Notifications
Clear all

Red spots left by pimples?? Please help!

MemberMember
(@ivyr614)

Posted : 01/06/2016 2:17 am

Hello! I have these red marks or spots left by every pimple I get! I never had this before it just started recently. I get pimples from my period and it leaves a mark every time they go away so they just keep adding up so I have a lot right now on my right cheek. I've had them for a couple months now and some seem to fade a bit but the bigger ones are taking longer. What products can I use for this? I've used lush before for my acne and i like lush a lot. Does anyone know what lush products are good for these red marks?

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 01/07/2016 2:25 pm

If you've had them for 2 months and it they don't look like they have faded at all it's more than likely post inflammatory erythema. Which is bad news because it's evidently very difficult to get rid of those kinds of marks without going through expensive procedures like laser treatments. I don't know why this isn't seen as as big of an issue as acne itself because having red marks that don't go away absolutely sucks because like you said they just keep building up and it looks just as bad if not worse than just having acne. I have done a metric crap ton of research about these marks and I found some things that people said would work but there's just not enough evidence of anything working. That doesn't mean they don't work, it just means there's not enough evidence so that makes it even more difficult to get rid of them. I don't know how else to help you except to tell you this. I have no idea if any lush products would help with this, but since there's not a lot of evidence of anything helping other than lasers it's probably worth a try anyway. It really is a shame that so many people seem to be unaware of the big issue that is post inflammatory erythema. Truly sorry I can't help more, but i'm pretty much in the same boat as you. All I can tell you is good luck, you'll need it.