Notifications
Clear all

Bad scar from Trauma - Please Help!

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 02/26/2016 1:31 pm

It's only been a few days but to be honest it looks pretty bad. The filler has elevated the firm white scar tissue to be very pronounced. It's wide and looks like I have a patch of glue stuck on my forehead. I still have muscle atrophy around the scar line so that makes it look even more pronounced. And it doesn't move naturally when I raise my eyebrows.

I don't see much of a point in resurfacing if this was such a failure.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 02/26/2016 3:41 pm

Do you have a photo of this? Would help evaluation

Also:How are you so sure you've lost muscle? It's less likely (and more hopeful, if you're into that) to think otherwise.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 02/26/2016 4:47 pm

Here's a pic of the scar with filler. Keep in mind that it doesn't move naturally. The skin around it sinks down so it looks so much worse when I move my eyebrow.

So what do you recommend now? The doctor is recommending micro needling.

My hospital report said my laceration/avulsion was star shaped through the muscle down to the bone. So yeah, probably lost some muscle. The muscle that is left is weakand saggy. The second pic is before my scar revision to give you an idea of the atrophy problem. It was a pretty wide blow to my face.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 02/26/2016 8:43 pm

That looks decent for only a couple of days out. I'm guessing this will flatten more as the filler has time to settle. When you inject this superficially, you are always going to look lump for a week or two. You're not going to get perfection, which I say from experience. I think once it settles, a little concealer would help camouflage it even further.

At the end of the day, the filler can't in any way make the scar worse because it's temporary.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 03/03/2016 10:20 pm

On February 25, 2016 at 11:30 AM, scarredandsad34 said:

Well folks I tried the filler and it looks like shit. Now it looks like I have a keloid on my face. I'm screwed now that this didn't work.

I'm sorry to read that you're feeling this way. I know how you feel...really, I do. How are you feeling about the filler now? Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to vent to. Stay strong.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 03/03/2016 11:38 pm

It still looks like shit. I'm disfigured for life 🙁

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 03/04/2016 4:08 pm

16 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:

It still looks like shit. I'm disfigured for life :(

You're still only a week out.  It might actually get better. 
In any case, have you thought about taking some meds for the anxiety this seems to be causing you? (I haven't re-read the post so I don't know if you've addressed this already). It did help take the edge off for me. 

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 03/04/2016 7:18 pm

Yes I've tried meds and counseling. Nothing helps. I've lost all hope. FML big time.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 03/05/2016 9:51 am

14 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:

Yes I've tried meds and counseling. Nothing helps. I've lost all hope. FML big time.

Nothing I say is going to make you feel better. But the offer still stands, if you ever need to reach out to someone who understands how you feel, you can PM me. Life is short...live it. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 03/05/2016 1:52 pm

@Nope.aviYou are a big promoter of needling. Have you done it on your skin for scars? Have you seen any improvement? Do you have pictures?

MemberMember
(@yasminemauve)

Posted : 03/06/2016 1:16 am

Hi I understand what you must be going through, I am going through something similar after my dermapen session but hang in there, this scar will get better with time and secondly honestly it's a very small scar, for which you don't need to ruin your life. Trust me, sometimes it's just us so obsessed with these scars and marks,others don't even notice them! Also just think about burn victims and understand the blessings in your life. Nature and time is the best healer for everything... Plz don't get yourself into taking other treatments that docs are selling and most importantly antidepressants, they are addictive and may put you at risk for problems.. So yes counselling, therapy, meditation are the best. Hang in there, you will be out of this soon!

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 03/06/2016 3:39 pm

14 hours ago, yasminemauve said:

Hi I understand what you must be going through, I am going through something similar after my dermapen session but hang in there, this scar will get better with time and secondly honestly it's a very small scar, for which you don't need to ruin your life. Trust me, sometimes it's just us so obsessed with these scars and marks,others don't even notice them! Also just think about burn victims and understand the blessings in your life. Nature and time is the best healer for everything... Plz don't get yourself into taking other treatments that docs are selling and most importantly antidepressants, they are addictive and may put you at risk for problems.. So yes counselling, therapy, meditation are the best. Hang in there, you will be out of this soon!

