Notifications
Clear all

TCA CROSS/Subcision in Minnesota

MemberMember
(@awesome-possum)

Posted : 03/17/2016 4:46 pm

Hi all,

I just got done with a consultation with a dermatologist for acne scar treatments. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with the options even though I think the dermatologist had the best intentions. The options were essentially Fraxel laser or dermabrasion. From what I've been reading here and other sites/articles, TCA Cross works best for ice pick scars (which is what I have on my temples) and rolling scars (which I have on one of my cheeks).

With all that said, I've scoured the internet looking for dermatologists/plastic surgeons in Minnesota (where I live) that offer TCA CROSS and/or subcision and have come up with nothing. Not a single option for these two treatments. So my question is, does anyone happen to know if there are any dermatologists or plastic surgeons in the state of Minnesota that offer one or both of these treatments? If not, does anyone know the best way to find them as I cannot find anything on these treatment options that are not out of state.

Thanks in advance for any help!

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 03/23/2016 5:40 pm

Clarus Dermatology does TCA Cross.
Tareen Dermatology does TCA Cross and subcision done by an assistant. Otherwise the closest place I have found is Dr Despain in Missouri! It's depressing how the Dr's around here aren't skilled in the cheap, simple, EFFECTIVE procedures ! Hope this helps:)

MemberMember
(@awesome-possum)

Posted : 05/03/2016 11:57 am

On 3/23/2016 at 5:40 PM, Ang22 said:

Clarus Dermatology does TCA Cross.
Tareen Dermatology does TCA Cross and subcision done by an assistant. Otherwise the closest place I have found is Dr Despain in Missouri! It's depressing how the Dr's around here aren't skilled in the cheap, simple, EFFECTIVE procedures ! Hope this helps:)

I am not sure why I didn't get a message that there was a response to this thread but thank you so much! Totally agreed! There are so many dermatology offices here but hardly any of them offer these solutions. It's all lasers.

I will be scheduling an appointment. Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/03/2016 8:54 pm

Ive just had an awful experience with subcision and will probably have to undergo facial reconstruction. I would never let anyone who isnt a dermatologic plastic surgeon do this to you!!!

If i were you, or anyone for that matter, try one small area first then proceed after results are appreciated. Im so glad i didnt let them perform additional areas they pointed out. Im already suffering. Good luck

MemberMember
(@awesome-possum)

Posted : 05/05/2016 12:39 pm

On 5/4/2016 at 8:54 PM, michiganmom said:

Ive just had an awful experience with subcision and will probably have to undergo facial reconstruction. I would never let anyone who isnt a dermatologic plastic surgeon do this to you!!!

If i were you, or anyone for that matter, try one small area first then proceed after results are appreciated. Im so glad i didnt let them perform additional areas they pointed out. Im already suffering. Good luck

How long ago did you have the procedure done? I have seen images that took at least 6-8 weeks for the procedure to completely heal and see results. I could be wrong so if anyone with a lot of knowledge on this specific procedure could chime in, that'd be awesome.

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/05/2016 1:20 pm

Its been 6.5 weeks, im seeing a facial plastics tomorrow. Please be careful.