my skin is good like i said, i just dont want acne scars(i know they will allways be there) but some people with severe acne scars got them vanished so i know this is not a death sentence. Thank you for your time! Bless.   my scars are like this but are not so deep.

Note: Wich dermastamp lenght is the best for mild acne scars on forehead?

boxcar-acne-scars.jpg

gallery_129848_13398_341214.jpg

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 04/24/2016 11:53 pm

You probably shouldn't combine the two; start dermarolling for a while first, then when you're done give it a reasonable period of time and try the chemical peels - combining the two could lead to undesirable results, especially at 30%. Instead, you could try using copper peptides which are supposed to promote collagen and elastin production and act as an antioxidant.

As for which size stamp to use on your forehead, I'm not sure. The skin in this area is thinner than, say, on your cheek - 1 mm should be fine, I wouldn't go much higher though.

MemberMember
(@deyes)

Posted : 04/25/2016 6:14 am

so i do dermastamp and when i done i rub vitamin c all over my face and a week after i do a chemical peel?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2016 9:13 am

You can try that. Roll once every 2-3 weeks with .5mm and do a peel a week later. Intervals. Stick with .5mm-1.0mm you cars are very mild.