I appreciate your kind words but the reality is this scar is a very prominent feature on my face. Yeah, it's not very big but it's very deep and wide, almost like a hole in my forehead. It is actually getting worse with time, not better. It is sinking in more, widening, and becoming more of a disfigurement. People will notice, stare, and comment. I have to hide my forehead for the rest of my life and that is debilitating. I will never be out of this. It is there for life. This is no blessing. It is a curse.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 04/03/2016 12:17 pm

Please help! I tried one session of laser resurfacing (1540 Palomar lux erbuim) with a plastic surgeon and I'm afraid I made the scar worse. The filler has flattened and now looks lumpy and displaced. My skin is now dry and swollen looking. I have the little brown specs on it and have even formed a little milia pimple. It's been 5 days since the laser treatment. Is this normal???

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 04/08/2016 3:26 pm

On Ž3Ž/Ž3Ž/Ž2016 at 8:38 PM, scarredandsad34 said:

It still looks like shit. I'm disfigured for life :(

LOL nevermind I just saw this ...are you serious ? you call me out on pointing out minor scarring and say im a jerk because I make others feel bad and "no one will notice my scars" ..then I see your pic!?!? you have one small dent on your forehead and your crying like a little girl and poking jabs at me. get over yourself dude. Me, along with the majority of others on this site, would trade our scar for the little freaking dent anyday. by the way, I think it actually looks cool. like you got in a fight or something. I wouldn't even mind having that if that was the only scar on my face..i have around 70 ice pick scars, and 5 or 6 boxcar/ roling. GETOVER YOURSELF.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 04/08/2016 5:57 pm

On April 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM, ScarFace6556 said:
On March 3, 2016 at 8:38 PM, scarredandsad34 said:

It still looks like shit. I'm disfigured for life |::(

LOL nevermind I just saw this ...are you serious ? you call me out on pointing out minor scarring and say im a jerk because I make others feel bad and "no one will notice my scars" ..then I see your pic!?!? you have one small dent on your forehead and your crying like a little girl and poking jabs at me. get over yourself dude. Me, along with the majority of others on this site, would trade our scar for the little freaking dent anyday. by the way, I think it actually looks cool. like you got in a fight or something. I wouldn't even mind having that if that was the only scar on my face..i have around 70 ice pick scars, and 5 or 6 boxcar/ roling. GETOVER YOURSELF.

Actually I am a little girl, not some dude who got into a fight, nor do I want to look like I have been. Don't minimize my suffering. But it looks much worse than a cut from a fight. I got bashed in the head with a giant board. The whole left side of my forehead has been scarred and I have deep scar tissue and fat loss all over, not just where the dent is . It's a massive disfigurement and can't be missed. Your so called scars are nothing compared this. 

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 04/08/2016 6:04 pm

On 4/8/2016 at 6:57 PM, scarredandsad34 said:

Actually I am a little girl, not some dude who got into a fight, nor do I want to look like I have been. Don't minimize my suffering. But it looks much worse than a cut from a fight. I got bashed in the head with a giant board. The whole left side of my forehead has been scarred and I have deep scar tissue and fat loss all over, not just where the dent is . It's a massive disfigurement and can't be missed. Your so called scars are nothing compared this.

[Media removed]

no harm..take it easy...I know you've tried procedures but keep trying.dont give up..im going to start on mine

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 04/08/2016 6:10 pm

On April 8, 2016 at 4:04 PM, ScarFace6556 said:
On April 8, 2016 at 3:57 PM, scarredandsad34 said:

no harm..take it easy...I know you've tried procedures but keep trying.dont give up..im going to start on mine

I've already tried everything and have been told by multiple doctors that nothing else can be done. There is no cure. This is it. I can't go out in public with this showing. Hell is better than my life right now. You don't know how good you have it. I am condemned to a lifetime of suffering and distress.

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 04/08/2016 6:25 pm

You're seriously so dramatic. Keep throwing a pity party. Who has the worst scars is not a competition. You guys are probably annoying as fuck in real life.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 04/08/2016 6:41 pm

48 minutes ago, Dan34 said:

You're seriously so dramatic. Keep throwing a pity party. Who has the worst scars is not a competition. You guys are probably annoying as fuck in real life.

Actually I used to be quite normal, well liked, and social before my accident. And most importantly, I used to be HAPPY! I lived a very great life before this. I took it for granted. I can't go out in public comfortably anymore. Swimming, the gym, the sun, the wind (basically anything that requires me to expose my forehead), is traumatizing. My face from my eyebrows up is ruined. I am not looking for pity. I am a human being in an insurmountable amount of pain. I'm sorry if you think I'm seeking attention. I came here trying to get advice to minimize my scarring. But it is too bad. It cannot be reduced. And I have been in denial. In fact, I still am. Having a facial disfigurement is crippling in today's society. I guess I'm just venting at this point. But please don't kick me when I'm down. Would you insult someone who lost a limb or a burn victim?

