Notifications
Clear all

Worried??

MemberMember
(@xamelianavarrolive-com)

Posted : 01/20/2016 3:14 pm

Hi guys..
So I am a fifteen year old. So yesterday I went to the clinic for my "acne" & I got prescribed Retin-A Gel which is 0.05% and 50mg of minocycline. I've heard great things of Retin-A. but I heard there's an initial breakout which I'm scared of. My skin isn't terrible. I don't have severe acne and I don't get cysts. However, I do get small pimples here and there which leave behind dark marks that makes my complexion uneven. My forehead is mostly covered in dark marks and so is my back. A however, I don't have severe acne which I guess is a good thing. I just get pimples that take a long time to heal. I want Retin-A to speed up the fading of my dark spots so my skin could look more even again. However, like I said before, I'm very scared to start trying Retin-A because I don't want my skin to flare up with pimples everywhere. I've use Alpha Hydroxy's before and they never caused my skin to break out but I don't know if that could be said for Retin-A. I also have keratosis pilaris on my cheeks which I hope Retin-A could clear up. Should I start using Retin-A? Will it cause my skin to break out a lot?

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 01/20/2016 9:17 pm

5 hours ago, Amelia= said:

Hi guys..
So I am a fifteen year old. So yesterday I went to the clinic for my "acne" & I got prescribed Retin-A Gel which is 0.05% and 50mg of minocycline. I've heard great things of Retin-A. but I heard there's an initial breakout which I'm scared of. My skin isn't terrible. I don't have severe acne and I don't get cysts. However, I do get small pimples here and there which leave behind dark marks that makes my complexion uneven. My forehead is mostly covered in dark marks and so is my back. A however, I don't have severe acne which I guess is a good thing. I just get pimples that take a long time to heal. I want Retin-A to speed up the fading of my dark spots so my skin could look more even again. However, like I said before, I'm very scared to start trying Retin-A because I don't want my skin to flare up with pimples everywhere. I've use Alpha Hydroxy's before and they never caused my skin to break out but I don't know if that could be said for Retin-A. I also have keratosis pilaris on my cheeks which I hope Retin-A could clear up. Should I start using Retin-A? Will it cause my skin to break out a lot?

It depends some people do get intial breakout and some dont. When I first started using retin A I did get a intial breakout but it wasnt that bad they were mostly papules but eventually cleared up and it cleared up alot of the dark marks that I had and it made my very smooth and thick...