Notifications
Clear all

TCA cross and Subcision update

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/07/2016 2:44 pm

wanted to update you guys.its been 4 days since my 2nd subcision. this time around i had no swelling at all, no bruising, just redness from scabs of inserted needles (see previous previous page for pics). this has worried me a lot, but i have been suctioning twice a day for the past 2 days and right now as is i can already clearly see all my scars BUT they have all lifted all the way up on the left side of my face. meaning even in harsh shadows i see the scars but they are outlined circles, no depth in them at all. i love this, but i feel like as time goes by they will dip down again.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/18/2016 9:10 pm

i am freaking the hell out. 2 weeks post 2nd subcision i been picking my skin alot lately like an idiot and today i just fully shaved and ive developed new scars . look at my face in worst lighting i cant stop crying

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/18/2016 10:53 pm

2 hours ago, ScarFace6556 said:

i am freaking the hell out. 2 weeks post 2nd subcision i been picking my skin alot lately like an idiot and today i just fully shaved and ive developed new scars . look at my face in worst lighting i cant stop crying

image.jpg

I'm Sorry. That sucks. I've said it before and I'll say it again, scar treatments don't work. Quit while you're ahead before you make things worse again.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/19/2016 12:24 am

Also, whatever you do, don't get talked into lasers. I did a laser and it is causing me significant fat loss. My scar keeps getting worse. Look how much worse it has gotten.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/19/2016 7:54 pm

How did those scars form? Did you go to your doctor and ask him? He should give you a free follow up.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/20/2016 7:21 pm

On 6/18/2016 at 10:24 PM, scarredandsad34 said:

Also, whatever you do, don't get talked into lasers. I did a laser and it is causing me significant fat loss. My scar keeps getting worse. Look how much worse it has gotten.

Can you show a pic where you are not scrunching up your forehead and making it look as bad as possible?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/21/2016 1:05 am

On June 20, 2016 at 5:21 PM, blahblah82 said:
Can you show a pic where you are not scrunching up your forehead and making it look as bad as possible?  

I was just trying to show how bad the fat loss is. My forehead doesn't move right anymore. It's part of the overall disfigurement and nothing can fix it. My scar is very severe because my muscle was cut. But here are some more static pictures. The sad thing is if I move my eyebrows down, the scar is much more less noticeable. I guess I'll have to go around with an angry face 24/7 :(

I've even tried Botox but it made everything look worse.

Have you heard of EDS? See below. I don't have that condition, but it seems to describe my skin type and healing outcome. I can pinch and pull up a gob of skin on all of my joints. Nothing can make this better. I'm fucked.

The Classical Type of EDS  is characterized by highly elastic, soft, and doughy skin; unusual scarring; and loose joints.  This type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome combines the types formerly called I and II.  Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Classical Type is a subtype of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. 

On a scale of 1-10, how disfiguring do you all think my scar is?

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/21/2016 2:05 am

honestly i will take that prominent line over my acne scars any day. you dont have acne scars, be grateful. this is an acne forum after all. i would trade the pain of a trauma scar than having to had to deal with breakouts daily, red marks, pills such as accutane and now minocycline, thousands spent on products and treatments, and the worry of every breakout being permanent. you do NOT have that problem. as far as my latest pic, thats the harshest lighting. that 1 scar on my lower cheek was never there before. i let my dr do subcision in that spot when i shouldnt have because there was no indentation there, idk what he was looking at. on the bright side, im waiting for my beard to grow out again as it covers all those scars.

PLUS scarredandsad, whats unfortunate is you are a female. if i was a male and i had a deep scar on my forehead like that i really wouldnt care if the rest of my face was smooth.

anyway, the left side near my mouth where i had 2 scars have lifted fully up boys. thats the good news, bad news is the other side around my mouth i let him do subcision on what i thought was smooth skin, trusting him. looking at old photos i never had anything there, and i have a deep ice pick scar now. yay.

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 06/21/2016 2:14 am

Does anyone know of any doctors/dermatologists within the UK who's able to carry out TCA Cross? I'm struggling to find a clinic myself, any help would be appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@utmostgeese)

Posted : 06/21/2016 6:27 am

4 hours ago, Thetwald said:

Does anyone know of any doctors/dermatologists within the UK who's able to carry out TCA Cross? I'm struggling to find a clinic myself, any help would be appreciated :)

Dr chu at west London dermatology clinic

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 06/21/2016 7:56 am

6 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
I was just trying to show how bad the fat loss is. My forehead doesn't move right anymore. It's part of the overall disfigurement and nothing can fix it. My scar is very severe because my muscle was cut. But here are some more static pictures. The sad thing is if I move my eyebrows down, the scar is much more less noticeable. I guess I'll have to go around with an angry face 24/7 :(

I've even tried Botox but it made everything look worse.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Have you heard of EDS? See below. I don't have that condition, but it seems to describe my skin type and healing outcome. I can pinch and pull up a gob of skin on all of my joints. Nothing can make this better. I'm fucked.

The Classical Type of EDS  is characterized by highly elastic, soft, and doughy skin; unusual scarring; and loose joints.  This type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome combines the types formerly called I and II.  Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Classical Type is a subtype of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. 