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/09/2016 8:45 pm

On April 8, 2016 at 7:41 PM, scarredandsad34 said:
Actually I used to be quite normal, well liked, and social before my accident. And most importantly, I used to be HAPPY! I lived a very great life before this. I took it for granted. I can't go out in public comfortably anymore. Swimming, the gym, the sun, the wind (basically anything that requires me to expose my forehead), is traumatizing. My face from my eyebrows up is ruined. I am not looking for pity. I am a human being in an insurmountable amount of pain. I'm sorry if you think I'm seeking attention. I came here trying to get advice to minimize my scarring. But it is too bad. It cannot be reduced. And I have been in denial. In fact, I still am. Having a facial disfigurement is crippling in today's society. I guess I'm just venting at this point. But please don't kick me when I'm down. Would you insult someone who lost a limb or a burn victim?

It's hard for some people to understand the pain a scar can cause. And oftentimes, especially on this board, it's hard to get sympathy when your scarring seems minimal to other people (though not to you).
Folks, can we just try to be nice to one another? We all handle things differently. What is nothing to you can be a huge deal to others. We all just come here for a little compassion and understanding.

shadylee liked
MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/31/2016 5:16 pm

this person literally whines about one little tiny scar on the forehead no one even cares about. you know i have that same kind of scar on my left temple which is coupled with actual acne scarring? none of which you have

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/15/2016 8:01 pm

So I went to another consulation today, blew $180 for a doctor to tell me to try the erbium Palermo laser, which I already had and just messed my filler up. He would not do more filler and said subcision won't help. This really discourages me and I'm terrified that my forehead can't be improved. I am once again at a total loss. My life has been reduced to doctors visits and blowing money on consultations and failed scar treatments. I'm very depressed. The only thing that gets me through the week is knowing that I have another appointment scheduled with a doctor and hoping/praying this will be the one who can help me, who has a plan to get my scar reduced. Then when the appointment starts togosouth and I get that forced smile but can see behind it that look of annoyance coupled with pity and anexpression that says "sorry honey, there's nothing that can be done", my world comes crashing down all over again.

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 07/15/2016 9:17 pm

1 hour ago, scarredandsad34 said:

So I went to another consulation today, blew $180 for a doctor to tell me to try the erbium Palermo laser, which I already had and just messed my filler up. He would not do more filler and said subcision won't help. This really discourages me and I'm terrified that my forehead can't be improved. I am once again at a total loss. My life has been reduced to doctors visits and blowing money on consultations and failed scar treatments. I'm very depressed. The only thing that gets me through the week is knowing that I have another appointment scheduled with a doctor and hoping/praying this will be the one who can help me, who has a plan to get my scar reduced. Then when the appointment starts togosouth and I get that forced smile but can see behind it that look of annoyance coupled with pity and anexpression that says "sorry honey, there's nothing that can be done", my world comes crashing down all over again and I feel like dying. This is the endless loop that wescar sufferers face.This pain and agony is with me for life.

Have you read about the Hydrogel by Gemstone Biotherapeutics? It has already completely regenerated skin in mice and pigs(which is very close to human skin) and humans trials are either being done right now or very soon. I think this is something to be hopeful about. Your scar would be an easy fix if it works, simply excise the scar tissue and let the wound bed reheat with the hydrogel.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/16/2016 12:14 am

3 hours ago, mjg713 said:
Have you read about the Hydrogel by Gemstone Biotherapeutics? It has already completely regenerated skin in mice and pigs(which is very close to human skin) and humans trials are either being done right now or very soon. I think this is something to be hopeful about. Your scar would be an easy fix if it works, simply excise the scar tissue and let the wound bed reheat with the hydrogel.

Oh please, you are kidding yourself if you think that there will be a cure for scars anytime in our lifetime, if ever. Not trying to be an asshole but that is what I firmly believe.

im looking for a real treatment that I can execute now and get me my life back, not some pipedream that will never come true.

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 07/16/2016 4:03 am

3 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
Oh please, you are kidding yourself if you think that there will be a cure for scars anytime in our lifetime, if ever. Not trying to be an asshole but that is what I firmly believe.

im looking for a real treatment that I can execute now and get me my life back, not some pipedream that will never come true.

That's not aconsidering answer