Notifications
Clear all

dermaroller / microneedling

MemberMember
(@sunshine04)

Posted : 01/09/2016 8:29 am

Hello everyone!

I know there are lots of questions about dermaroller/microneedling in this forum, however, they are mostly written about people just about to start rolling.

If there is anyone who has done this for some time, what is your experience? I am to nervous to buy a roller on my own I think but I consider doing it on a clinic. Is it worth the money? What about the risks? I have some quite mild acne scaring but it disturbs me a lot. My acne is under control but I sometimes get a few pimples before my period starts.

Thankful for any advice!

MemberMember
(@orangez)

Posted : 01/17/2016 7:30 pm

Been doing it at least 6-10 months. First with a 1.0 then a 2.0 mm roller. Doesn't really seem like there are any risks, aside from some short term swelling/bleeding. I personally wouldn't spend money to do in in a clinic, tbh the only reason I even continue doing it at all is because I figure it can't hurt. I've seen no noticeable results I would attribute to rolling.

Depending on what type of scarring you have the cheap methods of treating are chemical peels, derma rolling, retinoids, subcision and TCA cross. Chemical peels seem to me the cheapest/quickest method of improving scarring. Granted the results are still not dramatic.