On a scale of 1-10, how disfiguring do you all think my scar is?

Your scar is obvious but it hardly warrants some of the reactions in the posts you make. You are right, Botox is making it look worse, now you know fillers won't work. Give it time to subside and re-evaluate, keep working to make small improvements but don't rush into a new treatment. Most of us have no experience with this type of scar, are there options to address the muscle damage?
This one scar doesn't have to define your face. Look up some pictures of the actress Tina Fey, her face was cut by a stranger when she was 5 and she is still beautiful.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/21/2016 10:13 am

1 hour ago, PCT14 said:
Your scar is obvious but it hardly warrants some of the reactions in the posts you make. You are right, Botox is making it look worse, now you know fillers won't work. Give it time to subside and re-evaluate, keep working to make small improvements but don't rush into a new treatment. Most of us have no experience with this type of scar, are there options to address the muscle damage?
This one scar doesn't have to define your face. Look up some pictures of the actress Tina Fey, her face was cut by a stranger when she was 5 and she is still beautiful.

The Botox has already worn off. The scar keeps getting worse.

there are no more treatment options. This is what I'm stuck with.

my scar is much worse than Tina Fey's. And It would be a bad thing to have a scar like hers. She is not famous for her looks.

The bottom line is my forehead is ruined and this significantly reduces my quality of life. And scar treatments are a waste of time and money. For pretty much everyone. Once you are scarred, you are fucked.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/21/2016 11:43 am

Tina Fey is hot

MonroeQT liked
MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 06/21/2016 2:16 pm

7 hours ago, UtmostGeese said:
12 hours ago, Thetwald said:

Dr chu at west London dermatology clinic

I emailed the clinic and was told that Dr Chu does not work there :(

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/21/2016 3:27 pm

On 6/18/2016 at 10:24 PM, scarredandsad34 said:

So you're saying that your forehead is completely relaxed in the second set of pictures? If so it looks like the skin is elevated top and bottom, and that the actual indentation looks much worse because of the mounds of skin. Is this correct?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/22/2016 12:57 pm

21 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

So you're saying that your forehead is completely relaxed in the second set of pictures? If so it looks like the skin is elevated top and bottom, and that the actual indentation looks much worse because of the mounds of skin. Is this correct?

It's not totally relaxed. That is just the slightest amount of movement when I smile.

Even totally relaxed, it looks indented and wide. It's a very fucked up scar.

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 06/22/2016 1:20 pm

Regarding 'Dr Chu', is his first name Anthony? There is a Prof Anthony Chu listed at their Hammersmith hospital dermatology clinic.

MemberMember
(@utmostgeese)

Posted : 06/22/2016 2:12 pm

51 minutes ago, Thetwald said:

Regarding 'Dr Chu', is his first name Anthony? There is a Prof Anthony Chu listed at their Hammersmith hospital dermatology clinic.

Yes. You need a referral from your docto see him there. If you call west London dermatology, you should be able to get an appointment.

Thetwald liked
MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 06/22/2016 2:28 pm

15 minutes ago, UtmostGeese said:
1 hour ago, Thetwald said:

Yes. You need a referral from your docto see him there. If you call west London dermatology, you should be able to get an appointment.

Thank you so very much :)

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/22/2016 2:52 pm

guys i cant handle this anymore. im ready to leave this world. skin issues have ruined my life. goodbye

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 06/22/2016 3:33 pm

Man!
What the hell!!!

Hope you are kidding. Your mention about 2 scars getting better should make you happier right?

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/22/2016 3:57 pm

yeah they looked like they were getting better but they dipped down again today looking in the mirror. its not just my scarring, its my overall sin texture. those 2 scars dipped back down but they arent that deep, what bothers me more is the huge lump i have above the 2 scars. i have a non acne linear scar on my left temple. i grow out my beard just to cover up my pitted scarring on my right jawline. it sucks because the left side of my face on the jawline and cheeks where i cover with hair are completely smooth. i know you cant talk about suicide on these forums but im just letting you all know il be leaving. i have intense anxiety everyday from the moment i wake up, i do not want to get out of bed. anytime i do go out i wonder why im the only one in the building with facial scarring.bye.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/27/2016 8:36 pm

On June 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM, ScarFace6556 said:

yeah they looked like they were getting better but they dipped down again today looking in the mirror. its not just my scarring, its my overall sin texture. those 2 scars dipped back down but they arent that deep, what bothers me more is the huge lump i have above the 2 scars. i have a non acne linear scar on my left temple. i grow out my beard just to cover up my pitted scarring on my right jawline. it sucks because the left side of my face on the jawline and cheeks where i cover with hair are completely smooth. i know you cant talk about suicide on these forums but im just letting you all know il be leaving. i have intense anxiety everyday from the moment i wake up, i do not want to get out of bed. anytime i do go out i wonder why im the only one in the building with facial scarring.bye.

I think you should try a non permanent filler. The risk of blindness is really only for an injection near the eye. It is virtually nonexistent for where your scars are located. I didn't go blind with my filler.

PCT14 liked