Notifications
Clear all

Indented red scars

MemberMember
(@novai95)

Posted : 04/07/2016 11:27 am

I have atrophic boxscar and rolling scars all over my cheeks. The indents bother me but what is worse is the redness of these indents. Why are the indents still red after 3 years, shouldn't they have faded in color even if the indents remain? They get even more red when I rub them.

Has anyone ever dealt with this and what can i do about removing the redness from my indented scars? Thanks

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 04/07/2016 2:54 pm

See a dermatologists. 3 years is a long time, the redness should have faded.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/07/2016 6:24 pm

Are you using sunscreen? An indented scar can become pink, red, or purpleish from the sun.

Also, rubbing your face is always a bad idea.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 04/08/2016 4:19 pm

On 4/7/2016 at 9:27 AM, Novai95 said:

I have atrophic boxscar and rolling scars all over my cheeks. The indents bother me but what is worse is the redness of these indents. Why are the indents still red after 3 years, shouldn't they have faded in color even if the indents remain? They get even more red when I rub them.

Has anyone ever dealt with this and what can i do about removing the redness from my indented scars? Thanks

I hve the same thing. I rub it and it gets more red..mine has been there for two years...its slightly fading..a little..i went to a derm and she said it was my vascular muscles ...so she zapped me once with a v beam laser..ill update if it completely ever fades.

MemberMember
(@novai95)

Posted : 04/08/2016 5:39 pm

1 hour ago, ScarFace6556 said:
I hve the same thing. I rub it and it gets more red..mine has been there for two years...its slightly fading..a little..i went to a derm and she said it was my vascular muscles ...so she zapped me once with a v beam laser..ill update if it completely ever fades.

Yes, please do. Anyone else have/had this same problem of the indented scars being red? Do they ever fade in color with the skin around them?

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 04/08/2016 5:45 pm

6 minutes ago, Novai95 said:
1 hour ago, ScarFace6556 said:

Yes, please do. Anyone else have/had this same problem of the indented scars being red? Do they ever fade in color with the skin around them?

yeah il keep you updated..its like a dark pink kind of color and when you press on it it gets super red..