Notifications
Clear all

Needling Basics--Help

MemberMember
(@svetlana_12)

Posted : 02/17/2016 11:43 am

Hello everyone,

I have several scars on my face which I intend to needle. I have needled in the past with good results but they are gradual and as healing takes a long time and it is hard to go out like that, I have not been able to be consistent.

I needled about 4 small areas of my face last night using an ultra fine lancet. One of the areas on my forehead is now really dark red.It bledas I was needling as well. If I go a little aggressive with the single needling, this happens but if I do it relatively lightly, the redness and scabbing the following days are not very noticeable.

Is the latter method still effective (i.e. light needling that does not result in very noticeable scabbing) ? Because if it is, I would be better able to keep up with treatments without thempreventing me from going out, working, etc.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 02/19/2016 7:13 am

Please stop needling with lancets, you dont want this happening to your skin: Use a dermasta'mp instead, theyre like 8 bucks.

[Edited link out] ie, tearing it up.

You NEED a prick density of 200 pricks per cm^2 for needling to work optimally

Im finding it really difficult to imagine you getting that density on such small spots you describe, ergo, the scabbing is too much. your needling is too dense, and the state of the pins isnt helping any either.

Tone it down blood. There's a right way to go about this and this ain't it.